Not Bashing

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread was started in 2007 eh..... ;)

Now thats funny....2 years later, we get a reply from a dealer that this should not have happened.....2 years later.....
but not a word from Echo Cycle....oops, I meant **** ***** :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AHHH Man I feel like an idiot I read the whole thing...and didn't notice it was from 2007...do I feel DUMB

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this so i have not had much to do with sled dealers, but When i have had bad service with car dealers I have had more luck complaining to the actual manufacture's head office and let them know what bad service I got.
Last time I did this with Ford my parts suddenly appeared in stock the next day

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think a certain dealer is trying to dig up old business from a competitor to try and promote their own interest and sales. But I have actually had a lot of problem with the new bosting dealer with their wonderful business practices. I have made a statement that I will never step foot into their business again because of past problems. Just my two cents !!:nono::nono:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I think a certain dealer is trying to dig up old business from a competitor to try and promote their own interest and sales. But I have actually had a lot of problem with the new bosting dealer with their wonderful business practices. I have made a statement that I will never step foot into their business again because of past problems. Just my two cents !!:nono::nono:

Well to carry on the dead thread I have never had a problem with *cho cycl* but will never set foot in Creekside* Suzuki

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well to carry on the dead thread I have never had a problem with *cho cycl* but will never set foot in Creekside* Suzuki

I think that`s pretty much what I was saying.. LOL
I have always been treated with great respect from Dave
But Dan*y at Creekside is a different story..

burndown1

Reaction score
I want the Dealers name! Private message everyone, the word will get out. I have not read everything in this thread so..... do it. Customer service is the key.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, this post was from 2007. I know that since Dave B got int ownership he has spent a lot of time cleaning out he cobwebs at EC. It really is a completely new place. He has great staff and the service department is better than ever. I am always treated VERY well there and they continue to surprise me with the service and respect I have been getting. My hat is off to Dave B for his work in making it a better dealership.

Now I could mention a few others that really suck...in code of course:

:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Echo has always treated me well....my issue is the stock, there are certain parts that should never have to be ordered in....bogie wheel bearings for example, how many different bearing models are there on the AC's???? how much space and cost do they require on inventory? 2 weeks to get bearings in??????? Napa set me up in 5 mins....3 weeks for a coil spring and chain...then the chain was wrong (hope it worked on your machine ZRrrr)... I've been ordering thru Browns Liesure World in Yourkton SK. they carry a HUGE inventory and can have my parts to me next day. Now I use T&T because Terry is a site sponsor and an all round good guy who cares about the people and the sport.

If I name drop at Riverside Ski-doo I get good service but without mentioning my buddies name I'm just a number

Justy my 2 cents

As mentioned, this post was from 2007. I know that since Dave B got int ownership he has spent a lot of time cleaning out he cobwebs at EC. It really is a completely new place. He has great staff and the service department is better than ever. I am always treated VERY well there and they continue to surprise me with the service and respect I have been getting. My hat is off to Dave B for his work in making it a better dealership.

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Echo has always treated me well....my issue is the stock, there are certain parts that should never have to be ordered in....bogie wheel bearings for example, how many different bearing models are there on the AC's???? how much space and cost do they require on inventory? 2 weeks to get bearings in??????? Napa set me up in 5 mins....3 weeks for a coil spring and chain...then the chain was wrong (hope it worked on your machine ZRrrr)... I've been ordering thru Browns Liesure World in Yourkton SK. they carry a HUGE inventory and can have my parts to me next day. Now I use T&T because Terry is a site sponsor and an all round good guy who cares about the people and the sport.

If I name drop at Riverside Ski-doo I get good service but without mentioning my buddies name I'm just a number

Justy my 2 cents

Got to ask, what number are you?;)

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worked at ECHO and all i can say i Dave tries very hard at making everyone happy.....some ppl have there expectations way too HIGH. We one the counters let it be parts or service are just ppl and we do make mistakes!!!!!. When you getting 100's of phone calls a day and trying to help customers it can get overwhelming. What other dealer Stock's 50 or so clutches? and what other dealer parts out sled to get you ppl cheaper parts? or take parts of there own demos? i know for a fact that Echo does......

Its not always the dealers fault...sometimes the mother company doesnt have the parts, there are back orders and shipping(dealers have no control over that).

ill proper warm ups=cold siezes, why should that be warrenty?
lack of maintence= break downs, why should that be warrenty?

the dealers dont decide what is warrenty it's Cat.

Why don't we start a thread stating what they have done exceptional...........

ill start. Customer comes in with 2 m1000 clutches one totally worn out and states 500mi only(please be realistic) whats spider spun off of one and installed on another after Cat said no warrenty. Ok Echo warns customer that it might not come apart......spiders are a b**ch. Cust says go ahead. Well apon removal of the so called good spider...it cracks. So both clutches are NFG. Customer is cursing and raising his voice thats a great way to get service BTW. So Mr. Dave comes in and offers the guy a brand new clutch at cost(450.00 at the time)...........the guy thinks it should be free. Next he offers to take a used clutch of a used sled in the showroom and give it to him for 300.00 still not good enough. Customer leaves pissed and cursing saying he will never shop here again and he had bad service!!

WTF do ppl expect dealers to do i think that was more than good service and Echo tried its hardest to keep him happy...even tho he never bought or shoped at ECHO before.

PPL i would love to see that service at any other dealer.

this is just my 2 cents.
HONDA310R

ratpak

Reaction score
I went to an un-named dealer in fort saskatchewan for a part on my Yamaha Nytro. The "knob" with an attitude behind the counter said it would take a week to 10 days to get in unless I paid extra for express shipping, then it would be 2-3 days. 4 days later, I went to get it, but it wasn't in yet... They billed my credit card, but forgot to order the part.

The following week, it arrived and when I went to pick it up, they said "don't worry about the shipping charges of course". I wasn't happy it took so long and I missed a trip to the mountains as a result, but at least they recognized the problem and were willing to adjust it accordingly (so I thought).

When I got my credit card statement, it showed they had billed the full amount including the express shipping even though I didn't need express shipping at that point. When I went back to talk to the "tool bag" I had dealt with, he said he couldn't reverse the charges, but would give me a discount off my next purchase. Gee, thanks Mr. $8/hour...

It was only a small amount, but if it didn't come by express shipping as I originally needed, I shouldn't pay for express shipping. They can have the money; I will never spend another cent in that dealship again. Fortunately, when I went out to the parking lot to leave, a guy saw my sled in the back of my truck and asked me how I liked it 'cause he was going in to buy the same one. After about a half hour conversation, I convinced him to buy his sled from another dealer.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

AAAAANNNNNDDDDD now we're bashing..................:rolleyes:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

FYI....he's talking about another Dave B....not me eh.

jdkzrt

Reaction score
When I got my credit card statement, it showed they had billed the full amount including the express shipping even though I didn't need express shipping at that point. When I went back to talk to the "tool bag" I had dealt with, he said he couldn't reverse the charges, but would give me a discount off my next purchase. Gee, thanks Mr. $8/hour...

Next time, infront of Mr. Toolbag, call VISA/MC/AMEX customer service and tell them that you are disputing the charge on your CC statement because you didn't get the product / service you were charged for.

Then see if Mr. Toolbag reverses the charge..... as you're walking out the door.
I don't know why more people don't do this.

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i THINKS IT'S REDICULOUS THESE BUSINESS'S CAN TREAT CUSTOMERS IN THAT MANNER ......THEIR NAME SHOULD BE POSTED AND EXPERIENCES PASSED ON .....AFTERALL , IT SHOULD CATCH UP WITH THEM .....IF THEY WANT TO STAY IN BUSINESS MAYBE THEY SHOULD CLEAN UP THEIR ACT !!

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
in some ways it would be nice if this site had the same rules for a dealers bad service/bad sellers on the classifieds as pirate 4x4. if you are on pirate at all you will see that they are very open about this and actually have a separate forum listing where all is told <good or bad > and the results of the complaints are also posted. it really comes down to the site owner willing to forgo advertising from dealers and have a site that is very much for the site members and not to earn a large amount of advertising money for the owner.

Top Bottom