m8 mods

tanner

Reaction score
I sure hope some of these mods work on the 09 the factory set up is kinda a dog. I was thinking of the SLP y pipe, pipe and can also some V-force reeds. I hope it will wake this thing up a bit, anything else i should add? Watch your temp sending unit wire mine was touching the stock pipe and burnt through the shielding.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
one of our m1000 have the rk helix kit, it backshifts alright but doesn't upshift as good as other set ups.
twin pipes most power gain
porting.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
well the newest mod to the sled came in the form of what im assuming is a grenaded diamond drive:realmad: went out for a mellow trail ride on the weekend an it decided to let go made it back under its own power but anything over 20kmh rattled me off the sled an sounded like the world was comin to an end lol, lil disapointed havin only 30hrs on the machine:confused:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that i really like the rk sec kit's because of the ease of adjustability.. It's taken me a while to get it fine tuned and am still improving the set-up all the time.. But i'm the type of guy that just likes to tinker all the time to try and improve set-up..

scrapmaster

Reaction score
yah i was wantin to start tinkerin on mine the day my drive packed it in, next time im that way gunna hafta hit u up for advice on the setup end of things

scrapmaster

Reaction score
time for some updates i guess, since the last posts i threw on a jaws can love the sound, got my clutch issue sorted out still need some fine tuning with weighting but getting closer, did the "geomod" on my rear suspension sled rides way better now climbing better as well still looking at some more tuning but its close. Also added a slp intake horn and big air kit found a noticeable difference especially around the midrange an when plowin thru hood deep snow. Also apparently i have an rk head and shim kit on the way thanks to my buddy:d who wants to tinker with an 800 since hes doin 2 1000s for himself. plans for next year are to shed some more weight and put a complete exhaust on it.. Anyways thanks to everyone for the advice its becoming a really fun sled to ride and thanks to spindrift for all the knowledge and shiny new parts:beer:

scrapmaster

Reaction score
also on a side note very impressed with the toughness of these sleds, bounced it off about 20trees rolled it 3 different times got into a treewell at speed where the hood was on one side of the tree and the bars were on the other side of the tree, and speared a ski between 2 trees on a steep decent gone wrong lol, all in 3 days at allen last weekend.. total damage toll... lost 3 windsheild rivets and a lot of damage to my pride other then that i dont think i even scratched the paint:eek:

lakeland101

Reaction score
I put a speedwerxs air intake on mine and it made a big difference, pulls harder out of the hole and midrange, it also made is sound like a dog...it barks:)

Top Bottom