M7 gurgling/bogging

sheldon11

Reaction score
well the exhaust might be the problem but i do know for sure that when running both my friend and my 06 M7 that because they are set from factory for 6000 to 9000 that both of ours bog around the bottom and midrange around the edmonton area. I will post again on monday after we get back from valemount and let you know how it worked in the real deep stuff.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for all your posts. Ive been in the hospital getting my appendix removed and havent been able to reply, I have the next two weeks off so now i have the time to figure this out, but, i cant ride just yet, just have to soak in the info.

easton

Reaction score
I just got back from Whitecourt and my M7 was bogging also mid range.Mine did it all the time right side left side stright ahead fluff and soft packed.I know it did not do this the first trip to the mountains.I do have a can on Neils power pipes can.

easton

Reaction score
Yes had it on and it worked fine.I dont know if this matters but at whitecourt near the end of the day it seemed to clear up ,temp drop I dont know!!!

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seem to have misplaced my stock muffler, do you still have yours? I want to put it back on just to see if it fixes anything. I will pay for it, borrow it or whatever you think is fair, i cant find a used one ANYWHERE, and of course the dealers want you to buy a new one which is expensive and somehow, mysteriously they cant find me a used one, even though they do exhaust mods all the time.

easton

Reaction score
Yes I still have mine,let me know how to get ahold of you and we can work somthing out.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent you a private message containing my phone number, but im not sure how to check my inbox, hope u know how to check yours.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just re-reading the posts on this topic (from easton) and realized this may actually be a elevation problem as whitecourts elevation is still low to what the sleds are set for. Also i would like to hear from Sheldon11 about his valemont trip, did it bog in the mountains?

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheldon11 emailed me and said he had no bog in valemont, this problem seems to be the obvious, altitude. I'll find out in feb. in revy. He also made another good point, it cant be the exhaust plugging as they would have fixed that on the new M8 and M1000. So, Easton ill pass on the muffler for now atleast i know where to find one, i'll know more after the revy trip. Why couldn't the dealers figure that out, instead of massively confusing me! Thanks everyone for their participation!!!

easton

Reaction score
Linkz I talked to Dave at echo he said to run 75 gram weights down here,also that it might be the exhaust valves ???

Stevo

Reaction score
Don't know if this is relevant to your bogging issue but the only time I've noticed any bog on my M8 is when it's over on it's side in deep powder. It will have a slight bog when one of the intake screens is covered.

Haven't seen any bogging not associated with the deep powder.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off Trail Bogging
July 15th, 2007
Have you ever experienced where your sled bogs when you go off trail into deep snow conditions? As long as you’re running on the trail, it runs fine, but off into the powder and the problem occurs.
Solution? This can be caused by a number of things, but the first thing the gang at Starting Line Products asks is, “Are your exhaust joints sealed with a high temperature silicone, including the silencer-to-bellypan outlet?”
What they have found is the majority of riders are not sealing the silencer outlet to the belly pan. The sleds don’t come this way from the factory, it is something that you have to do additionally. When you run in deep snow, the silencer outlet can get capped (momentarily blocked) off by snow and the exhaust comes back in under the hood. You’d be amazed at how this happens in deep snow, where the spent gasses take the path of least resistance - often up through the airspace between the outlet and the hole in the belly pan.
The exhaust gases are then sucked into the airbox because, in deep snow, the air intake is often partially plugged with snow and the air box vacuum will increase. This exhaust gas has no oxygen in it and thus will not burn. The engine will immediately go rich and the sled will bog.
Sealing the exhaust at all joints and at the silencer to belly pan connection will correct this problem. SLP recommends Permatex brand “Ultra Black” silicone part number 589B, which can be found at most automotive parts stores or can be purchased directly from SLP. As simple as this may sound, it can make all the difference between a good ride in deep powder or a terrible one.

Posted in Service & Tuning Notes | No Comments »

From SnowTech Magazine. Hate to resurrect a dead thread, but reading that article seems to make sense, and I know that there are a few that may still be having this problem.

tekim:D

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been paying to much attention to this thread as it was dead a long time ago, i will try blocking of the hole in the bellypan, thanks for your help EVERYONE.

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Im having the same problem with my 98 polaris 700. We finally got some decent drifts, i took it out, and after i went through them, my sled started to bog. I have to drive it around a bit until it clears and then go again. Im not sure if its from snow maybe getting into the airbox or from it plugging up the pipe which was mentioned earlier? Ive got the stock exaust on it, and all the foam in the proper places for the airbox. thx

Top Bottom