Main jets

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased 2007 needles so that i could raise or lower the needle. Failing that Yamaha seemed to have the shims needed.
Also have taken a plastic oil can (1 L) and used some of the side that is flat and punched out the size for the outside of shim and then drilled out inside for the needle.
Can't remember the thickness but i think it was around 20 thou.

Just ideas!:)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased 2007 needles so that i could raise or lower the needle. Failing that Yamaha seemed to have the shims needed.
Also have taken a plastic oil can (1 L) and used some of the side that is flat and punched out the size for the outside of shim and then drilled out inside for the needle.
Can't remember the thickness but i think it was around 20 thou.

Just ideas!:)

Ya that's what I did, havent used them yet. Seams most mod shops use the 07 needles so they tell me the 3 that I called. T bros was zero help once again

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
t bros are all useless...... i go there if its a totaly need thing and they have it...

plus i call with the brp # so i know its right

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting in 1 more stock plastic shim. They measure 30 thousandths. Figured for the cost, if they are too rich, I'm not out much money. Hopefully have the top end back together this week to test. Just waiting for the RKTEK pistons and head.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put on my RKTEK head 14-1 and shimmed 10 thou jetted to 460 after Specialty told me to and it was bang on. I was worried but everything looks good plug wise and I'm going to do pistons in the spring (just went over the 2000 km mark) so I will get a good look then.

Top Bottom