March 2014 Conditions

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be ripen around on my Tapex and have two orange xm and a Xp chasing me , say hi if you see me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming up with a crew from PG for T+T's 2015 Demo days :) see you there Lyle !!! Can't miss me:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will be great to see you and Jeremy and burn a little of Terry's gas, haha..See Ya There, sounds like there may be a little new snow to play in S well

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Hotrod, all trails in excellent shape, Renshaw will be groomed tonight (Wed.) and Friday night. There's been about a foot of new snow on all hills since Sunday with more on the way from what Enviroment Canada says. When and where is the T&T demo, we're heading up Thurs. night for 3 days riding and wouldn't mind trying one out if the crowd isn't too big!

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just talked to Hotrod, all trails in excellent shape, Renshaw will be groomed tonight (Wed.) and Friday night. There's been about a foot of new snow on all hills since Sunday with more on the way from what Enviroment Canada says. When and where is the T&T demo, we're heading up Thurs. for 3 days and wouldn't mind trying one out if the crowd isn't too big!

Saturday, noonish, Renshaw Cabin area.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be ripen around on my Tapex and have two orange xm and a Xp chasing me , say hi if you see me

Lyle .... the only following thats going to be happening is your turbo four stoke following mine and darrens xm.
Until you get it stuck!!!!!!!!!!! ...in which case i will only help u if u give me back my avy pack that was supposed to be mine at mountain mania.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha, I kicked your ass on my old school RMK , your just saying that cause we have to stay off the big climbs lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Next you will want the seat I won as well l

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Sout Dore on Friday and Renshaw on Saturday.
South Dore way down on snow, major crevaces and ice exposure on glacier - never have seen it so exposed before. Absolutly no access this year unless seeing thebottom of a crevace is the last item on your bucket list. Broke trail from the "Y" in. Deffinatly ridable but creekbed also a bit low on snow, regular water spots open, just more open this year. Once the melt starts the creek up will get real interesting. Avalance plowed out by work crew and about 14' tunnel - creepy driving truch through. Picture is of cousin planted half way up the left creek.

Renshaw was excellent, trail in was good and good enough for some 110KPH bursts on the way out, 90 was the norm! Lots of air on the way down. Went about 6KM past Spirit lake to Interpass Ridge. Not a track to be seen once past Spirit and only a couple tracks at Spirit. 8 of us barely used up much of the area. Then the blizzard came! Total whiteout to come back in and only drove off one wind tunnel. Pretty good considering hard to even spot sleds past 100 yards at times. Have about 2 hrs video from wknd. Will post more pics when I have time. Knee deep in open and a bit more in the bush.

McBride never fails to provide an excellent time!

Here are a few more pics from weekend
Pic 1 Airing out my XM at Renshaw wind tunnels
Pic 2 Cousin trying to call for help!?!?
Pic 3 Taking a break at Dore
Pic 4 If your gonna build a fire build a real one!
Pic 5 One of Dore's many avalanche areas - some have gone accross the trail
Pic 6 My brother breaking off dry branches to start the fire- most people don't use their sled!!!!!

Attachments

• mcbride 2014 spring 043.JPG
    mcbride 2014 spring 043.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 260
  • mcbride 2014 spring 011.JPG
    mcbride 2014 spring 011.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 254
  • mcbride 2014 spring 048.jpg
    mcbride 2014 spring 048.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 254
  • mcbride 2014 spring 016.JPG
    mcbride 2014 spring 016.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 261
  • mcbride 2014 spring 045.jpg
    mcbride 2014 spring 045.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 253
  • mcbride 2014 spring 056.JPG
    mcbride 2014 spring 056.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, I kicked your ass on my old school RMK , your just saying that cause we have to stay off the big climbs lol

OH here we go... old timers think they wooped my ass cause i didnt want to destroy my sled on the concrete snow.
Just when u think uve heard it all.
well see if u can keep up this weekend in the trees with the big heavy beast

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did I strke a nerve lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You keep dancin for us Judy,I need as much snow as possible so that XM dosnt beat me up too bad LOL! Thanks for the update, see ya Friday morning,

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was great up there last weekend (Mar. 15-17). First day on Renshaw, and the next two at Bell. Great snow and mostly sunny for the two days at Bell, but Renshaw was pretty socked in on Saturday. Had a blast, and will definitely be back! We stayed at Bell Mountain Motel, and it was pretty good. Really nice people, everywhere we went.

Mcbride 2014 - YouTube

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw groomed last night, tonight(Thurs.), Fri., Sat. and most of the trail has been holding up very well, first 4km are not though! Snowing very hard up there when Hotrod left and 15 inches of new snow and climbing. And just a word of note, please do not try and drive your sled over the roof of the cabin!!! A couple of goofs tried this recently, until they were told to get lost by some of the other sledders!

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Renshaw groomed last night, tonight(Thurs.), Fri., Sat. and most of the trail has been holding up very well, first 4km are not though! Snowing very hard up there when Hotrod left and 15 inches of new snow and climbing. And just a word of note, please do not try and drive your sled over the roof of the cabin!!! A couple of goofs tried this recently, until they were told to get lost by some of the other sledders!
Idiots!................Just Sayin!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will for sure, if it keeps snowing should be able to to come up with some jealous shots for those who can't ride this weekend.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would snap if someone tried this when I was there. Good thing I wasnt. Kudos to the gentlemen who advised the disrespectfuls of their wrongfull deeds.

I wonder how they would like it if someone drove over the hood of there truck with a set of carbides.

Top Bottom