Nafta Talks

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm for it because my friends have invested millions of dollars into it. And I don't want to see them get screwed over.

Milk is cheap at the store, don't even notice the price of a gallon on my weekly expenses

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quota isn't going any where though. They have a very powerful lobby and there would be massive class action law suits or buy outs if they tried.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
40480012_933994183452667_3340320422582288384_n.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to say that after all the insults Trudeau has flung at Trump, and paying that terrorist 10 million dollars for murdering and wounding the Americans, talks are going to be rough. Maybe the globalist will get Trump impeached.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quota isn't going any where though. They have a very powerful lobby and there would be massive class action law suits or buy outs if they tried.
Trump isn't budgeing.

May as well rip the bandaid off.

Where did all the quota money go?
They can't pay it back to farmers?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trump isn't budgeing.

May as well rip the bandaid off.

Where did all the quota money go?
They can't pay it back to farmers?

Who knows, but yeah the government (tax payers) would have to pay it back.

But it's not going to happen though. The quota will stay.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows, but yeah the government (tax payers) would have to pay it back.

But it's not going to happen though. The quota will stay.
Government never paid anything back when the wheat board fell.

The reality is supply management has prevented us from being successful in several other trade negotiations. Ie TPP

This latest NAFTA round of negotiations will be the biggest test of this.

Cut off a toe to save your leg?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
However if anyone is gonna keep supply management it will be JT as his daddy instituted it.

And as we all know JT doesn't really care if anything is in the best interest of Canada.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government never paid anything back when the wheat board fell.

The reality is supply management has prevented us from being successful in several other trade negotiations. Ie TPP

This latest NAFTA round of negotiations will be the biggest test of this.

Cut off a toe to save your leg?

Farmers didn't pay millions of dollars to be part of the wheat board. That is the difference.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmers didn't pay millions of dollars to be part of the wheat board. That is the difference.
Actually they did.
A % of each bushell went to the board.
And that went away with the stroke of a pen.

Depend on the government for your living an you will get burnt eventually.

I find it amazing that the banks will lend these guys money against their quotas.

Almost riskier than deravative mortgages.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually they did.
A % of each bushell went to the board.
And that went away with the stroke of a pen.

Depend on the government for your living an you will get burnt eventually.

I find it amazing that the banks will lend these guys money against their quotas.

Almost riskier than deravative mortgages.

The wheat board controled who you could sell to. You had to sell to them. Farmers were happy to see them go. I know because my family farms crops.

Milk producers can sell to who they want, but if they want to produce more they have to pay the quota. They are happy with this. Only ones not happy it seems are people that are jealous of the money they are making. You can be a dairy farmer too. All you need is a stack of cash..

Just telling you how it is here, I'd be shocked if anything happens to the quota system any time soon. But keep wishing.

This was fun, but have to go now cheers

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wheat board controled who you could sell to. You had to sell to them. Farmers were happy to see them go. I know because my family farms crops.

Milk producers can sell to who they want, but if they want to produce more they have to pay the quota. They are happy with this. Only ones not happy it seems are people that are jealous of the money they are making. You can be a dairy farmer too. All you need is a stack of cash..

Just telling you how it is here, I'd be shocked if anything happens to the quota system any time soon. But keep wishing.

This was fun, but have to go now cheers
Haha no jealously here.
Just a fan of the free market system.

Could never be a dairy farmer. 24/7 = no life.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't it true he was an ASSISTANT drama teacher?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, the only person yapping away about the trade talks is Trump and, as usual, he says he is winning even when that is not true. Things may not be as bleak as it appears though. Trump likes to try and establish what he asserts as the truth when it is at best an exaggeration and complete BS at worst. Congress still has to approve any deal and that will not happen before November elections. Even if the Republicans maintain a majority, there are plenty in the party that could disagree and not pass the deal.

BTW - the bankruptcy meme is just that...a meme. There have been 8 "major" bankruptcies that were in the billions of dollars mostly in the 90's. Like any accomplished con man, he makes sure he sucks as much liquidity out of the company before screwing his lenders and investors. Over 500 successful companies? Trump University and Trump Steaks were failures and closed rather than going into receivership and you can bet there were many more. And the lawsuits!

His successes have been as a commercial property owner and then mostly if he is not anything more than the landlord. Many of those companies were set up for licensing the Trump name and that brand is certainly tarnished. Even Ivanka had to shut her companies down.

I will give him that he he is persistent but he likes to proclaim success even when it is obvious to anyone who really looks that is not actually the case. North Korea is a pretty good example. He has give Kim Jong a significant degree of legitimacy and received nothing in return. Still winning though.

He is kind of a train wreck. Train cars keep piling up long after the engine is in the ditch and stopped.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom