New thread-dirtymax 2500hd towing 16.5K toy hauler

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the painted grill/ bumpers the 16's have vs 15. Makes me want to paint mine.
I would get yourself some nice triggers kick back flaps 13" wide. So you don't destroy the front of your trailers and get the wheel well plastic liners box lined. They hold slush, salt, mud like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On it soon lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Towed today out to braz. With my one ton dodge I was always watching speedo on the hills and fuel etc etc. Wasn't a really tough work out but I was always aware of the trailer. Today I kept forgetting it was there. Towed awesome. Starting to love this truck.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471744542.053958.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still think the New dodges have a nicer interior setup from the front seats forward. Back seats are better in the chef because they give you all the room on the floor. Dodge has way better storage and stereo/dash set up with the 8.4 screen.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been through this same scenario a while back now. First thing is go look at the tesla toy hauler. Best one out there.

Tesla trailers are really nice and so is most of the Evergreen lineup. But just a heads up for anyone looking at any Evergreen RV models know that they went out of business in June.

Warranty claims and future parts will probably be an issue. Too bad, they made some awesome trailers and the company seemed to be doing well.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new duramax is supposedly coming out this fall.... Should be interesting!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Got the first tow on mine this weekend. Hard to keep the truck at 110 with out cruise. But got a little better than 15L most times. Love it. Exhaust and tranny grade braking are great

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The engine brake is better in the dodge but still decent in the chev.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
You'll like it. Would be nice to delete it. But will wait. I go away for two weeks All pulling my trailer so it will be so nice. I filled the pig piss tank tonight. Took 10 L. Guess they don't fill it on PDI ??

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't delete until after warranty or I start having major issues with it. Did my last one and it cost me. Learnt my lesson with that one. I used to work with the new emissions all the time but don't anymore with my current job. I had my salesman fill the diesel tank and the def. He charged out a case of two, filled the tank and gave me the rest. So I have 15L of the stuff in the garage. I wish they had a def gauge on the chev. Dodge has one. Not sure about the Ford. Every other vehicle I have worked on has a def gauge. I don't know why they wouldn't put one in??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will go 10-12000 km's on a full tank of def and a warning that you only have 1600 Kms left when it gets low.
I wouldn't waste money on delete until you start having trouble .
I went till 131000 Kms without one problem . DEF pump went so deleted then.
$1500 for pump or 2100 for EFI live delete .
Oil stays clean now but no better fuel economy and stinks.

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
160,000km is the factory warranty on engine and drivetrain. Most of the emissions stuff is covered in that too or has facrtory extended warranty.

I hit about 200,000km before I started having issues with the DEF tank heater circuit, I didn't have the time to drop it off at the shop, So I deleted and put a test pipe onto it.

People who say oh you get way better fuel mileage are full of sh1t. I get maybe another 30-50km to a tank with a mix of driving. When you factor the cost of the deletes, you're not saving anything and now it stinks like diesel.

I do like the slight increase in power with the tow tune however.

The DEF fluid, if you fill that tank full, you'll forget it even there till a couple months later and you need to fill it with $30 bucks of DEF. The Flying Js have DEF at the pumps for the big rigs.

One thing you need to watch with the new diesels is idling them too much. Firstly, they don't need to idle, with the EGR cooler, etc, they heat up quick. Secondly, when its idling, the EGR is open and your taking in exhaust gases which drop soot into the EGR valve etc and clog it up causing it to malfunction.

Another thing these new diesels don't like it short trips, they aren't designed for that. The DPF can plug up as it never has time to clean it. The emissions systems are good, but they need to make them more reliable.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I won't delete until after warranty or I start having major issues with it. Did my last one and it cost me. Learnt my lesson with that one. I used to work with the new emissions all the time but don't anymore with my current job. I had my salesman fill the diesel tank and the def. He charged out a case of two, filled the tank and gave me the rest. So I have 15L of the stuff in the garage. I wish they had a def gauge on the chev. Dodge has one. Not sure about the Ford. Every other vehicle I have worked on has a def gauge. I don't know why they wouldn't put one in??

Yes. Gauge would be nice.

Does yours have auto fold it mirrors and auto down windows from the key fob?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll like it. Would be nice to delete it. But will wait. I go away for two weeks All pulling my trailer so it will be so nice. I filled the pig piss tank tonight. Took 10 L. Guess they don't fill it on PDI ??
Nope not filled on pdi, but sales guy should have done it before pick up

Def fluid has a stale date of 6 -12 months

So that's why it's not filled up at p.d.i if it's not sold right away

Last edited:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your display will tell you when def is low- you scroll through it. Says ok till your at 30% (6L of def left approx)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom