Main jets

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Could any one tell me what they are running in the 800 R motor for main jet i know that they are 490s stock i have heard that you can make thease things work realy good when jetted down exspeacey in the mountions
any info would be great

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 07 800r rev and i am 470 and the dealer said that was stock

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Did you run the 450s on the flat land or in the hills & what kind of a rider are you wide open or a little of everything thanks for the info

XP154

Reaction score
90 percent mountains, I like to keep the throttle as wide open as the terrain will allow me to. I would say 50-100 percent throttle most of the time. Have not ridden it that much in the flat land though. If you are not sure contact someone like specialty sleds or any performance shop that actually trys the products that they sell and rides themselves. Before I had the 08 xp I had a 2000 summit and I leaned it out a couple of jet sizes, my buddy rides a 06 800 rev and he has his leaned out a bit but I am not sure what he has in there now. Rumor has it that the doo's come jetted a little rich from the factory and I personally agree with this.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Could any one tell me what they are running in the 800 R motor for main jet i know that they are 490s stock i have heard that you can make thease things work realy good when jetted down exspeacey in the mountions
any info would be great

480 is stock 08 Summit X

Ekim

Reaction score
My 08 800R has 480 installed. I run between 3000' and 6500' and have never had a bad plug reading.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 800r 's have 470 stock... but don't have a t stat and are timed different... stock 800r xp's are a bit bigger jets

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, it works well even with a stock set-up. raising the needle(lowering clip) will richin it up a hair in mid range which they are a little lean in mid to begin with.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, it works well even with a stock set-up. raising the needle(lowering clip) will richin it up a hair in mid range which they are a little lean in mid to begin with.

I did not think the 08's had adjustable needle's. I thought u had to buy the 07 needles and put them in a 08?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not think the 08's had adjustable needle's. I thought u had to buy the 07 needles and put them in a 08?

In the service manual, it looks like there is only 1 spot for the needle circlip, with a plastic washer under it. I wonder how would you adjust it without changing to the older needles? I'm guessing some kind of shims or something?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good question. they always just come with the aftermarket stuff i order.

but im pretty sure you can get shims right from doo..it might be one size but you can stack them and grind them.

anyone know who sells a good selection of shims?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the parts fiche, there is a part number 404137600 that they call "Packing". In the service manual, they refer to this as a plastic washer. If you stack more of these under the circlip, does the needle retainer still function properly? I haven't done much with needle jets... can you tell?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YEP you can stack them. the needle retainer is held on by an allan key so you just tighten it back up. the packing your refering too is the stock shim. i just dont know the thickness.

ive never shimmed on a stock sled just on the big bores so they dont lean out midrange

Top Bottom