Nafta Talks

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
based on who's opinion. I personally think their stand on DRC clause is a HUGE issue and they should hold their ground on this. Easy for you to not care but in cross trade biz its hugely important. Can you imagine you have an issue with your neighbour on property lines and neither of you have any 3rd party authority to resolve the issue. Thats what this is about.

So are they

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trudeau never has hired a single person based on merit. This agreement is incredibly complex, and has lasting outcomes for Canada. If only we had one knowledgeable person at the table.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you really think its Trudeau and Freeland only doing the negotiations?? They have an entourage of individuals who are better qualified than those two including trade lawyers, trade advisors etc etc. I get you hate the man and I am ok with that (not a fan myself) but don't let your hate cloud your judgement on what needs to be done and selling us short because Trump says so is not in Canadians best interest.

Trudeau never has hired a single person based on merit. This agreement is incredibly complex, and has lasting outcomes for Canada. If only we had one knowledgeable person at the table.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is sound logic for most people but not in the x-it world of meme based arguments lol
you really think its Trudeau and Freeland only doing the negotiations?? They have an entourage of individuals who are better qualified than those two including trade lawyers, trade advisors etc etc. I get you hate the man and I am ok with that (not a fan myself) but don't let your hate cloud your judgement on what needs to be done and selling us short because Trump says so is not in Canadians best interest.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have thought the free trade agreement would be a top concern for people on snow and mud. Don't think for one moment this will not have an impact on the costs of goods, or ability to have a good paying job to buy those toys.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a huge issue and especially for me but to get all caught up in misguided or untruthful comments is not the way to make an educated comment. Whether you like it or not we have Trudeau and his people dealing with this and not jumping into an agreement because Trump put this so called deadline last Friday was and is the right decision.

I would have thought the free trade agreement would be a top concern for people on snow and mud. Don't think for one moment this will not have an impact on the costs of goods, or ability to have a good paying job to buy those toys.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't have to like Trudeau (and none of do) to see that this is a bizarre negotiation. Not too much else the Trudeau camp could do except what they have done: Stick to their guns. We managed before NAFTA and will manage if it should crater. I am hopeful that will not come to pass as it has been good for all three countries. I am looking forward to election time provincially and federally. I also hope the US wakes up and finds a leader who is stable and attempts doing the best for his country without blaming every group and other country for their problems. SPACEFORCE! As Bugs |Bunny would say "What a maroon!"

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada is ripping off the states plain and simple.Would you make a bad deal?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty brave statement without any back up. Explain what you mean please.
Let me give you a start on how things are on a couple items that come to mind:
1. They purchase heavy oil at a huge discount and use that in their refineries. I am not a conspiracy guy but do wonder how much of the environmental "consciousness" that is holding up these projects is funded and encouraged by US interests through Greenpeace and other "environmental" groups (in quotation because if you look closely at them, some seem like a televangelist's cash cow).
2. Softwood lumber has been a US complaint in that the various governments that own crown land apparently do not charge enough stumpage fees therefore the wood is being "dumped" in the US. They have lost this argument numerous times in the different trade dispute organizations but still persist in pulling out the imaginary bat and swinging it around.

Trump appears to approach international trade like a drunk guy who falsely accuses his buddy of sleeping with his girlfriend. Absolutely no proof apart from normal civility between two acquaintances.

I am sure that there are some minor details that could use a bit of sharpening but these are minor. Trump only has two observable modes: It is "Fantastic, the best, incredible" or "the worst, impossible, crooked etc." The reality is most of our lives is in between those two opposing positions.

As I understand it, there was a 6 billion dollar surplus on goods and that disappeared once services were taken into account so the back and forth trade was about as even as you can get.

What do things look like in Narnia. BTW, is that in Russia?

Canada is ripping off the states plain and simple.Would you make a bad deal?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the trump flag wavers, if they waited a couple days may not wave so high or so mighty. becoming a friggin joke!

i get you think he is doing nothing but good, maybe sit back and just look at what he has really done ... Nothing!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the trump flag wavers, if they waited a couple days may not wave so high or so mighty. Becoming a friggin joke!

I get you think he is doing nothing but good, maybe sit back and just look at what he has really done ... Nothing!

lowest unemployment ever, highest nyse ever, lowest black unemployment since 1963, lowest women unemployment since 1944.... I'd say he's doing a bang up job. If only he'd stay of twitter and his twitless comments.....

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small minds , form opinions based on hating the person in the chair. Then justify that by searching thru data until they find a supporting viewpoint , usually by someone with an agenda or similar hate, and then loudly and aggressively waving that flag around to validate their opinion.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you mean charts like this?? So, in my small mind who would I rather believe, Trump or facts. Hmmmmmmm

OT_JOBS.jpg OT_STOCKS.jpg OT-Wages-1.jpg OT_GDPUPDATE.jpg jobgains11months.jpg

Small minds , form opinions based on hating the person in the chair. Then justify that by searching thru data until they find a supporting viewpoint , usually by someone with an agenda or similar hate, and then loudly and aggressively waving that flag around to validate their opinion.

Top Bottom