Motorola CP 200

wakeandsnow

Reaction score
I've been doing to digging regarding 'quality' radios and I would like to know if anybody has experience with a professional series of radio. Kenwood, moto, what have you. I demo'ed some Motorola CP 200's from Westcan wireless recently in VHF format 5 watt 4 channel, and i was seriously impressed with the range compared to consumer radios. We used speaker mics as well, and what a difference in volume from the talkabout or whatever the consumer radio is. With the mic right on your shoulder you can hear a friend calling even while you ride, and quickly respond without taking gloves/helmet off. Very robust format as well. Seemed solid as a rock.

I'm pretty much sold on the VHF format, but I want some input from fellow riders who have or used them. They are quite expensive so i want to do some research first. We were also hoping these radios would have suffcient range to pick up the loggers on our way in and out of active areas. We were recommended UHF frequency radios because of the better penetrating power, but we wanted the versatility of VHF for the loggers.

I have a 530 Hcx rhino currently and it's range is sufficient, but being a gearhead, I always want better.

Anybody's 2 cents would help thanks.

Top Bottom