March 2014 Conditions

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the

first picture is of sunday march 2nd. The 2nd picture is of weather 1 mile out of town this morning.

There is snow coming down folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ajb1205

Reaction score
There is still snow to be found if you venture far enough back.. Rode the last 3 days with nothing but clear skys and sun. It was cold, cold but the trail up the Renshaw was like a highway.

Sent from my Samsung 4s

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Group of us heading out Thurs night too. Looking forward to better snow and temps less than -100

jonw

Reaction score
How much fresh stuff tonight? Gonna be there in the morning!

jarreth

Reaction score
is the spirit lake area accessible for a inexperianced mountain rider... if they knew were they were going ??

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better have a GPS in case of weather and go with someone who has been there. One side hill that can catch you.

ajb1205

Reaction score
It was quite easy on the weekend but with the new snow it may be a bit sketchy in places. Once u drop down over the second mountain (if memory serves me correct) be careful as there is a large cornice to your left that hasn't fallen yet...if u can get back there it will be worth it.

Sent from my Samsung 4s

Last edited:

jarreth

Reaction score
well hopefully there is fresh stuff left by saturday so we dont have to venture that way.. never been there but dont wanna chance it without someone thats knows were to go...

jonw

Reaction score
Leaving at 3am Alberta time can't wait!

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went back there 3 times this week. You have to cross over 3 mountains to get back there and it's about 20km from the cabin. We always had to check where we were going and follow other tracks along with having GPS. If it snowed lots yesterday so you won't have to go back to spirit lake to find good snow. Have fun!!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't rode the sled since christmas due to working to much and I'm itchen to get out for a couple days. Is there anyone looking to get out for a ride for a couple days Wednesday to Friday or Thursday, Friday and 1/2 day Saturday? Son's birthday is Sunday so I want to be home for that.

jonw

Reaction score
Rode renshaw today 5 inchs or so in the parking lot but uptop was kinda disappointing. Was very wind blown and probably only 2-3 inchs of fresh. If you could find some untracked in the trees it was awesome but otherwise was rock hard. Riding valemount tomorrow looks like they have some more fresh.

Top Bottom