New to Racing

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Hey I have been riding my YZ250F for several years and want to get into racing. I'm not a pro I just want to race for fun. I live in Alberta and can't seem to find any info on clubs to join other than the CMRC and I don't think they have a class for my age or skill. I'm 24. Anyone have any suggestions for me for the 2011 season?

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Alberta Oldtimers is a good time. Really laid back.

The PMA is another circuit in alberta. It is a good time too. Most of the races are in G.P. , Dawson Creek, Peace River,

The CMRC is a good time. The ALberta Provincial series is quite well organized.

Just remember to have fun progress naturally.

Good Luck:wtg:

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info but i need a current member to sponsor me still for alberta oldtimers and dont know any. Does anyone know if any other tracks have weekly motos that are worth points other than extreme raceways?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have been riding my YZ250F for several years and want to get into racing. I'm not a pro I just want to race for fun. I live in Alberta and can't seem to find any info on clubs to join other than the CMRC and I don't think they have a class for my age or skill. I'm 24. Anyone have any suggestions for me for the 2011 season?

Your age or skill does not matter, there is a class for anyone that wants to participate. If you go on the Alberta Dirt Riders Association website there is lots of information and track locations. Talk to the local bike dealers they may be able to help you in locating a track have fun :d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also check out Rocky Motorcycle Club. I am thinking about signing up for my first race with them this year. Harescramble though, but i'm pretty sure they do MX track too. :) Looks like there's races for everyone, all ages, all skill levels.

Reaction score
If you want to try something different than MX racing, how about single track haresramble racing? Check out the Second Gear Club

They are mostly a Calgary based group and have a great web site with pics and vids of their events. They have a haresramble event in Edson in July and their premier event a endurocross called Corner Grass, June 25-26, 2011. This event receives national media coverage and is well done.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know if theres anything like this in saskatchewan im looking for the same thing wanna find some races this year

Top Bottom