What Alberta bashers forget

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop with the common sense! I was looking forward to seeing war declared between AB and BC! Red plates rule! Blue plates drool!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I hope that you are just joking. I for one would hate to see AB & BC at war. I think that we should all remove our plates and keep them in the glove box and only produce them when asked for them by the CO's

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that you are just joking. I for one would hate to see AB & BC at war. I think that we should all remove our plates and keep them in the glove box and only produce them when asked for them by the CO's
For the record I was only joking lol I have family all over both provinces and would hate to see anything happen. Always fun to stir the pot but it seems to work best on weekends when people have had a couple drinks lol

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the record I was only joking lol I have family all over both provinces and would hate to see anything happen. Always fun to stir the pot but it seems to work best on weekends when people have had a couple drinks lol

Glad to hear that you were only Joking Kyle. I wonder if anyone picked up on my attempt on humor with the licence plate comment.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL. My war days on S&M are over with. Dare not express my opinion because you get insults thrown back if they don't agree.

Stop with the common sense! I was looking forward to seeing war declared between AB and BC! Red plates rule! Blue plates drool!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's really a pretty simple concept. When you visit other places on vacation don't be a c#nt. Just because you are on vacation and dropping some cash it doesn't make you better than anyone else. Contrary to popular belief not everyone in BC is poor, envious of your stuff or dependant on your spending. Most people are great but there is an over represented group that think they are superior, act disrespectfully and sneer at others and the rules.

Lanko

Reaction score
It's really a pretty simple concept. When you visit other places on vacation don't be a c#nt. Just because you are on vacation and dropping some cash it doesn't make you better than anyone else. Contrary to popular belief not everyone in BC is poor, envious of your stuff or dependant on your spending. Most people are great but there is an over represented group that think they are superior, act disrespectfully and sneer at others and the rules.

Nailed it completely agree, the beauty for you guys is that you only have to deal with us Albertan tourists for short periods of time. Most guys are great but we have to deal with an over represented amount of workers that think they are superior, act disrespectfully and sneer at others and the rules, that fly in from Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, PG, etc.. The worst part is we deal with these guys 10 hours a day, 2-3 weeks at a time. We can bitch and complain all we want but in the end there are two sides to every coin.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nailed it completely agree, the beauty for you guys is that you only have to deal with us Albertan tourists for short periods of time. Most guys are great but we have to deal with an over represented amount of workers that think they are superior, act disrespectfully and sneer at others and the rules, that fly in from Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, PG, etc.. The worst part is we deal with these guys 10 hours a day, 2-3 weeks at a time. We can bitch and complain all we want but in the end there are two sides to every coin.
Well said, I know a few of those guys too, they douchebags at home as well lol.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sound a little up on your self.. I see the doo dealer there, few loggers I met on the Rd.. All the inflated prices.. It gives me somewhat the opposite feeling you have about us albertans.. Yes there is also good hospitality there also ..Just not all folks I have met give me that.. Replies like above fit the course with some..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sound a little up on your self.. I see the doo dealer there, few loggers I met on the Rd.. All the inflated prices.. It gives me somewhat the opposite feeling you have about us albertans.. Yes there is also good hospitality there also ..Just not all folks I have met give me that.. Replies like above fit the course with some..
I'm not intending to sound high on my horse I'm attempting to portray the entitled attitude that groups of tourists seem to have towards the locals. Are you suggesting that BC is not welcoming of AB tourists? I would suggest that if you are finding that kind of reception it ties back to the group of douchebags that are ruining a good thing for everyone. Most people in BC have no problems with Albertans we have problems with entitled pricks that think they can do whatever they want and flash a little cash to gain admiration and respect no matter if they are tourists or locals.

Reaction score
I have never noticed any conflict between AB and BC dwellers, having lived in AB most of my life. BC is one of my favorite places on earth and I've found the people to be laid back and easy going. Maybe because I'm a tree huggin' pot-head at heart, or maybe they are secretly thinking what a douche I am with my AB plate. I could be completely unaware. By S&M standards I am pretty dumb... I do drive an F150 after all. :Þ

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you act like and azzhat, you get treated like an azzhat.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you act like and azzhat, you get treated like an azzhat.

and thats part of the problem. "Acting like an azzhat" is quite a subjective statement, different conduct to different people. Your opinion may be way different than someone else's.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and thats part of the problem. "Acting like an azzhat" is quite a subjective statement, different conduct to different people. Your opinion may be way different than someone else's.
have things gotten so bad in GP that general asshattery is just regarded as normal behaviour now?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This cuts both ways .... Lol I ( & many others ) have been judged by the red plate many times in BC... Before we have even opened stepped foot out of a vehicle ..... So no the fact is you can be judged before being proven either a rotten arrogant sob / or a saint ....
so to point out a FEW Albertans spoil it for the rest , is in fact no different than a few jealous BC tree huggers , paint all Albertans in the same light.
The only FACTUAL difference is Alberta contributes more $$ to the country than any other province.....regardless of who / how some one is treated while visiting a different province !

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This cuts both ways .... Lol I ( & many others ) have been judged by the red plate many times in BC... Before we have even opened stepped foot out of a vehicle ..... So no the fact is you can be judged before being proven either a rotten arrogant sob / or a saint ....
so to point out a FEW Albertans spoil it for the rest , is in fact no different than a few jealous BC tree huggers , paint all Albertans in the same light.
The only FACTUAL difference is Alberta contributes more $$ to the country than any other province.....regardless of who / how some one is treated while visiting a different province !
That last sentence sounds suspiciously like a superiority complex.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an economic fact to me. Did an Albertan pee on you once?
No pee, no hate. He composed his reply on how both sides are guilty of stereotyping and basically said look we aren't that different. Oh except that AB contributes to the economy more. Which is tough not to take as a dig that AB is superior which is where this whole discussion stems from.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pee, no hate. He composed his reply on how both sides are guilty of stereotyping and basically said look we aren't that different. Oh except that AB contributes to the economy more. Which is tough not to take as a dig that AB is superior which is where this whole discussion stems from.

Facts are facts ! You part of the everybody gets a ribbon for participating group ? No winners , just players. LOL

Top Bottom