New Truck

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all they did this year was add the crew cab to the line up. they still offer the quad cab and the mega cab, and now a nice in between size comparable to the gm crew cab.

on a side note, i got the chance to drive a 2010 crew cab laramie 3500 srw with the 6.7 for a bit and i had a tough time giving it back. that truck was sweet, only problem being sticker price was 72 000 +/- before the rebates:eek:

Ya. The new fully loaded lamarie is still 15k cheaper then a fully loaded superduty or duramax. A lot of people are complaining about the new dodge not having the same power and payload as the new chev and ford. With the 15k saving you can buy a lot of stuff and my 08 ram has never backed down to any load I've put behind it.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well to give u guys an update, i priced out an 2010 Mega Cab Diesel, Laramie pkg. The price was a little bit over $71,000 This truck was a factory ordered truck which the financing fell through for the other guy. So i guess his loss is my gain. And this truck has everything, i think the only thing missing is the sunroof. I got a really good price on this truck, pick it up tomorrow and will post pics when i get it.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Your gonna want a dpf delete (flow pro) and a good tuner (H&S black maxx or mini maxx) to turn off the dpf and egr which will give you extra power fuel milage and a meaner sounding diesel. With h&s software you can also get transmission tuning which will increase the longevity of your stock tranny. You just got yourself a pretty bad zzz truck.

The sticker on mine when I bought it was 70500 full load lamirie with sunroof DVD nav ect and I was able to knock them down to 55600 plus all the jibber jabber.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cummins is epic! Diesel is awesome in every weather except below minus 20 then it sucks lol but i definitely agree with the last post, chip it and dump that exhaust, straight pipe it or something but that exhaust system they put on it so it meets 2010 standards is terrible. just make sure that you dont void your warranty!

i drive an 05 2500 Laramie and i love it! (obviously not stock lol) they can go stupid fast and nothing makes you happier when you blow a little rice rocket out of the water (in a cloud of epic black smoke no less) haha

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if its paid for why get rid of it. Why two trucks. Saving the money on truck payments is buying a new sled every 2 years with cash, plus thats another 6-800 a month on trips and what have you. the days of the diesel deals are over. unless you need it for a work truck like hauling trailers or you have a big trailer yourself its not reallly needed. 5 years ago when it was 20cents cheaper at the pump it could be justified some what. but really today the pay off isn't there.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well had my truck for over a week now, gotta say i love the power of the cummins engine, and surprisingly the fuel mileage aint half bad, for a new truck.

Attachments

• new truck 001.jpg
    new truck 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 77
  • new truck 002.jpg
    new truck 002.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 81

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
the dodge is such ch!t they should not be able to sell them they should give them away for free.......couldnt get dumb enough to bye one. people bye them cause they cant afford a real ford.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow buddy u sure do talk alot of smack for someone who is new here...hmmm ford a real truck hey, yeah alright man, u keep living in your dream world there buddy..lol

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
maybe one day when you sell that artic cat and learn to ride a XP you may decide that a ford is a real mans sledding truck

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dude, ive ridden an xp, dont really care for them. I like my cat, it goes everywhere i want it to go. as for a real mans sledding truck, dont me me laugh. But i guess i dont know anything about being a man, cause apparently to be a real man u gotta drive a ford and sit behind a computer talking sh*t about other peoples toys. lol

RMKRookie

Reaction score
nice truck steven2120, I just got a 2011 deep water blue and grey Laramie, no rear dvd nor sunroof, but all other options, for under 60 will all in and delivered. Mileage so far is WAY better than the new style GMC 6 litre - almost twice as good

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
if ya knew who this is you would know....i live in the same town as you known ya forever....maybe one day we will have to hit the mountains together and well see were the cats cant follow..lol

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dodge is such ch!t they should not be able to sell them they should give them away for free.......couldnt get dumb enough to bye one. people bye them cause they cant afford a real ford.
Considering all the issues that Ford has had with the various versions of the Powerjoke and how bullet-proof the Cummins has been, it would seem the "dumb" ones are still defending the blue oval.:rolleyes:

"maybe one day when you sell that artic cat and learn to ride a XP you may decide that a ford is a real mans sledding truck"

Why would he want to fight with an XP's terrible handling when he"s already riding one of the easiest to ride chassis' out there. rotaxsummit, you really need to seek help ASAP. With many hours of therapy, you can be cured.

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
well their mr. high velocity i would like to see your machine tough my XP i wish ya luck...i think its you that will have to seek some help....

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rotaxsummit, try to remember that it was you who came on here knocking other people's rides. If you wish to ride a sled that takes way more effort to ride than Cat or Polaris and you wish to drive a Ford diesel rather than a Dodge even though it's a fact that the Powerstrokes are far less reliable than the Cummins, well, that is your choice. Not a wise choice at all, but still your's to make.

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
high velocity......maybe one day you will grow some ballls and ride and drive toys with some power. not them rough riding, lacking hp cats and dodges.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
high velocity......maybe one day you will grow some ballls and ride and drive toys with some power. not them rough riding, lacking hp cats and dodges.

You know, every reply you post is making you sound more and more like a twelve year old kid who's talking about his daddy's truck and sled. You really don't have a clue do you ? If you choose to believe the powerJOKE is better than a Cummins or that a scud is better than a Cat, that's your choice, but you really should try opening your wee, little mind and checking out other rides.

I don't even own a Cat, but have rode the M's many times and I've also rode XP's. I can say without a doubt the M is far superior to the XP for the riding we do. Riding in the trees calls for a nimble sled and the XP doesn't cut it.

As far as trucks, I currently drive an '07 Ram 3500 Q/C LB 4X4, 6.7 Cummins/ 6 spd auto with 5" TB exhaust, S&B CAI, and Mini-Maxx tuner. In 180,000 km, it's never had a hiccup and it averages 16 l/100km running in the bush in 4wd compared to a co-worker's '08 F-350 6.4L which averages 24 l/100 km working in the same conditions. There's no question which truck I want to run when I'm doing 300 km in the bush every day. Another friend is getting rid of his '08 F-350 CC Dually 4X4 6.4L because it's a fuel sucking pig. With a 2-place trailer behind it, the fuel consumption averages between 24 ans 28 l/100 km. The jury is still out on the Ford 6.7 PS because it's too new yet, but you couldn't give me one of it's predecessor's.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well had my truck for over a week now, gotta say i love the power of the cummins engine, and surprisingly the fuel mileage aint half bad, for a new truck.

You truck looks great.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to the guys who arnt on here bad mouthing the stuff you drive...thank you, i do love my truck...and for those of you, who feel they need to come on here and badmouth what you drive and what u run for a sled....get a life...everyone has there brands, and for the most part what u see on here, we all know we are just joking with each other...basically its a big family we have here...quit acting like a twelve year old rotaxsummit...man up and lets see some pics....

Top Bottom