Lost in the West

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hobbies lead to innovation that feed back into working life,,, rotating cycle of endless let's say.

Always add to each category of endless as it fuels the next dream.

Take one thing too make the next, pop rivet robot becomes a wielding computer. Then it grows from there.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay the path too expand into other fab tools.

Buy products that others will not and excel by using these rare irons into industry.

The trick is to buy frugal and in bulk supplies.

One could say that farming lead the way too manufacturing, and manufacturing leads to more farming.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada relies on trade, out with one product too bring in another.

Both industries feed the system, and other ideas in each category,,, a mile long and 1" deep. Odd areas are a mile deep by 1" wide as they are specific to that area only.

Of course it's all about the geese for our family, Ha.

Trucks drop off 1 goods as they return with others for the plants.

Relieves have seen many loads hauled both ways, the fuels the machine.

Their operations feed the chain, it keeps the whole thing running.

Our Pops lives for this stuff as a small town farmer seen this after the depression years from Big Stone Alberta.
His passions is the key that kept this family adventure going.

Glad to share in the smallest of small in the big picture, humans fuel a better life, it is up to us too ask where this line is too be drawn.

We need industry and habitat both, kinda like finding the happy middle grounds so our Americas can be the best place too live.

I share this with all,,, "We can count our blessing from day one since we we're born here, others have come to join in. This is good as consider this for our youngers that follow.

Darn lucky we are as we share in the building of an America in years ahead."

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to be back in Home Land, Onda is ready to rock.

Did the 50 hour adjustment as it will hold up till spring check over soon too follow.

My plan is too think of tracks as a separate thing opposite of quad first.

Then consider them as a team when in use.

Extra back up supplies are in stock on unit for the just incase thing. Wize to have it if needed.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabin on Wheels West this morning too all new riding area for Donkey & Kow.

Time too explore the frozen beyond as it opens the door too new lands.

Lucky the unit gets awesome mileage,,, no carbon tax issues in my world.

Lem

gdvross

Reaction score
Hi Lem , I used to work on those self unloaders when I got out of high school that looks like an older one. Looks like you where I Hamilton went there many times unloading iron ore on boats like that.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers gdv, The Hammer it is, shipping was shutting down in the next few days, so those that want out past the locks need too get unloaded and scat.

Kow & Donkey we're pretty happy this morning too get underway for a ride.

Took us a few kicks at the can too find the right trail, its been many years since I've been too hidden Lake along the foot hills.

Trail was over grown, but the chain-saw made short work of opening it up.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Temps are nice, but she snowing pretty good on this side of the mountains. Heavy snow.

Drove around all day fogged in, Ha. Lots of standing up time.

The Onda is packing some weight now as the under chassis is full.

Looks like I get a New Years over nighter with Kow & Donkey, we wish the best too all for the year 17.

May all your adventures be fun with family and friends.
Good weather with blue skies.

Reporting from "Lost in the West" pals Lem, Kow & Donkey

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year too all as 2017 OHV is under-way.

Here's too dirt in your eyes, grit in your teeth, and wet too the britches on all of our adventures.

From All-ways Pals Kow, Donkey and the Lem.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back at yha dooxfx, best too the all of you.

Today is brand new with a foot of ++ fresh on-top the already,,, 2' ish on the flats,,, and darn deep in the hollows.

Guess that some are well over the Onda handle bars, Ha. "Not willing too find-out either.

All medium too hard pack in bottom layers.

Little 18hp Onda will be struggling in 4th, so 1st too 3rd,,, all good as pin-it is for the fast-track boys, Ha.

Meet up with Calgary seismic folk as they are packing 7 Ondas with tracks and the other 6 on tires, one of the tire units is already stuck in the bush from the get-go as 2 track units go too retrieve.

It's like snowmobile heaven out here in the Eastern Slopes less the sleds, LOL.

Seen a few sled tracks yesterday as she now track adventures in most areas out here,,, tire units might still work, but it will be tuff going from here on in.

Reporting from hard pack snow drift with open cut-line cell service Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx Imdoo'n, happy trails today as there are more that are log-jam free with mighty chain-saw.

The little ravens are short, but they are some nasty too climb out of with tracks.
Doesn't look steep in photo, bit both sides are close to the 45 mark.

Put in my 2 too 3 hours work and the rest of the day was free time, its always like this in the rides plan.

Fix adventure a bit and ride alot too make the day worth while.

Plus it allows others too explore free of downed trees.
All win win for the masses.

Pal Lem opening up what's all ready there.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for the 2nd check over on tracks, more of the overall program too make sure everything in working.

Boggys are a must since they keep the little Onda up to speed.
Chatted with another track runner dude as he has gone threw a few boggys over the years,,, he is part way into his 3rd year.

All 3 of us that I know well have yet too bust a inner frame or A-arms too-date, Ha,,, pound on plastic since its hard to find wood un-less I'm surrounded by trees.

Hope the year 17 is as fun as the ones once lived less getting eaten by a Kow Moose or chased by a Grizzly Bear with the twinkle in his eyes. LOL

Lem on a life long adventure

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attention all, Calgary Motorcycle show this weekend, after that is Edmonton.

Been doing the show with the ADS/ Alberta Dual Sport folks from day one, and continue to do so at Calgary this year.

Lots of bikes, but OHV'S have been added.

No air-planes yet, Ha.

Hope those that enjoy simple outting and sighting new gadgets come out as its something too do on cold days.

I'll be working on and off on Saterday and sporting my ADS support shirt as all at the booth will be wearing.

Ha, my aka handle is Flash Gordon, or better known as Flash Kow.

Not sure if S&M have a booth there, but will be visiting all the venues as normal.

Pal Don,,, Brother Scratch won't let me wear the bear suit this year as it makes me pretty friendly. Ha.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u making friends with the bears now? just in case a grizzly comes to visit?;)

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, the furry bear suit is the best on kold days, nothing like having it turned in-side out with fur on the in-side. LOL.

Cabin on wheels toasty warm this morning.

Block heater, trickle charger & vegetable oil cab heater is like Arizona each morning, no snow or ice too clear either.

Love the frugal asperated 6 piston as it burns nill on fuel idling all day long. 2/ 1/2 too 3 gallons per 8 hours idle time.

I hope Ford brings back the 4 piston unit for folks like us that are mostly limited too local trips with in our 1600 kms/ 1000 mile stuff.

Then all of us can leave them running 24/7 365. Less carbon on start-up as today's gas motors when warmed up at idle hardly burn wiffers of fuel.

Think wise, frugal, and stay warm is my plan as I share in ideas for those of us that enjoy the outdoors in Canada's one time season called "Winntummer". LOL

-0c all day every day as its +18c in my Grizzly Bear suit, sometimes I let the back door swing open too prevent heat build up. Ha

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Onda.

She 1 years old now, lots of care free running so far.

Adventures begin with human behind the bars.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best photos of this 1 year was this area.

Ready for the steep and deep with tracks on board.

Always something new too see and returning is a plus now that all season travel is possible on 1 unit that fits all.

Kow & Donkey are having a blast too.

Thanks too all for joining in on good times as Lost in the West continues for years too come.

May your adventures continue all, as its S&M that makes it worth it while.

Pals Kow, Donkey, and Lem

Top Bottom