membership question....

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, this is great information. Thanks Donegal. Turns out I could have saved myself some money last year but didn't even bother to mention I was a member of another club. In all honesty, I have no problem paying the $20. I know how much work is involved in covering expenses and $5 isn't going to break me. :beer:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to add to my previous remark... I have to eat Crow on saying that we don't offer a discount in Kelowna. Indeed we do and maybe the best one in the province.... 75% off your trail pass. $5 to ride in Graystokes or Myra/Idabel with the Kelowna club. Thanks to Donegal for doing the footwork on this and contacting the clubs. I discussed this with our club president and turns out we had only 5 riders from other clubs take advantage of this discount last year. With low numbers like that, not much of a hit in the pocketbook at all. So what's everyone waiting for...get to Kelowna and ride for almost free! :beer:

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
The following areas have responded that they do not have trail fees but will of course always accept a donation towards upkeep of the cabins or trails.
Paradise Valley Snowmobile Association (Dawson Creek)
Skeena Valley Snowmobile Association (Terrace)
Northland Trail Blazers (Fort St John)
Mid Island Sno-Blazers
North Island Snowmobile Association
Black Tusk Snowmobile Club (Squamish)
Chilliwack Snowmobile Cub
Summit Seekers (Princeton)
Similkameen Snowmobile Club (Keremeos)
South Okanagan Snowmobile Club (Penticton)

I am still waiting to hear from a few.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our club has a fabulous chalet.....2 emerg cabins and a great groomed trail up........all cabins have emerg supplies and gear.......all stocked with wood.....earlybird memberships (saves 35 bucks!!).......and membership contests for pics etc that help reduce the membership.....20 bucks from each membership goes to CAC for a friends membership....and a buck from each 20 dollar trail fee for non members goes to the CAC.....I think that this is all around great value for the area I ride and have no problem in paying any clubs trail fee that I visit.......they all work so hard and its so tough to get vollunteers as it is....so pay up....join a club and help a cause.....heck I even joined a second local club just to give them support and a few extra bucks........JMO............

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our club has a fabulous chalet.....2 emerg cabins and a great groomed trail up........all cabins have emerg supplies and gear.......all stocked with wood.....earlybird memberships (saves 35 bucks!!).......and membership contests for pics etc that help reduce the membership.....20 bucks from each membership goes to CAC for a friends membership....and a buck from each 20 dollar trail fee for non members goes to the CAC.....I think that this is all around great value for the area I ride and have no problem in paying any clubs trail fee that I visit.......they all work so hard and its so tough to get vollunteers as it is....so pay up....join a club and help a cause.....heck I even joined a second local club just to give them support and a few extra bucks........JMO............

Hey you tell me to be quiet and now look at you. Just kidding. Always nice to see club members proud of their club and posting a positive response.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And to add to my previous remark... I have to eat Crow on saying that we don't offer a discount in Kelowna. Indeed we do and maybe the best one in the province.... 75% off your trail pass. $5 to ride in Graystokes or Myra/Idabel with the Kelowna club. Thanks to Donegal for doing the footwork on this and contacting the clubs. I discussed this with our club president and turns out we had only 5 riders from other clubs take advantage of this discount last year. With low numbers like that, not much of a hit in the pocketbook at all. So what's everyone waiting for...get to Kelowna and ride for almost free! :beer:

How about if we have a ASA season trail pass. Its good for all of Alberta. Just asking I`m OK paying your fees. I am not a trail freeloader. :smiliestirthepot:

Donegal-BCSF

Reaction score
Website
www.bcsf.org
I can try to answer:) It would be up to the individual club whether to offer discounts to ASA trail pass holders. I would bring my pass and when you get to the trail head I would definitely ask. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Top Bottom