Notley and Trudeau are morons.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, I have been speaking about this for a long time. I have many posts and even a few threads regarding this issue. Often I have been out cast as "racist" because of my outlook and view of one equal country. One of the things troubling me now are companies that are being FORCED to be "first nation compliant". All that really amount to is paying a portion of your wage to some special interest group specifically based on their ethnic background. Or companies are being forced to hire native services regardless of qualifications or quality of services.

My next vote is for a government that is willing to reform indian affairs

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are we to eliminate inequality, when we continue to treat everyone differently than the natives ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am thinking that the whole separate society thing was a bad idea when the soldiers that fought and beat the native tribes a few hundred years ago.
They were far from being social engineers and needed a quick plan to put all the Indians in a prison and a way to have them look after themselves. Thus the reserves came to surface.
Like any population, it grows and needs bigger prisons.
The biggest reformation that our Native Canadians should do in my opinion is stop living life in a prison. The Guards are corrupt, disorganized and thoughtless. The Guards are the Cheif's and their Government Liaison's that allow this to happen.
The reason we are paying and having to apologize is that we still allow the prisons to exist and the Guards are making money by keeping this system in place.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you don't apply this idiotic nonsense to other people & nations ....lmao
Every nation on earth would be paying for ever .....
And yes it can & should be changed ...
The sooner the better!

Idiotic nonsense for a government to pay for a major wrong doing?

We now send armies in when Governments feel they can round up people who they don't want around.

Again I ask if it was your kids who were taken would you say "aw well it happen but I'm moving on????"
You think a rape victim or a child who has been abused can just "move on?"

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enough with the bleeding heart crybaby stuff with the Indians. Apologies have been made, compensation paid, and nothing like that will ever be repeated. Time to move on. As far as the land issues, treaties were signed and the natives were given land, some of which now is the most valuable in the country. The natives take full advantage of the treaties ( free health care, no taxation, free education and the list goes on).
In return it should be expected that they live up to their obligations in the treaties and use the money and benefits given to improve, develop and prosper on the land set aside for them as set out in the treaties. Bear in mind that in the history of Canada only the natives were given land for free with no strings attached on a permanent basis. Everyone else ( homesteaders, railways, HBC etc) had strings attached and/or time limits set on land holdings.
This notion that because their ancestors walked across the land long ago makes it all now theirs is asinine.

Cry baby stuff? Really it's called compassion for people who have had to deal with the mental issues for their entire life from what happened to them.
There are many issues in the first nations systems and way of living but to condem them is wrong. It took 50 years to screw up a nation of people, it will take generations to set it straight.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cry baby stuff? Really it's called compassion for people who have had to deal with the mental issues for their entire life from what happened to them.
There are many issues in the first nations systems and way of living but to condem them is wrong. It took 50 years to screw up a nation of people, it will take generations to set it straight.

Bad stuff has happened to every culture since the dawn of time, and thinking like this is the problem. A country that was conquered hundreds of years ago and somehow we are still being held accountable :confused:. So do you think the modern German gov't should be held responsible for the killing of millions of jews and paying the survivors millions of dollars a year, its the same thing in my eyes.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Bad stuff has happened to every culture since the dawn of time, and thinking like this is the problem. A country that was conquered hundreds of years ago and somehow we are still being held accountable :confused:. So do you think the modern German gov't should be held responsible for the killing of millions of jews and paying the survivors millions of dollars a year, its the same thing in my eyes.

Rome should have to pay most European, Northern Africa, Middle East, and some Asian countries too, then.......

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE=pano

Explain please pano-dude.....how many years should someone be paying for their mistakes in the past? Mistakes were made, yes. Compensation has been paid, yes. when should the compensation end?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idiotic nonsense for a government to pay for a major wrong doing?

We now send armies in when Governments feel they can round up people who they don't want around.

Again I ask if it was your kids who were taken would you say "aw well it happen but I'm moving on????"
You think a rape victim or a child who has been abused can just "move on?"

Look no one ( obviously) likes or agrees with this ... But in reality much , much worse things have happened over time ...sadly !
We can not right all wrongs , and throwing $$$ at an issue from decades ago is not going to fix it in today's times !
Moving forward and giving more "rights & freedoms & cash to today's natives only exacerbates the problem , it can not be un done . You need to see how some cultures evolve and deal with their predecessors, then you will realize most Canadians have tried they're best to move forward and put this behind them ....
If everyone of us had to compensate for a wronging doing a direct ancestor committed.... We would be all broke !!!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To digress from native discussion. So we all know how mr T pledged to spends gazillions on infrastructure across the contry to boost the economy and blah blah blah ... well I heard a romour that the contract for the road improvements at gasoline ally went to an american company. Sure they bid well below everyone else ( to the tune of upto 20mill) but they bring their own crews and materials. So amybe it can b said that they need to stay somewhere and eat somewhere, but chances r they will already have accounts with american owned accom providers.

Way to go mr T, give canadian tax payer dollars to american companies ...

But I could be totally wrong with this story. Anyone else hear about this ...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's becoming rapidly apparent that the infrastructure plan is/has not worked ...and the lack of revenue from the energy sector has been completely underestimated....
In other words .. JT ( us ) have a problem.....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lets not forget that it wasn't the government that abused the children. It was the clergymen. There was no intent nor instruction from the government to abuse them. If you want someone to pay both financially and principally, go after the churches.

The intent of the residential schools was to give the children the scholastic and language skills to survive and prosper in the white world, which whether you like it or not, is the majority of this country an others. It went horribly wrong for many reasons, mostly due to the attitudes of the religious entities that ran the schools.
Now the natives stay pent up on their reserves, being oppressed by their own tribal councils and the Indian affairs department that is totally out of touch with the needs of their people. The feds under Justin Trudeau are too politically correct to call a spade a spade and clean things up. Harper was on track to make the band councils open their books and justify where the money was being spent. Trudeau ended that policy.
So now the chiefs, their relatives and friends will still get the high paying jobs, new trucks, nice houses, winter vacations etc etc, and the rest of the tribe gets to live in squalor like always. 3 years from now in the next election, nothing will have changed, and Trudeau will again promise to fix it all...

Stockorwalk

Reaction score
Seems like the corruption/lack of leadership of the aboriginal leaders more or less mimics what we've got going on with our "leaders" lol. I can't complain about the natives, they were born into circumstances beyond their control and some come out great and some not so much, doesn't seem much difference from the rest of us. Not to mention all the other stuff from the past. I want to be clear that I'm not trying to take sides one way or another, I haven't been around long enough or informed enough to make decisions on policies that effect large groups of people's lives, or try to change things that were set in motion when this country was being formed. One thing I have done is make an attempt to become informed, because all I have ever heard is stuff like I have read in this forum, "it's all the people in the past that screwed the natives, and the church it's all someone else's fault, why are we paying for it, their lazy and don't want to work , they got free land and don't pay taxes, lazy no goods" and I wondered why does everyone hate them? So I looked for information on the subject, read a few books. Now I still don't know what should be done about the situation, it is very messy, and will more than likely be in a political quagmire long after I'm gone. https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ar...http://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like the corruption/lack of leadership of the aboriginal leaders more or less mimics what we've got going on with our "leaders" lol. I can't complain about the natives, they were born into circumstances beyond their control and some come out great and some not so much, doesn't seem much difference from the rest of us. Not to mention all the other stuff from the past. I want to be clear that I'm not trying to take sides one way or another, I haven't been around long enough or informed enough to make decisions on policies that effect large groups of people's lives, or try to change things that were set in motion when this country was being formed. One thing I have done is make an attempt to become informed, because all I have ever heard is stuff like I have read in this forum, "it's all the people in the past that screwed the natives, and the church it's all someone else's fault, why are we paying for it, their lazy and don't want to work , they got free land and don't pay taxes, lazy no goods" and I wondered why does everyone hate them? So I looked for information on the subject, read a few books. Now I still don't know what should be done about the situation, it is very messy, and will more than likely be in a political quagmire long after I'm gone. https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ar...http://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

I don't hate natives, I just want them to contribute to tax pot.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To digress from native discussion. So we all know how mr T pledged to spends gazillions on infrastructure across the contry to boost the economy and blah blah blah ... well I heard a romour that the contract for the road improvements at gasoline ally went to an american company. Sure they bid well below everyone else ( to the tune of upto 20mill) but they bring their own crews and materials. So amybe it can b said that they need to stay somewhere and eat somewhere, but chances r they will already have accounts with american owned accom providers.

Way to go mr T, give canadian tax payer dollars to american companies ...

But I could be totally wrong with this story. Anyone else hear about this ...

The tune was under 5 million between the two lowest bids. Most employees are Canadian. I don't work for them. They took work from me. We also had a few guys jump ship, but it's 4 years of work for them.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the First Nation hand outs perhaps true-dope can convince trump to pay back all the damage they did to the black folk, I'm sure we owe them something to.
new rules need to be applied NO MORE HANDOUTS...everyone is equal. Get a job and be responsible for yourself.

Top Bottom