Real world m8 pc review

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got back from revelstoke yesterday, thought I'd post up some of my thoughts on the new sled and a few pics as well. Let me start off by saying this is a whole new animal compared to previous years models... Wow.

So I'll start off with the bad:

For one, I absolutely despise that electronic fuel gauge... As I'm sure you already know is a huge pain in the a$$. I thought I was on empty half the day. Although I do find the new proclimbs to be harder on fuel then the previous models.
The seating position is a bit awkward to me. I think the seat is too wide when you're standing up, I found it hard on the inside of my knees as I was carving. I'm hoping boss can come up with something to rectify that issue.

I didn't like the fuel cap, and how small it was. First fill up I kinda wasted a bit of gas on the brand new sled... Oooops. Wish they woulda kept the older style with the bigger circumference. Oh well.

Another issue I had was just getting used to the overall handling of the machine. It's a whole new world. I came off an 08 m1000 and I noticed a huge difference. The first bit of powder I found I tried to boondock it, and the first turn I tried I put way too much effort into it and fell right off completely. This isn't really an issue but im having a hard time finding any cons about this sled!

So onto the good!

I love the boards. For stock boards, I noticed they don't gather up half as much snow as my old sled. It was very convenient. I like how they are wide right to the back just big enough to get a size 13 boot in haha.

The balance and stability this sled has once u get used to it is unparalleled. I was executing lines on this sled that I never would have been able to at my skill level on my old 1000. It's very responsive. If you're used to the older style, once you overcome the differences you will realize how much less effort you have to put into this thing to maneuver it wherever u want it to go.

I put a 2.5" camo extreme on mine, (162" snopro) and it seems they were made for each other. Hooks up really well, and climbs like no one else's business.

The throttle response is amazing. Flat out amazing. All I have on mine is a d&d can and I love it. We rented a Polaris pro rmk 800 and compared to my proclimb, it lacked throttle response. Some people may argue but whatever. This is my review lol.

The side hilling capabilities I was a bit concerned with at first cuz it didn't really look like it could hold one competitively, but wow I was wrong. I had no issues holding a nice side hill. The Polaris also held a nice side hill so they were pretty close in that department.

The suspension set up from factory was really good. It eats the bumps on trails. Takes corners pretty good. I was impressed with that setup. I compared it to my brothers 2010 m8 and it was night and day. The older ones kinda threw ya around a little more. Proclimbs are like a Cadillac on skis.

The overall performance of the sled blew me away. I love it. Even with my modded m1000 I had last year I had way more fun and went in a lot tougher situations on my proclimb this weekend.

I hope this gives someone some indication on how these sleds work and how the general consensus seems to be about the ones that arent blowing up.... Ahaha

So here's a few pictures of this past weekend at frisby.. Hope you all enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281159.728969.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281159.728969.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 307
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281190.983968.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281190.983968.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 310
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281218.083881.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281218.083881.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 318
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281233.165679.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323281233.165679.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 307

SledderX

Reaction score
I was also in Revy this weekend for three days and broke in my new proclimb 800 162. Was Very impressed with the chassis overall and the power was very good for stock (coming off a boosted m8). A couple adjustments and modifications and it should be tough to beat in the 800 class. Im very happy with my purchase. I rode the 1100 turbo this weekend as well and am glad I went with the 800. That 4 stroke business takes some serious seat time and getting used to. Its not for everyone. In my opinion there is zero throttle response and it just feels plain heavy. I still think 2 stroke turbo is the way to go.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did u ride in revy? I went up frisby both days. Had a buddy say boulder was crap, all tracked out, and we had my brothers wife there too so we figured frisby would be plenty of fun to break in the sled and still have a good time in places she could tag along.

SledderX

Reaction score
Rode Blue Lake out towards sicamous on Friday, nice long rough trail to the top to break in the sled and had some great tree riding in there. Rode Frisby on saturday got all the way to the back and found some deep un touched snow in the afternoon. And rode Boulder on sunday was really tracked up till we got down in past turbo hill and dropped in on the kircup lakes we found some pretty good snow down there and more great tree riding. Great weekend with excellent weather and no problems, new proclimb ran flawless.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you with Adam Mattern by any chance? I was talking to him down there. Was gonna meet up Monday if they stayed. He said he was in past turbo and his brother had the 1100t. What color is your sled? I seen one on frisby Saturday, not too far from the first cabin, it had all black plastics if I remember correctly.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I may have seen ya. Anyways. Back to topic. Proclimbs rock!! Lol

Top Bottom