box or no box?

scrapmaster

Reaction score
hey all just lookin for some advice, still runnin my 08 m8, so far just have the can and slp airbox setup from glenn.. anyways buddy of mine picked up an rk tek head kit (head and spacer gasket) been hearing from most folks that im fine without a box but im a little hesitant has anyone been running this setup? also was thinkin if not running a box at least havin an af gauge to monitor things at first but not sure if its a valid idea? Also if i do end up going with a box whats ppls reccomendations? havnt heard a lot good about boondockers lately lots failing it seems?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand....did you put the head on your machine with the SLP can and airbox? Can and airbox you do not need a box. With the head I would ask Kelsey at RK Tek or even SLP.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
sorry, just have the can and airbox, wondering if i need need a box when i add the head

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, just have the can and airbox, wondering if i need need a box when i add the head
Scrapmaster, I'd add the box. My wife's M8 was dangerously lean with an SLP pipeset, airbox, and RKT head - the head is only a 13.5:1, vs the 14.1:1 that most shops carry and sell. Besides, you'll find that the M8 likes a bit more fuel anyway - it'll hold the rpm on a long climb with a touch more fuel. You'll need to know what CR you are running with the RKT head before you can make any decisions.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
thanks for the info, just checked an yah it is the 14-1 head, as well i wanna run a pipe soon as finances allow:) so may as well go for a box right now. Anyone have aopinions boondocker vs attitude box?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attitude box will not remove fuel, as I had to at lower rpm settings. Boondocker is infinitely adjustable, but it takes a little more tuning to set up, but I think it is a better setup once it is set up. Another option is the the Dynojet Power Commander, which may prove to be a better unit then the BD box, as it is adjustable over smaller RPM intervals. I think SLP is selling them pre loaded with maps for thier pipesets.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
thanks for pointing that out, hadnt thought about the subtracting fuel end of things.. power commanders looking like a nice unit

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and also with just the rkt head your usually subtracting fuel.but that is just the head not the air box and can.i would contact rk tek and ask kelsy

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem with the power commander is you can not adjust the setting on the trail you need to hook up to a computer adjust the settings and download them to the box were the boondocker you can dial in on the mountain

scrapmaster

Reaction score
so im still pullin my hair tryin to decide which box to run, still hesitant on the bd box but its lookin like i may go that way, has anybody here run the pure logic boxes from what i hear theyre very similar to the attitude box but you can subtract fuel as well? anyone have a link to some info on them cant get anywhere searching them on google

fasta76

Reaction score
You can subtracked fuel on the attitude box!!It just pulls it fom across the board! not just a specific area! Derek is the owner of attitude. He used to do the programing for pro logic. But is now on his own!! Just ordered mine from him!

Top Bottom