New thread-dirtymax 2500hd towing 16.5K toy hauler

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I filled my truck tonight. First time since I bought it 1.5 weeks ago.

Took 107 L or some thing. DTE says 900 km. And that's driving to work and back except for last Saturday I went on the hi way.

So if I was doing all hi way driving. I would expect over 1000 -1100 km on a tank pretty happy with that for having ~ 800 km on it. Gonna pull the trailer out this weekend and see what I get for millage

That's good to know. Kinda figured anyways. I could get a max of 800 kms on the highway with my truck unloaded. Loaded up it will drop down to 300. City I'm getting about 600 km or so. The diesel should help with that. And have more power. Can't wait to see the actual truck. Took a pic of the front end of what this one should look like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471478455.184431.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My black one sold but guy said he has the matching truck in white. I'm ok with white as well

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still have two blacks vehicles. Jeep and escalade. Had a black enclosed trailer and have owned a bunch of other blacks lol. They are a bitch to keep clean I agree.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the long boxes. Always have. Has for the 3m kinda stuff the truck already has something on there in the bumpers and some around back wheel wells etc.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the long boxes. Always have. Has for the 3m kinda stuff the truck already has something on there in the bumpers and some around back wheel wells etc.

With the painted front bumper you will likely want it on there or it will rust.. my 2c. Looks like 3m has really upped there game. Think rock chip,then winter salt.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a protective coating on there already. No need to add more.

Well I did a test tow tonight. I didn't want any surprises tomorrow when I go riding. Tows my enclosed great. Weight is around 6-6500lbs. Pretty easy. Handles better then my dodge did and the power/fuel economy is obviously better. Happy with my purchase so far.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the painted grill/ bumpers the 16's have vs 15. Makes me want to paint mine.
I would get yourself some nice triggers kick back flaps 13" wide. So you don't destroy the front of your trailers and get the wheel well plastic liners box lined. They hold slush, salt, mud like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice rig! 1 ton is waaaay better imp too.
You have to watch as mentioned your pin weights will max out your payload fast also I believe you have to factor in fuel as part of your payload from certain manufactures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom