New Truck

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So im looking at buying a new truck later this year, either a 2011 Dodge 2500 Diesel or a 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel. Currently i own a 07 Powerwagon which is payed off, so im just wondering if i should trade it in or keep it? If i trade it in im looking at maybe 24000 tops for it. What would you guys do? Do i take the $850 a month payments or take the $600 months payment, just throwing numbers out there. Would like to keep it, cause than at least its my daily driver and my work truck, than my Diesel is my Towing truck and road trips with the sled and what not.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if you can swing the payments and all the other costs that are situated with 2 trucks. otherwise just make the new diesel as your daily driver!

trading in you usually loose but if i remember correctly you only pay the tax on the balance which is nice.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my Power Wagon and went with the Dodge 3500 SRW with the 6.7

Best thing I ever did....

No issues as a daily driver

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well once I sell my quad I have and pay this one bill off, I don't think I would have any issue of being able to afford both trucks...arff i have no issues of it being my daily driver, just where it's gotta go, don't really wanna take a bran new truck to the coal mine...lol...

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well looks like i will be taking the plunge. Will be pricing out a new 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel in a couple weeks. Looking at either the SLT or Laramie PKG either Crew Cab or Mega Cab.

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you sell your power wagon sell it privately. The dealerships make most of their money on used. use CBB to price it and you can negotiate a better deal with the dealership on a cash down basis
I personally am buying used from now on
just my two cents

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will definitely keep u informed, they guy im buying the truck from ive known for prob 20 years, and im going back to the same dealership that ive purchased my last two trucks from, and ive always gotten good service.

Ive already used CBB spuds, and the most im looking at getting is 24000 and the least i will get is 20500, so i guess ill have to see what they say. This will hopefully be my last truck for awhile, so i may as well go new and order the truck i want with the color and options i want, hopefully anyway..lol

Alfred

Reaction score
The Dodge 6.7 Diesel is a great diesel, I know I have one. It is a 2010 3500 Laramie. BUT I have to be honest, I would NOT purchase one. The fuel economy on the 2010 Dodge 3500 6.7 Diesel is absolutely terrible. I am going broke driving my truck. Just my honest 2 cents!!:rant::mad:

Kruchy

Reaction score
I know Ford isn't mentioned but I just bought one and the truck is awesome. The mileage empty is 21 mpg. I only have 2000 km on it. My two cents.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Dodge 6.7 Diesel is a great diesel, I know I have one. It is a 2010 3500 Laramie. BUT I have to be honest, I would NOT purchase one. The fuel economy on the 2010 Dodge 3500 6.7 Diesel is absolutely terrible. I am going broke driving my truck. Just my honest 2 cents!!:rant::mad:

Im not to concerned about the fuel mileage, as anything would be better than the mileage im currently getting now, once i put my 26 foot travel trailer on her, man talk about getting worse...lol

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Ford isn't mentioned but I just bought one and the truck is awesome. The mileage empty is 21 mpg. I only have 2000 km on it. My two cents.

Well i will admit the fords do look nice, ive just never been a ford person..

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new mega cab with a leveling kit is so nice. handels way different then my 07 mega cab. my rents jsut picked one up. thing is really great for a stock truck. you wont go wrong with either. and they look SICK with a lil lift on them too!!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the laramie.. better resale, easier to keep clean among other things. I got an SLT and regretted not getting the laramie. I ended up putting leather in my truck from a 2005.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new mega cab with a leveling kit is so nice. handels way different then my 07 mega cab. my rents jsut picked one up. thing is really great for a stock truck. you wont go wrong with either. and they look SICK with a lil lift on them too!!

I was just looking at dome pics of the mega cabs with leveling kits, they look pretty nice, prob a good idea to, seein how i would like to add bigger tires

Get the laramie.. better resale, easier to keep clean among other things. I got an SLT and regretted not getting the laramie. I ended up putting leather in my truck from a 2005.

I was thinking the Laramie as well, if im gonna get a truck thats gonna be with me for awhile i might as well get what i want...how does the leather hold up for fading? hate to have it look like sh*t in a few years

maxpower

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Dodge cabs got any bigger in the 2010 redesign? I have a 04 Ram with the quad cab and I see on the dodge website they have the crew cab is this just the old quad cab with a new name?

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at dome pics of the mega cabs with leveling kits, they look pretty nice, prob a good idea to, seein how i would like to add bigger tires

I was thinking the Laramie as well, if im gonna get a truck thats gonna be with me for awhile i might as well get what i want...how does the leather hold up for fading? hate to have it look like sh*t in a few years

I have the 2005 leather which is black and i dunno it looks pretty good still the drivers seat has a few little wrinkle marks but i try to use leather care products and so far theres no issue. I also have fairly dark tint and that seems to keep some of the sun off of it.

I also have a 2006 Hemi with the newer style seats which are a medium grey.. they seem to have faded a bit but nothing crazy, they are holding up very well. I think leather has issues when it dries out or the owner doesnt properly clean/condition them.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if the Dodge cabs got any bigger in the 2010 redesign? I have a 04 Ram with the quad cab and I see on the dodge website they have the crew cab is this just the old quad cab with a new name?

The new crew cab is a true crew cab now. They also have the megacab again which is nice but no 8' box available factory.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

all they did this year was add the crew cab to the line up. they still offer the quad cab and the mega cab, and now a nice in between size comparable to the gm crew cab.

on a side note, i got the chance to drive a 2010 crew cab laramie 3500 srw with the 6.7 for a bit and i had a tough time giving it back. that truck was sweet, only problem being sticker price was 72 000 +/- before the rebates:eek:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your right. The Laramie seats are easy to clean and comfortable.

Top Bottom