m8 mods

scrapmaster

Reaction score
hi all, im lookin for advice on a few mods for my sled, im fairly new to mountain sleds so mostly just lookin to improve rideability an efficency for this year. Im ridin a 08 m8 162, so far i picked up a few pieces, skidplate, 2wheel kit, scratchers and some cable extensions, the fab shop offered to build me some risers not sure where to start for height im 510 an never ride sitting down. Have been lookin at the rk tek secondary heard its amazing but never actually talked to anyone thats run it, how much better would it be then just going with a shift assist an that? for the engine im thinking just a ypipe an can for this year(still on warranty) want somethin that sounds nice but isnt to obnoxious. Also wanna add a seat but not sure if its in the budget. Thanks in advance for any help... oh new parts are goin on tommorow:)

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07-m8 153 and have an d&d y pipe and a mbrp can a good can sounds good to.put scratchers on to.I have 2 inch riser going to go for 3-4 inches.I changed my secondary helix to a 44/40 and heaver weights in primary seems to work good.I have simmons skis.I didnt like the stock skis as it darted all over maybe just needed more weight put on skis,but like the new skis.put air vents on both side panel.i put on a new power claw track have`nt tryed it out yet thou.Ya the mountain mod sled seat would be nice to.If you have a chance to go to sled/atv show in edmn theres lots of stuff there.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An slp high flow intake horn, speedwerx or slp exhaust system, Rk tek secondary kit is huge difference.. Ive been told that by lots of people that i sold them to.. the boss seat takes 10lbs off of machine and better ride.. To figure out your riser height the best way that i've found is for you stand on sled the way you would when your riding and put hands in position that you want then have someone measure from your bars (where they are at now) to where your hands are.. This will give the best idea of what height you need to raise your bars.. Just my thoughts..

scrapmaster

Reaction score
right on thanks for the info guys think il be doin the clutch for sure, the rest depends on how much ot i can wrack up in the next month, thanks glengine that makes sense for the risers

scrapmaster

Reaction score
well gotta small update put on a 3" riser for starters feels a lot better but think il be going more yet, tomorow night im throwin on my belly pan and 2wheel kit, just wondering if it matters whether i use the inner or outer wheels when i put it back together? other then that got some polishing left then hopefully headed to spindrift this weekend for the new rk tek secondary:d headin to allen on the 6th cant wait still zero sno in edson:(

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well gotta small update put on a 3" riser for starters feels a lot better but think il be going more yet, tomorow night im throwin on my belly pan and 2wheel kit, just wondering if it matters whether i use the inner or outer wheels when i put it back together? other then that got some polishing left then hopefully headed to spindrift this weekend for the new rk tek secondary:d headin to allen on the 6th cant wait still zero sno in edson:(

it shouldnt matter. just look at the wheels to make sure theyre all the same.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the handlebar riser, you can change your column out for one like on the new snow pro's.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the same M8.Invest in the sno pro risers...There frickin awesome..:thumbsup2:

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your getting into engine mods maybe look into a big heat exchanger. I know mine is twice the size of an m series because crossifres come with a bigger one than an M series, becuase it's made for trails and hills.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
yah iv been wondering about the sno pro bar setup how much coin i be lookin at for that? i put a 3" in for now il see how i like that but im already thinking i might want more. Well threw in the 2wheel kit tonight was gunna put on my scratchers but chicky ordered the wrong ones:d then my rivet gun broke on the first rivet when i went to put on my belly pan:confused: so i did some polishing instead:rolleyes: anways heres how she sits right now IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4072.jpg
threw in a pic of my toolbox i flamed the other weekend when i was bored lemme know what ya think

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking all good.With my riser on 2 inch just watch when you turn right that your brake leaver might hit on fly screen and apply brake for u,something to watch out for.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah iv been wondering about the sno pro bar setup how much coin i be lookin at for that? i put a 3" in for now il see how i like that but im already thinking i might want more. Well threw in the 2wheel kit tonight was gunna put on my scratchers but chicky ordered the wrong ones:d then my rivet gun broke on the first rivet when i went to put on my belly pan:confused: so i did some polishing instead:rolleyes: anways heres how she sits right nowView attachment 12433
View attachment 12434
threw in a pic of my toolbox i flamed the other weekend when i was bored lemme know what ya think

I think the bar set up was just under $200.They did mine at Don's in Wainright.About a hour install there,so probably 2 hours at home.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
well finally made it out for my first ride of the season on saturday, very happy with the changes i made, thanks to glenn at spindrift for settin me up with the rk tek secondary would definetly recomend this to anyone with an m, was like riding a whole nother machine was makin pulls in a cpl feet of powder that i wouldnt of tried last year in spring conditions, pulls way harder all the way around

1968chevy

Reaction score
SLP 's single pipe dyno chart sure looks impressive just how well is the sigle pipe working? Have a new 08 m8 and was thinking about it and maybe a speedwerx sno pro intake ? anyone out there using that combo? Also RK TEK says their bolt on head adds 15hp sounds impressive but is it true?:hemiCoupe:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP 's single pipe dyno chart sure looks impressive just how well is the sigle pipe working? Have a new 08 m8 and was thinking about it and maybe a speedwerx sno pro intake ? anyone out there using that combo? Also RK TEK says their bolt on head adds 15hp sounds impressive but is it true?:hemiCoupe:

I installed the ceramic coated SLP Y-pipe, pipe and silencer and love it with zero problems last season. You can get other pipes with maybe 2-3 more horsepower increases than SLP's but I chose reputation and looks over different pipes with maybe 2-3 more horse gain. I also installed the fire breather intake, have had no issues with that either. This season i installed the RK TEK clutch and head but have not had a chance to try it yet, maybe this weekend!

rsw84

Reaction score
i'm riding a 08 m8 153 sno pro. love it.
i did mbrp can,v force 3 reeds, 2 degree timing key, 2 inch riser
speedworks intake, and the slp vent kit
pulls awsome

Top Bottom