Meteor

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who saw the light show earlier?? I was on 156 and 111 when a flicker caught my eye to the east. I look toward and im blinded by a flash of white light followed by a streaming rocket speeding to the ground and breaking into glowing pieces. I drove on wondering what it was. Thought maybe a streetlight blew up and shorted too ground. At first i thought i just witnessed a plane crash but a guy called into the bear and saw the same. So im not crazy!!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
My wife seen it also from our kitchen window she didn't see it hit the ground it went behind the the neighbors house...she said to me " Look someone is setting off fireworks in the park.....why would they be setting off fireworks now?"....I thought maybe it was a b-day party:eek:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup.I was comming down 137 ave and seen it too,looked pretty cool.
catmando
Anyone hear where it landed?

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It landed right behind my Trackhoe east of Camrose!:eek: I was backfilling a pipeline tonight and suddenly the sky lit up really bright like lightning, I looked behind me just to see it burn out. Not sure if anything hit the ground but I'll look around tomorrow!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It landed right behind my Trackhoe east of Camrose!:eek: I was backfilling a pipeline tonight and suddenly the sky lit up really bright like lightning, I looked behind me just to see it burn out. Not sure if anything hit the ground but I'll look around tomorrow!

Good thing it was behind you,you would have needed Depends LOL!
catmando!

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
I saw it aswel, the sky was like it was lightning then it was like someone was shouting a fire work from the sky. On the radio i heard that around Loydminster felt some vibrations...not to sure!!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the light ran outside to see what it was and right above the house was a smoke trail. Talked to the neighbors for a couple seconds trying to figure out what it was. It literaly lit my back like daylight. we felt the groung move as well was pretty freey at the time. like to know what it was.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got back from my local safeway.... All the Reese's Piece's in the place are gone.....

I think our buddy has come to visit....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sledbunnyracing called me tonite and said he saw huge debris hit the ground not far from lloydminster, right beside the hiway...... He's travelling east to his hometown of melfort saskatchewan. Said it was "very" bright..... I saw the pics on the tv that the news helicopter took of debris flashing to the north of edmonton........... Must be a satellite breaking up???

Last edited:

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was drivin through Morinville thought it was photo radar it was that bright.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Sledbunnyracing called me tonite and said he saw huge debris hit the ground not far from lloydminster, right beside the hiway...... He's travelling east to his hometown of melfort saskatchewan. Said it was "very" bright..... I saw the pics on the tv that the news helicopter took of debris flashing to the north of edmonton........... Must be a satellite breaking up???

NORAD confirmed no satellite....Tell bunny to say hi to everyone for me

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It flew right over Lloyd so it couldn't have hit the ground in Edmonton or Camrose. Knocked the parrot right off his perch. You should see the surveillance footage from Agland. Lit up the whole area like a bright sunny day. Is there a place on here I can upload video? It's worth a look.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I uploaded some night vision footage from Lloyd. You need to watch it a few times to fully appreciate how awesome this was. Check the equipment...the shadows...the blue sky and the horizon. It's on S&M tube

[FLV]http://video.snowandmud.com/flvideo/220.flv[/FLV]

Last edited by a moderator:

VintageDOO

Reaction score
Go to Youtube- Edmonton Meteor, there is 3 different videos. I saw it briefly as I let the dog out. I swear it landed a mile away. What a joke after hearing it was spoted in Ft Mac, Saskatoon, Edmonton........Anyways, it was a once in a lifetime.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and a buddy were coming out of the bush between cynthia and lodgepole and we seen the bright flash from there. almost thought there was an explosion at a gas plant

Top Bottom