Trying to sell my sled stock or moded?

cadmo

Reaction score
Kk so im trying to sell my sled and trying to figure out my best option.

the sled has 5g in add ons including full speed werx exhaust, porting and rk tek head that runs on av gas.

Now im on the fence on all the acc especially the engine mods, by having them does it make my sled less attratcive to people as most dont want to deal with watching egts, plugs, and once in a while playing with the bd box? its been a pull and go sled for me, but are most scared of it?

regardless if i sell now or wait till next season how would it be sold easyer

stock or with all the mods?

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say yes that it would scare alot of people away. Some guys might think that it would be alright, but i think the majority would steer away.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will get more of your investment back by installing the stock parts (if you still have them) and selling the aftermarket parts separate. What kind of sled are you selling?:beer:

cadmo

Reaction score
Ya i still got all the stock parts so i either go back to stock or give them to the next owner. The sled is a 09 M1000

keep the thoughts comming sell modd or stock???

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
imo put it all back bare even the can looks way more attractive untouched imo if seen that way on kijiji. any ways.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just trying to help, but you will still be hooped.

Take off 5g in parts they are now worth 2500.

Stock 09 is worth 7500 and you still have modded jugs to deal with.

The old rule applies only reason stuff does not sell is price vs value. At this time of year the 'value' of that sled is way less than you are asking.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Agree sell it stock and sell mod parts separately. You will come out further ahead.

cadmo

Reaction score
ya i think just hold on till it next season, i got my 08 M1000 off season for 2g less rode it for a year put a few acc on it and still made money.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The M1000 is a tough sell. Especially with the 2010-11 m8's. And now the the new sleds coming out.
I had an 08 1000, single pipe, clutched etc.
All it did was sit at the dealer south of calgary collecting dust. Tire kickers the whole time. Kept dropping the price until the dealer refused to drop the price any more. Even had 1 yr warranty left. I even considered parting it out. So I rode it hard and brought her home wet for another season.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct about the M1000's resale, though I'm not sure as to why. When properly set up, they are a great machine. I'll ride mine for another season, and when (if) I do sell, I'll part it out - easily make another 30% above what a complete machine sells for. I myself plan to look for another M1000 (2010-2011) at the end of the season to upgrade to, keep my current machine for parts. I'm betting a 2010 or 2011 will be around 10K by March...and I already have the goodies and know how to make it work very well.

Top Bottom