M8 rebuild!!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it's getting closer to crunch time so I have decided to help out a fellow friend. He was involved in a terrible accident last year in January that left him unable to ride his sled all winter. You may have seen the videos on YouTube as it circulated pretty quick throughout the sledding community. It's a 2012 m8 white ltd, and it's gonna need a lot of tlc!!! We have a new tunnel and skid on order so there tear down is about to begin. I'm doing this outta the goodness of my heart to help out a fellow sledder an also to give me something to tinker at while I make up my mind on what I'm doing with my own. So, if ANYONE has parts leftover from an m8 pc that you may think we would need please let me know. As of right now from what I could tell by looking at it briefly, it needs:
New tunnel-ordered
New skid-ordered
Chaincase COVER
Oil reservoir
All new plastics
New drivers+jshaft
New seat
Bulkhead possibly
Support bars going from vert steering to gas tank
Exhaust can

I am sure once I tear into it I will find more things needing replacing. Just wondering if anyone has anything they want to get rid of. This is a budget build, so please, its not going to get a belt drive or a custom tunnel or skid or anything, he just wants to get it back on the snow so he can try his luck this season!

Once I begin the tear down, I will try and post as many pics as possible. It may be a slow process waiting on parts. Here are some pics of what it's like in it's current condition. The motor still runs, if it had oil... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347888517.938805.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347888551.299118.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347888602.537676.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347888675.043554.jpg

From what I can tell, the rear part of the tunnel is in decent shape and can be reused if anyone needed the extension alone, it's a 153". Also, the rails are bent really bad, but all cross shafts, arms, shock, can all be reused if needed.

This is going to be a fun project I think! I just wish it would hurry up and snow already.....!!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember watching that video. Very lucky guy. I have the factory can he can just have if he wants it. Good luck on the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I do believe I have a factory one as well laying around but I'm gonna see if there's any used aftermarket ones become available first. He had a jaws on it, but sold it after the accident thinking it was never going to run again LOL.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a fun project, pretty cool of You to do the wrenching on it to
Get him back riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you man. True friend for sure. I remember this video, glad your buddy is ok.

Russell P

Reaction score
Awesome to see you helping him out.I seen the vid on youtube, how bad did the guys get hurt? Wish I had some parts to donate, LOL none of my XP or RMK parts will help.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome to see you helping him out.I seen the vid on youtube, how bad did the guys get hurt? Wish I had some parts to donate, LOL none of my XP or RMK parts will help.
They actually both walked away from it with only minor bruises and soreness!! I appreciate the thought, could maybe blend a Proclimb with a XP but then that would fuel some flames here on s&m lol

Thanks! That is actually who we orders the tunnel/skid from I'm pretty sure. Kerry is an awesome guy to deal with, I'd recommend anyone to WKR. We may end up getting all the parts from him if he has them. I'm not doing to communicating so I don't know what they talked about regarding the other parts.

rollando

Reaction score
i got pretty much everything u need i just did my 2012 pc 162 full carbon fiber including nexteck skid so i have chaincase did c3 belt drive tunnel gas tank stock skid 163 tho i also have clutch and secondary call me 7808807936 i live in fort mac

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!

Just an update... Tunnel and skid showed up today. Been a slow process on accumulating parts but build will start soon.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kyle91ers pm me if you still need some more parts for the sled I'm heading down to Preston Idaho to meet up with Rasmussen and I can see if he has any spares lying around.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got around to start the tear down on the wrecked proclimb. Here's the progress so far. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353930768.014232.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353930788.869585.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353930807.735326.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353930822.066210.jpg

Ok so I was trying to slide the track shaft out, I removed the brake caliber and rotor, bottom gear in chain case and c clip, it still won't slide out. Is there a trick to this?? It won't slide out thru the bearing on the chaincase side. Should I hit it with a mallet? The sled took a pretty hard hit on that side so would that bearing be piled up at all?

So anyways. What I have learned is that he is goin to need a complete chain case now as the back side is also split, oil reservoir, right side belly pan plastics and exhaust outlet, right side foot stirrup and guards, and possibly more.

Hopin to get some time again tomorrow to wrench some more on it. Hopefully ill get the primary off and the tcl so I can start removing the tunnel itself. Waiting to get a chaincase now.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update:

Got the tunnel on. Waiting for new chaincase to reassemble. For the amount of damage there was, I gotta say, he's getting away with repairs fairly cheap. Thanks to white knuckle motorsports for getting us a tunnel and skid, and the local forum members who have spoke up with spare parts. Should be back on the snow in a month! Hopefully he can finish breaking her in then LOL.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354260789.183586.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354260815.906990.jpg

Top Bottom