Newer truck

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as everything with cost ? You have to buy right .
Bought my Denali with 25000 kms and drove it for two years till 89000 kms .
Cost me a fuel pump at 87000 ish and that’s it .
Paid $51000 private deal and he owed $59000.00 lol. He bought wrong . Haha
Sold $42000
For my self that is cheap driving . Work truck .

You got good for your truck at $42k. I bought my loaded 2015 SLT 6.2l w/ 22,000km for ~$47k and sold at 70,000km at for ~$37k. I didn't think $10k for ~50,000km was that great, but I put $0 into it. I fully expect to put the same miles on my diesel and only drop $3-5k, diesels are in crazy demand, not even gonna mess around with a local sale straight to a dealership stateside. Just plan on being under 150,000 km's and own a Duramax, some exporters don't wanna touch a Dodge...
I agree with you buying at the right price is absolutely critical, too many people overpay and try to sell way to high... And as others mentioned 6.2l hold their value more than 5.3l, but they are a $3k premium plus you need a loaded version so new off the lot you are likely in the $60k's?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me a newer one would be a driving around truck, back and forth to work, trips down south here and my diesel would sit. If I get rid of my diesel,.. it would be a toss up if I get another one or the gas because I haul 2 sleds in the winter, and in the summer I haul my 2 quads and pull my travel trailer. I don't put many km on in a year maybe 15,000, so I'm really leaning towards a gas 2500 and just selling my '06.
Why do you want a 2500 for a driving around truck? Cheaper to get into a better riding, better fuel mileage 1500 if it's just a glorified car and you're keeping the diesel for doing truck stuff.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you want a 2500 for a driving around truck? Cheaper to get into a better riding, better fuel mileage 1500 if it's just a glorified car and you're keeping the diesel for doing truck stuff.

Well I might be inheriting my daughters POS 2002 f150 now because she wants a new vehicle and I told her I would help her out and buy it. If that's the case it will be a newer 25/3500 diesel if the price is right and I will sell my 2006. Dang kids putting changing my plans.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I might be inheriting my daughters POS 2002 f150 now because she wants a new vehicle and I told her I would help her out and buy it. If that's the case it will be a newer 25/3500 diesel if the price is right and I will sell my 2006. Dang kids putting changing my plans.

Inheriting and buying? Lol which is it
Give her the $3000 and put it up for sale yourself and keep looking for a new truck. Keep the thread going

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inheriting and buying? Lol which is it
Give her the $3000 and put it up for sale yourself and keep looking for a new truck. Keep the thread going

Being dad, I'm gonna give her 3500, because it has a new command start and brakes all the way around lol,.. I think I paid for everything anyways, the engine was even replaced 50k ago, all fluids haha,..

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well,.. my youngest daughter wants a vehicle now,.. so I am gonna buy a smaller suv and drive it for a bit until she gets it. There was a topic around talking about some tax to get them to discount off the price of a new vehicle,.. can anyone remember that tax,.. something to do with a dealer incentive maybe?

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen student discounts at dealerships before. You might be able to get some pretty good deals right now with inventory just sitting there.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen student discounts at dealerships before. You might be able to get some pretty good deals right now with inventory just sitting there.

Will check it out, but I dont think they'll believe I'm a student.

Top Bottom