What Alberta bashers forget

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's one dip **** guys ? We all have them and I would like to think the majority don't thing this way ?
Thats all I hear in Sicamous...everthing wrong in these losers world is the Albertans fault...bashing the Albertans all day every day from the people in the tourist town that tries hard not to be one, lol

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with the comment about staying home and like Snopro said we are all from Canada. Unfortunately though, living in the heart of a summer tourist destination we do experience all walks of life with different attitudes that should be left at home imo. It does get a bit of tiring to hear "BC would be nothing without AB money". That tune gets played a bit too much unfortunately.

Thats all I hear in Sicamous...everthing wrong in these losers world is the Albertans fault...bashing the Albertans all day every day from the people in the tourist town that tries hard not to be one, lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I am going more and more Montana direction.. Truck can point just as easy going s.e. As it can west..

spend thousands in bc each winter to here this..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I am going more and more Montana direction.. Truck can point just as easy going s.e. As it can west..

spend thousands in bc each winter to here this..
So because someone on the internet hurt your feeler you go to Montana instead of BC now?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with the comment about staying home and like Snopro said we are all from Canada. Unfortunately though, living in the heart of a summer tourist destination we do experience all walks of life with different attitudes that should be left at home imo. It does get a bit of tiring to hear "BC would be nothing without AB money". That tune gets played a bit too much unfortunately.

Maybe it does, but so does the "it's the oilpatch, don't whine to us when you loose your job" coming from everyone else in Canada to us. Everyone seems so glad to rub misfortune in another persons face, we are all the same boat here in communist Canada. Many of us would love to see our neighbors do well, it would be great to see all of Canada see the prosperity Alberta has, but due to many reasons this isn't the case, but it doesn't mean I'm going to feel bad for having things that many in the world can only dream of.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I can honestly say I have never heard anyone say such a thing amongst my group of friends/relatives etc. Why would anyone wish hardship towards their neighbour?

Maybe it does, but so does the "it's the oilpatch, don't whine to us when you loose your job" coming from everyone else in Canada to us. Everyone seems so glad to rub misfortune in another persons face, we are all the same boat here in communist Canada. Many of us would love to see our neighbors do well, it would be great to see all of Canada see the prosperity Alberta has, but due to many reasons this isn't the case, but it doesn't mean I'm going to feel bad for having things that many in the world can only dream of.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I can honestly say I have never heard anyone say such a thing amongst my group of friends/relatives etc. Why would anyone wish hardship towards their neighbour?

I wasn't referring to next door neighbors, I meant more the people of neighboring provinces or other provinces within Canada. But just in reading many threads on this forum you can see that there are many that seem to take joy in the current misfortune experienced by those in the oilpatch, just look at the "no red plates in Kelowna" comment as an example.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understood you correctly. I guess some people feel the need to bash others regardless of their predicament or financial status. Although I can't properly defend the comment about "red plates in Kelowna" I kind of have a gut feeling why he said that but to paint every Albertan with the same brush is not right.

I wasn't referring to next door neighbors, I meant more the people of neighboring provinces or other provinces within Canada. But just in reading many threads on this forum you can see that there are many that seem to take joy in the current misfortune experienced by those in the oilpatch, just look at the "no red plates in Kelowna" comment as an example.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understood you correctly. I guess some people feel the need to bash others regardless of their predicament or financial status. Although I can't properly defend the comment about "red plates in Kelowna" I kind of have a gut feeling why he said that but to paint every Albertan with the same brush is not right.
I agree with you and I have also noted from some of your previous posts you are an educated person that has traveled to other parts of the world and know how fortunate we are in Canada. The comments I hear around here are from a minority of ignorant people and funny thing is some of them either came from Alberta or their parents did or they have lived and worked there.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can understand the frustration on the part of some, trying to find a parking spot here at Costco on a Saturday afternoon is almost impossible sometimes when the parking lot is half full of BC plates cross-border shopping, but it pays the guy stocking the shelves bills so there is a benefit to it. So I can see the locals frustration in BC tourist towns too. Too bad we can't all get along, but this division seems to start at the federal government, we either have a government that works for the West or one that works for the East, like Trudeau's recent ramblings that only Quebec has produced Canada's great Prime Ministers, but I'll quit at this example I'm moving off topic of this thread.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sadly you don't have to look far to see someone acting like a douche with red plates. I see it when I'm travelling as I'm sure you all have. I have to think most of these guys should have been stuck back home bagging groceries but they were able to pull six figures during the good times in Ab.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly you don't have to look far to see someone acting like a douche with red plates. I see it when I'm travelling as I'm sure you all have. I have to think most of these guys should have been stuck back home bagging groceries but they were able to pull six figures during the good times in Ab.

Red plates also doesn't indicate "Albertan", how many of these vehicles could be people from BC travelling home to show off their new money and toys to their friends and family? Not excusing the behavior by any means, but not necessarily a "born Albertan".

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny thing is that this provincial bashing only exists while we are in Canada. Once you travel abroad and meet other Canadians the provincial boundaries have been eliminated and your new found Canadian friend is your drinking buddy etc etc regardless if he/she is from Newfoundland, AB, SK, ON or BC.

I can understand the frustration on the part of some, trying to find a parking spot here at Costco on a Saturday afternoon is almost impossible sometimes when the parking lot is half full of BC plates cross-border shopping, but it pays the guy stocking the shelves bills so there is a benefit to it. So I can see the locals frustration in BC tourist towns too. Too bad we can't all get along, but this division seems to start at the federal government, we either have a government that works for the West or one that works for the East, like Trudeau's recent ramblings that only Quebec has produced Canada's great Prime Ministers, but I'll quit at this example I'm moving off topic of this thread.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks for your comments. IMO you don't need to be educated or well travelled to be respectful and humble towards others. Treat others how you want to be treated is how I feel. :cool:

I agree with you and I have also noted from some of your previous posts you are an educated person that has traveled to other parts of the world and know how fortunate we are in Canada. The comments I hear around here are from a minority of ignorant people and funny thing is some of them either came from Alberta or their parents did or they have lived and worked there.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red plates also doesn't indicate "Albertan", how many of these vehicles could be people from BC travelling home to show off their new money and toys to their friends and family? Not excusing the behavior by any means, but not necessarily a "born Albertan".

Kinda what I meant by "back home" . Ab let a lot of people succeed through no fault of their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"could be people from BC travelling home"
Also many have address in Ab. and are trying to get out of paying the BC taxes ?
You hear it on S&M as well as look at any border town the folks flock to for cheaper fuel and other things.
Which is perfect . IMO
It's East and Western Canada , not Canada by the looks of thinks ?? Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Don, I have seen tons of douche bags around here, Vernon, Kelowna ect with red plates, winter and summer

Same with green plates and blue plates

But then I have seen just as many around sylvan lake, mabe it's the same guys lmao

One thing I have asked myself is when I used to come to sled in b.c, was I one of them??? Tried to recall

It's not a red plate or green or blue thing, it's the I think my sh!t don't stink attitude that's the issue

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"could be people from BC travelling home"
Also many have address in Ab. and are trying to get out of paying the BC taxes ?
You hear it on S&M as well as look at any border town the folks flock to for cheaper fuel and other things.
Which is perfect . IMO
It's East and Western Canada , not Canada by the looks of thinks ?? Lol

Not sure what you are getting at?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks for your comments. IMO you don't need to be educated or well travelled to be respectful and humble towards others. Treat others how you want to be treated is how I feel. :cool:
Stop with the common sense! I was looking forward to seeing war declared between AB and BC! Red plates rule! Blue plates drool!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom