Not Bashing

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please note that this is not BASHING. These are strictly the FACTS.

My work schedule for the last few months has been 3 to 4 weeks working, 1 week off. So last time I was off at the start of October, I had ordered some parts from **** *****so that I can fix my wifes sled for the next time I am home. Yep, no problem, I give them my credit card number and they say they will call in about a week when the parts get in.

Yesterday I am on my way back home (a 10 hr drive), and call **** *****to see if the parts are in. The first girl picks up the phone, and its the usual: What's your name, what's your phone number, what did you order, when did you order it, I don't see anything here about that, let me pass you on to someone else. Girl two picks up the phone: What's your name, what's your phone number, what did you order, when did you order it, I don't see anything here about that, who were you talking to, let me pass you on to someone else. Part's guy three pick's up the phone: What's your name, what's your phone number, what did you order, when did you order it, I don't see anything here about that, who were you talking to.

I told him that it was HIM that I was talking to, and the usual: Well I don't recall that conversation, and there is nothing here that says that you ordered any parts. I tell him AGAIN what I need, and he tells me that it will take about 5 buiness days from (today) to get the parts in. I explain that that will be a problem, as the day the parts get in is the same day that I will be heading back to work for another three weeks, and it really screws me over. The usual: Well I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do about that. I ask him if he can get the parts expressed out here, and he says: I guess so, but it will cost you another $300. I explain that it wasn't my mistake, not my fault the parts aren't here when I needed them, and that I don't think that I should have to pay for that. Again: I'm sorry, we can't pay for the express shipping. So because I need these parts to fix the sled, and they were cheaper than the other quotes I got, I tell him to order the parts again, reminding him that it is setting be back by three weeks.

I get home last night, and look at my credit card bill: OCT 4 **** *****$483. The same amount as the part that I ordered. So I have to phone them back and talk to parts guy three again, because no one else there will have any idea about what is going on. I tell them that they DID process my order, and that my card was charged. He looks into whatever he looks into, and says; Oh yeah, we did process the order, and bill your card, however we didn't order the parts. You can imagine how I am feeling at about this point.

In my past experience, I have learned that it does absolutely no good to yell and scream to the guy on the other end, because he does not care one bit about the customer, only about collecting his paycheck at the end of the month. The only thing that a customer can do, is tell his peers about the experiences that he has had. This forum has been the ideal place to do that. Myself and others have praised other local businesses when they have provided excellent service, so it should only be fair to express our displeasure when service expectations have been greatly underachieved. I have not had great experiences with **** ***** in the past, but have given them the benefit of a doubt at the time, and have not said anything. This time, I can't keep it to myself.

LET ME SAY THIS OUT LOUD SO THAT ALL CAN HEAR: I LIVE IN THE CAMROSE AREA, AND HAVE TRAVELLED TO EDMONTON LOOKING FOR EXCELLENT PARTS AND SALES SERVICE. I HAVE YET TO FIND AN ARCTIC CAT DEALERSHIP THAT HAS GIVEN ME THE SERVICE THAT I EXPECT. I MAY NOT BE PURCHASING $30,000 A YEAR IN NEW MACHINES AND PARTS, BUT THAT SHOULD BE ABSOLUETELY NO REASON TO RECIEVE SUB-STANDARD SERVICE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO TREAT ME LIKE CRAP FOR ORDERING $10 IN PARTS, YOU CAN BE DAM SURE THAT WHEN I DO BUY MY NEXT BIG PURCHASE, IT SURE WON'T BE FROM YOUR DEALERSHIP.

Please spare me the "you should buy a blah blah blah". I like my cats, and I will continue to ride them.

Unhappily yours,

tekim:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give the owner a call, and tell him that you are not happy you where billed and they(the store) did not order the parts. You have been waiting for the parts and you want the store to cover all of the cost to have them over nighted to you. It is not your fault that they can not get there s**t together. Let him know that you are letting everyone you know that there store sucks when it comes to costumer service. It might help but always go to the top when you are not getting the answers you want. I can tell you many times that I have not had to pay for work that I wanted done because I went to the top. If you need help let me know and I can make the call for you.

crushd

Reaction score
Dealers in general are too busy right now, it will be nice in some ways to see the economy slow down a bit because then maybe the customer can be in the drivers seat again.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yeah I would be a little choked too I would call the highest guy there and explain in a calm voice if you go off in a rant right from the start he will get his back up. If you are calm a point out what happened, when it get to him he "should" bend over backwards to help you out

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain Tekim, call the owner and remind him how much money you have dropped off at his/her dealership and that you will no longer be dropping off that money at his/her dealership!! because of lousy service.This is the exact reason that there is a booming business in online parts odering , borders don't matter anymore!!! and I hope these dealers are aware of this because one of these days poor service is going to turn around and bite them in the a%#. I have a similar story about buying a pair of sledding pants was looking at buying a pair of Klim pants so got online to see where the nearest dealers where located within my area, I went to these dealers (two different sled dealers) walked in the door wondered around looking at sledden clothes not one sales person came up to see if I needed help and there were lots of store employees in the stores, so that tells me they are not interested in my business. I guess I will take my $ 500 elsewhere, the net or another dealer who is at least happy I walked through the fromt door.

Billy Boy:cool:

F

FAB1

Well you can listen to the replies so far or do it this way...Post the name of the company (so no one else has to do biz with these morons) then drive over there and punch each one of them in the toque for being DUMBAZZES.

:D

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I too could go on a rant over the lack of care anyone seems to have about your situation because there are 10 people lined up right behind you with their money in hand ready to buy something.
I was never really good at Wheel of Fortune, but lets see if I can figure out the dealer you are talking about. **** *****
*CHO CYCL*, hmmm, I'd like to buy an "E" Pat.
Last fall I took my dirt bike into a local dealer, ******* ***** to have a dual sport kit installed. (I couldn't wrap my head around the new high output stator so I figured I would leave it to the pro's). They told me 1 week to get it done (perfect, I would be able to get a few rides in before snow fall). 2 months later, they said that they couldn't figure it out and told me that I should just come and pick up the pieces of my bike and pay them for the time they had spent on it so far. I didn't know how to react to this, so I said "surely you have someone there qualified to figure this out", they (the owner) then said "besides, this bike still won't be street legal" and suggested that they couldn't finish the work for that reason. After explaining that it really wasn't their issue whether or not the bike would comply to traffic regulations I said, "just finish the job" to which the owner replied "all right, but you sure aren't going to like the bill we are going to give you". I stopped by from time to time to see how they were progressing and wasn't surprised to see the bike sitting most of the time with nobody working on it.
So about another 2 weeks later they called to say it was done, and then served me with about a $1500 labor bill. (on top of the $900 parts bill)
Regrettably I ended up paying it and vowed that I would never EVER give them another penny worth of business again.
With the economy as strong as it is, I know that doesn't hurt them right now but once things slow down and dealers look to their loyal customers to bring them business, I hope they recognize that we have many options and we will remember who treated us fairly.
Wow, that wasn't intended to be a rant, but it sure turned out to be one.
Apparantly I needed to get that off my chest.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Tekim......... Sorry To Hear Man... I Would Call And Talk Directly To The Dealer Principle(business Owner).... Maybe He Doesn't Realize What His Staff Is Dooing, Or In Fact He Doesn't Care????????? Just My 2 Cents As A Business Owner.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, for those of you who are reading this post since it has been "moderated", you can see that the dealer name has been removed, and not by me. I think that that is crap as well. We don't leave names out when we praise, and we shouldn't have to leave names out when we criticize. There was nothing slanderous in my post (other than my opinion on some peoples reasons for working), and everything in there was all FACT.

ie: "I went to **** this weekend to buy **** and dealt with **** who is **** for them. Let me tell you that I was overly ******* with the ***** that I recieved at ******. First when I talked to them, they ****** and *******, and went out of their way to *****. I was **** and will be ***** in the future."

That sounds absoutely retarded. Does nobody any good. I understand that Ron may be wary of repercussions to his site, but he had absolutely nothing to do with this. I am simply sharing my experiences with whoever will listen.

I did phone back to talk to **** the owner of **** *****. Receptionist: "**** is busy with a customer, but I can put you through to his voicemail if you would like."

I left a message saying that I would like him to phone me back to discuss a problem I was having when I had ordered some parts three weeks ago.

I am not expecting a call back.

Now if you will all excuse my, I just bought the AC/DC DVD, and have it cranked, and trying not to spill my stiffy Monster & Vodka.

tekim :mad:

F

FAB1

Well, for those of you who are reading this post since it has been "moderated", you can see that the dealer name has been removed, and not by me. I think that that is crap as well. We don't leave names out when we praise, and we shouldn't have to leave names out when we criticize. There was nothing slanderous in my post (other than my opinion on some peoples reasons for working), and everything in there was all FACT.

WELL SAID!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place.... I Struggle With That Too.... Doo You, Or Don't You.....hmmmm. I Never Edited Yours, But I Feel For Ya Tekim. I'd Be Pissed, And I Think You Are Takin' It Better Than I Would've...... Well I'd Snap. Have Another "stiffy" For Me, Buddy. Might Make Ya Feel A Little Better.:(

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What parts did you order?, if in stock in Minn. your parts should arrive in 3 working days. Most of my parts arrive in 2. Next year we will be going to Nytos and my biggest fear is leaving my dealer they are Bar None the Best. Good dealers are hard to find. 99.9 percent of the time service is indicitive of the owners or managements attitude.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tekim,I know what your up against,I ride the same brand and deal......dealt with the same dealership in question.I had issues as well and like stated in the above posts...............THEY DONT CARE CAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TOO!
I found Rory and have not looked back!Ever seen a fat guy do backflips!Best thing to do is move on and that is the only weapon we have(word gets around)I did not moderate your thread but whoever did is just trying to keep everyone happy which is a tough job but I garauntee this will get back to the dealership through word of mouth.There is 1960 sledders(members) that will send the message one way or another.Percentage of sledders per cap. is very small.Not a good industry to get a bad rep!Good luck with your parts!
catmando!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow some ANGER here. Anyway Tekim the guy YOU need to phone their is Dave Boire trust me tell him whats going on, and he'll see to it that its fixed. If you want some more info about this PM me. I raced with Dave for quite a few years and he is a good guy.Hope it helps

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully you contact the owner and discuss these issues and get looked after properly. This thread was just brought to my attention as I can't look at even 1/2 of them anymore thats why we have moderators. Yes seing the stars *** is kinda crappy to. For some reason when there is a companys name noted on a website it only takes time before someone is calling me to demand the posts be removed. I had this happen more than once allready. But mabie sometimes the other end should come on here and back themselves up or appoligize, but that never seems to happen. Once things happen, good or bad, let us know on here.
Rory at Motorsport addiction is a great guy and will look after you as it was mentioned on here by Catmando you should go see him instead.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good thread....we have the same problem around Grande Prairie also with our local dealer's when it comes to parts, service and just customer appreciation..... I think these guy's just donot get it..... when nobody call's or walk's through the door that day...who is going to pay his pay check???

Just my two cents....

:argue:

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA

Reaction score
Website
www.rideriverside.com
Dealers in general are too busy right now, it will be nice in some ways to see the economy slow down a bit because then maybe the customer can be in the drivers seat again.
Dealers are NOT too busy right now. The customer should be in the driver`s seat. In fact with this economy the dealer should be welcoming you into the store!

Top Bottom