Nav-gas at Springbank Airport

chaser

Reaction score
AV-gas at Springbank Airport

I Drove around the Springbank airport looking for Av-gas. The only pumps I could find where at the Springbank operations center, but I couldn't find anyone around that could pump fuel.
Can someone give directions on where to go at The Springbank airport to purchase av-gas.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nav-gas?

Are you referring to aviation grade fuels, specifically 100LL (low lead)?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Call Steve Eisenberg at Davenport machine. He's the local VP racing fuel supplier and owns a Mohawk station at the airport. Sure he can help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that Mohawk went, in possibly abrupt and rude language, tits up.

I'm sure someone there is still selling the VP though. I think you can get cheaper deals elsewhere though.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i called the springbank airport and they canot sell av gas to you unless you own a plane.

is there any other suppliers in alberta?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may not be Springbank Airport but G & L Bulk fuels in Olds (Shell Bulk Station) sells Avgas.

Avgas can be tricky to buy. A couple of years ago I called the Shell Aviat at the Calgary Airport and was told that they wouldn't sell me Avgas unless I had propellers!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but maybe S&M members can throw together a list of av-gas dealers, and also race fuel dealers as a sticky. That way this question doesn't come up so often. It'd make it really convenient IMO.

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
brandon fuels in edmonton sells 100LL by the 208l drum for about 1.45L
the first time you need to by the drum for 60.0 after that they refill it
Mark the owner sells lots of avgas to sledders but phone first and find out when is good to come pickup the fuel as they are extremely busy and are only open weekdays in the warehouse

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Springbrook (not Springbank) Airport (or Red Deer Industrial Airport....or Penhold Airport, whatever they call it now) will fill approved fuel cans with LL100. I go to Skywings Aviation...talk to the gal inside and she'll set you up.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best deal i have been able to find is C12 from VP fuels. You mix 50 / 50 with premium to end up with a 100 octane. $600 for a 204 litre barrel works out to 2$ a litre for the mixed fuel.

edit - I spoke with brandon petroleum in edmonton. They have a location incalgary that normally does not stock nav gas. If you ordered from them in edmonton and could wait a week or two, they would get it to their calgary location.

their phone number is 780 413 1826

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i called the springbank airport and they canot sell av gas to you unless you own a plane.

is there any other suppliers in alberta?

i can get it from springbank any day of the week. i got lots there this year. but my dad is a pilot and part of there club:confused:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Can't help you with Av-gas but if you want to get some VP in Calgary the canadian distributor's name is Jordan and his number is 403-275-1958

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with Av-gas but if you want to get some VP in Calgary the canadian distributor's name is Jordan and his number is 403-275-1958

You can also buy it at Walt Healy and Unlimited Performance.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also buy it at Walt Healy and Unlimited Performance.

can't vouch for the rest but modman has gas, generally bad gas:d

just don't use jet fuel, not good stuff in gas motors.

Flange99

Reaction score
Call Executive Flight Centre Air at Calgary Int'l Airport (403-291-2825). They've been selling to me for a few years now. I rigged up a short hose for filling small barrels and jerry cans. It should be in the plastic bin by the bulk tanks.

charty

Reaction score
i called esso at springbank airport they said they would sell it i was there 2 hours later and they would not sell. :mad:

TAV

Reaction score
Website
www.primels.ca
i got about 300L to get rid of. cant ride the rest of the season and dont want it sitting over summer. im selling it for $1.35/l. pm me if your interested.

Top Bottom