New thread-dirtymax 2500hd towing 16.5K toy hauler

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after driving about 6 hours today with the wife we decided to compromise. She didn't like the trailer so the latest plan is to go ahead and buy the best truck we can afford and then get a trailer that we both like. She didn't like the layout of that trailer so the search will continue. But thinking I will go with a chev this time as long as they can do the right truck and deal for me.

Been through this same scenario a while back now. First thing is go look at the tesla toy hauler. Best one out there. We had a 2011 2500HD duramax that we towed with, and its not enough truck, trust me. I am not a Ram guy, but I bought a 3500 SRW SB and let me tell you, this truck tows and stops 10 times better. My advise is you need to try the trucks towing before you buy. The decision will be easy.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. We actually looked at a tesla today. Very nice but this one was out of our budget. Looked at a bunch of toy haulers today and even over the weekend while in bc. I'm going in now to see what we can do with the truck and have a final look at the one trailer to make sure we want to rule it out. If I can get the one ton I want I'll have to decide if I want to settle for the 3/4 ton and buy the trailer according to the truck. We found lots of trailers we can easily tow with the 2500 that we liked. I wish I could just go get the dually and then buy whatever trailer but I can drive a dually everyday. Most days yes, but not all

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my dually. I drive it pretty much everywhere. I find myself parking farther away but not a big deal. Do I need a dually no but when I haul or tow something it's nice to have. I put my 900 ranger in the box and it rides nice with it in there lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much made the deal today. Just working on the final details over the next bit. They have to bring the truck in as well. Sounds pretty nice. After spending a bunch of time looking at trailers as well we looked back at this one and decided it will work for us. So I am buying a one ton. It would be nice to have the dually but the wife refuses the dually and she has to drive the truck as well sometimes. So hopefully everything works out. I wish my motorhome and camper were sold already as it would make things easier.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't a done deal yet. The one we are working on is a loaded LTZ 3500 crew cab long box with the duramax. All black but not sure about the grill yet. I love the blacked out grill on them but thinking this might have the chrome grill. The 3/4t I have money down on was all black including the rims and had duratracs on it from the factory. The one ton probably has chrome rims and highway tires

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to grab a pic of the window decal. Look up 2500hd chev midnight edition z71. You will see the trucks how they come from the factory. Black rims and duratracs.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471450551.697903.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a factory truck. If I could have hauled with the 2500 I would have bought it. When you go to the 3500 is goes to bigger rims and back to chrome with highway tires.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there ya go

Never seen one where I work like that

Must be a limited edition kind of thing

We have lots of blacked out 1/2 tons and ultimates, none have dura Tracks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Believe me I asked. I want some aggressive tires on my new truck. Can't get them on the one ton unless you have them put on.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same width as dodge. This one has power folding mirrors so easy to get in and out

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well I filled my truck tonight. First time since I bought it 1.5 weeks ago.

Took 107 L or some thing. DTE says 900 km. And that's driving to work and back except for last Saturday I went on the hi way.

So if I was doing all hi way driving. I would expect over 1000 -1100 km on a tank pretty happy with that for having ~ 800 km on it. Gonna pull the trailer out this weekend and see what I get for millage

Last edited:
Top Bottom