Clubs honouring the BCSF portions of other clubs memberships?

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a member of the Sicamous club last year and planned to grab a membership again yesterday when riding. The lady taking money at Owls was nice, however when I showed her I was a member of the Revy club she stated Sicamous isn’t honouring the $35 BCSF membership from another club purchase. I was nice since she is only the messenger but must admit I’m pretty disappointed the club isn’t honouring this. I bought a day pass instead of a membership because of it. Anyone else think its a little shady? Do they realize a person doesn’t have to leave from their parking lot. There are plenty of ways up a mountain.

Kind of messes with the accuracy of BCSF data if individuals have multiple BCSF memberships doesn’t it?

Are most clubs not honouring the BCSF portion of other clubs memberships?

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole BCSF membership system is a mess, they are their own worst enemy.

95% of sledders go the day pass route and then they complain no one is a BCSF member.

Should be able to buy a BCSF membership and then get a trivial discount on trailer passes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think revy is doing it this year either

Government stepped in

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Back in the day, you could only belong or be charged for one BCSF membership. I think it still is that way. If a BCSF club won't give you the $26.50 (that is what it was last year) off, maybe the BCSF will send it to you.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, you could only belong or be charged for one BCSF membership. I think it still is that way. If a BCSF club won't give you the $26.50 (that is what it was last year) off, maybe the BCSF will send it to you.
Revy and a few other clubs would cut the trail pass to 20 instead of 25 for example if you had a club member ship elsewhere

But don't think anyone is now

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a member of the Sicamous club last year and planned to grab a membership again yesterday when riding. The lady taking money at Owls was nice, however when I showed her I was a member of the Revy club she stated Sicamous isn’t honouring the $35 BCSF membership from another club purchase. I was nice since she is only the messenger but must admit I’m pretty disappointed the club isn’t honouring this. I bought a day pass instead of a membership because of it. Anyone else think its a little shady? Do they realize a person doesn’t have to leave from their parking lot. There are plenty of ways up a mountain.

Kind of messes with the accuracy of BCSF data if individuals have multiple BCSF memberships doesn’t it?

Are most clubs not honouring the BCSF portion of other clubs memberships?
I sent a message to the general manager of the club

This was his reply
465a89717549f57ab9cbc13b82d502d2.jpg

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole BCSF membership system is a mess, they are their own worst enemy.

95% of sledders go the day pass route and then they complain no one is a BCSF member.

Should be able to buy a BCSF membership and then get a trivial discount on trailer passes.

Exactly, should have to buy a BCSF membership separately. Then buy a membership(s) or day passes after to whatever riding areas.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy and a few other clubs would cut the trail pass to 20 instead of 25 for example if you had a club member ship elsewhere

But don't think anyone is now

you are correct Jeff... we rode Revy 2 weeks ago and they are not cutting the day pass cost anymore and the fella at the pay booth said they didn't last year either but I know they did 2 seasons ago.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last winter when living in Sicamous I bought their membership first, a few weeks later I went to the Revy welcome center and they deducted the BCSF piece from their membership. Can’t speak to day passes. Sounds like from Tex’s post all’s good with the Sicy club doing it as well.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are correct Jeff... we rode Revy 2 weeks ago and they are not cutting the day pass cost anymore and the fella at the pay booth said they didn't last year either but I know they did 2 seasons ago.
Ya I asked the day I went with tator

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again, day passes (trail fees) and memberships are being confused. They are two separate entities used for two separate purposes.
Revy used to take the 5 bucks off, not now in my experience anyways

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hunters did off a trail pass when I went last year as well. I had memberships to both Revy and Sic. As mentioned Revy pulled the BCSF portion out when I bought a membership at the welcome center. Thanks again Tex, sounds like Sic will do the same.

Sure wish I could have an auto renewing BCSF membership in a card form or phone app. Then just add memberships and day passes as needed to specific clubs. It would allow the BCSF and clubs to easily track just how much individuals ride and how much time they spend at various other clubs. I would think all of this would be good information for fighting the good fight to keep areas open.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hunters did off a trail pass when I went last year as well. I had memberships to both Revy and Sic. As mentioned Revy pulled the BCSF portion out when I bought a membership at the welcome center. Thanks again Tex, sounds like Sic will do the same.

Sure wish I could have an auto renewing BCSF membership in a card form or phone app. Then just add memberships and day passes as needed to specific clubs. It would allow the BCSF and clubs to easily track just how much individuals ride and how much time they spend at various other clubs. I would think all of this would be good information for fighting the good fight to keep areas open.

Sounds like you should volunteer to organize and try to implement a provincial pass scenario. I'm sure the BCSF would welcome you with open arms.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you should volunteer to organize and try to implement a provincial pass scenario. I'm sure the BCSF would welcome you with open arms.

I’d love to. If you have a more direct contact and would like to PM me their details I’ll follow up with them.

Top Bottom