My Bad luck, A Big Thank you, And Show Off Your Summit ZX

summitzx

Reaction score
I have bought myself a 2001 summit 800 156 last year. I had rode the 600 and the 700 and loved them, not to mention it was in the price range. Found it on kijiji and seemed to have potential, ugly but had potential. It was had twin pipes, extended track (151 to a 156), drop and rolled, cat clutch, light weight trailing arms, and the overall body was in good shape. It started up first pull and was nice and loud. Fell in love with it. Took it home, cleaned it up, changed its colours and added a few accessories. mostly cosmetic. Original colours where red and yellow stickers, accessories, and origanal parts randomly placed on a black body. It went from looking like a hotdog stand with a track, to what is is now. All before snow fall. As soon as the snow fell I was ready and as soon as I left the garage I was turning around just to put it back. Sure it sounded nice but it ran like a bag of.... (well I think you got the idea). I must had had SUCKER writen all over me. Ya o-kay it ran but it was a mess. This guy sold me his problem or garbage he no longer wanted to deal with. Nice first sled I own and can't even ride it let alone have the know how to fix it. Pleople like this really have some nerve. Knowing they are getting a fair price for something claiming to be in great running condition. Here is a shout out to all those ass holes. The world has enough, it has no need for one more. I also have to give alot of respect for all those selling something a being honest. letting you know everything they know that may be wrong big or small. you are good people that have probably worked hard for everything they have, have morals and dignity. For all you, thank you.

That was the bad now here is the good. After posting many Questions on this site as well as other sites, regarding my issues. I was looking for knowledge so I could have an idea on were to start and how to get it running. Price was a bit of a problem so I wanted to do most of it if I could. I do have to say everyone was so helpfull. So many people had suggestions and had offered parts for a fair price. Thanks to all of you. The biggest Thanks you goes Out to Dean from Mad Motorsports. I dropped off my mess, pushed it in his shop and hoped for the best. He dropped everything went through the whole thing front to back, top to bottom. Gave me a call and worked out a fair price. He not only fixed it, he took the time to show and explain why it was having the problems it was and what was done to fix it, and answered all my questions The day I picked it up it started first pull and the sound was night and day. It was responsive and felt like a whole new sled. He went above and beyond what I expacted to see when I picked it up. I was clean inside and out, the pipes where painted and everything was neatly placed. He did an amazing job. I would highly recommend him to anyone having problems with thier machine or need work done. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and honest. A wonderfull person to deal with. Thanks so much for all your help and work Dean.

That leaves me to my last reason for posting this thread. Now that I have found a new love for my summit ZX. I would love to see and hear what has been done to yours. Give me some ideas, let me know what worked well for you. Post some photos and brag up your ZX chassis. It is all ways fun to look at what others have done.

Thanks so much for reading.

Attachments

• Banff 029.jpg
    Banff 029.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 513
  • Banff 035.jpg
    Banff 035.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 508
  • Banff 041.jpg
    Banff 041.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 520

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome job...If it runs as it good as it looks you should have yourself a fun trouble free winter

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice lookin machine! good to hear about dean. the thing with some of these shops is they will bolt on the junk you buy from them. but its almost impossible to get them to dig into the sleds issues even if your willing to pay their rate. especially the complicated issues that arent so obvious. so its good there is someone out there who can make a sled work. he did the same thing for beachsled on here. took a frankenstein and made it completely rideable.

summitzx

Reaction score
nice lookin machine! good to hear about dean. the thing with some of these shops is they will bolt on the junk you buy from them. but its almost impossible to get them to dig into the sleds issues even if your willing to pay their rate. especially the complicated issues that arent so obvious. so its good there is someone out there who can make a sled work. he did the same thing for beachsled on here. took a frankenstein and made it completely rideable.

I can`t say enough good things about him. He was great help

bssummitx

Reaction score
Does he work on sleds other than skidoo. My brother has a polaris triple thats never run right?

sledhed17

Reaction score
2000 800 summit, 159" track, drop and roll, Rk tech head, split second porting and head work, dyno port single pipe, custom built tunnel, light weight hood, light weight seat, light weight trailing arms and a bunch of other small mods like bars, skis etc.

Attachments

• 2000 Summit.jpg
    2000 Summit.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 470

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Props to Deano, can't argue with another success story.

Well done buddy! :D

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does he work on sleds other than skidoo. My brother has a polaris triple thats never run right?

Yes he will work on any sled , but make sure if you are going to his shop you set aside some extra time, he is very easy to deal with but you WILL lose all track of time. ;)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does everbody take their chit to dean lol
same story as beachsleds pretty much was a nice lookin machine sounded wicked until it saw snow. took the pos to dean and he fixed her up real good.you didn't buy froma guy (a hole) 90 ave and 75 st in edmonton did ya.:eek:

summitzx

Reaction score
Yes he will work on any sled , but make sure if you are going to his shop you set aside some extra time, he is very easy to deal with but you WILL lose all track of time. ;)

Yes he is easy to talk to. Ha ha and loves his job.:)

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear a good story happy to here there was a happy ending, enjoy the ZX i loved mine

giddyup

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my zx, im planning on a all black hood, clutch kit, twin pipes, 440 rev seat (friday), and a big wheel kit.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the great review Brandy, it is a pleasure to deal with great customers. I really cant explain the passion i have for this business and the feeling it gives me to see people smile when they are happy with there product they receive from us. Jay well what can i say i think you just like the sound of my voice ha ha:d Im really excited about the near future for us at MAD MOTORSPORTS and look forward to all our new and returning customers projects.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the great review Brandy, it is a pleasure to deal with great customers. I really cant explain the passion i have for this business and the feeling it gives me to see people smile when they are happy with there product they receive from us. Jay well what can i say i think you just like the sound of my voice ha ha:d Im really excited about the near future for us at MAD MOTORSPORTS and look forward to all our new and returning customers projects.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

So when do you want to go head to head with you NA sled?

Top Bottom