Lost in the West

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A visitor come calling tooday too wish us a Merry Chirstmas,,, old hungry eyes likes stopping by to say hello and get a old fashion belly rub, Ha.

Then a chance too look over another back up track unit in-case the snow gets deep, one needs too think ahead if a unit needs retrieving in the back-woods.

Then my long time Pal came up with new retrieve plan, go new turbo 172" or go home, Ha.

Pin it or go home.

All that know me can imagine what unit I picked.
That's right 1954 was the year of good quality iron, Ha.

Best ice-fishing shack going, and its water proof.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kimbasket Land Lock Lakers Boat, Ha.

Today was park Onda for Summer holiday in Southern Ontario, Frozen Sandy beaches, ice cube Lake shores, and kool brisk winds of Lake affect. LOL

Gear oil/diesel fuel under chassis rust check on both units.

Old lumber wagon gets'er done twice a year, knock on plastic as she shows no signs of rust,,, Ford got its first timer spray as it keeps road salts, calcium chloride crap at bay.

Best frugal cabin on wheels treatment too make things last. Always slow and steady in utility operations. Ha

Lem, more than just a pretty face you know. LOL

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
38f69f01bbcdee0b5df0932d5609f61b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this as one of our S&M brothers was wondering what we think and do in the off season of things,,, my reply too his thread reads :::

Nothing missed at my end either since adventurers have been on going since 1980's ish non-stop, "if part of the dream closes in on 1 quest, the next gets underway."

Sight-seeing is a 24/7-365 for all of us, Ha "most let's say."
Outting of camping, fishing, bon-fires, hiking, swimming along with boating, some kinda power sports if it fits in with the mix, visiting & relaxing can be part of it too.

Even work fits into this plan as its fun too assist others that share in the dream, plus the funds are tools in a way that extend part of value added, Ha.

Old pal put this out there as I share in its idea. "Never allow an adventure too end, one could consider it a 1/2 time brake as we resume the next leg of continuation.

That way we are on holidays all the time with no ending till our body's & minds say no more."

Purhaps I see this in my self as living life full-boar each day, every day, nothing like getting up every morning knowing that the adventure and dream is on-going all the time.

Family & Friends see this in your eyes, hear it from your voice, and feel it in your ever presents when they are around you.

This type of thought brings out the best in us knowing that our trip is on-going. LOL.

Typing from a city as my mind remains in the wilds out West.

Pal Lem

PS: Only one of many ways too live life full bore all day every-day, I'm sure others have their own ways too turn all the adventures into 1 long extended never ending outting, Ha.

Mine got underway in the 80's and its been a blast.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have to re-name the thread "Lost in the East." Ha.
My pops is living the dream by getting the chance to visit with friends & family on our Eastern side of Canada,,, 200 ++ trips out that way.

Mind you that he's travelled all the Americas about the same amounts of times,,, middle age farmer got the chance to adventure.

Ha, best Christmas time ever learning the history of our massive Island.

Merry Chirstmas too all from Pops of Lem Lamb as we wish the best too all and hope that many of you explore our lands wide.

From Pops, Lem.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50 years of showing folks the mother lands we live in, very wise to not leave anything out in history of our massive Americas.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to meet the pilot of our flight, very soft and fluffy,,, friendly follow, looked kinda tired too be flying, but someone has too getter done. Ha.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don with all that black hair you need a trim!!!
Have a good holiday

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, might get fuzzy bear too pack with me on Onda, Ha might fit in-side suit too. Ha.

Wish I brought unit out here since ditches are pretty full of snow out this way.

Banana Belt Ontario is winter wonder land, bring on the rain storm for Monday.

+10 if it plays out.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today is day 1 of industrial tour.

Manufacturing.

And Always farm stuff. Land handlers who feed the city's.

Kinda like a small warm up before getting into the good things, Ha.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36 hours in the land of change.

Jumped off the air-plane in what looked like winter wonder land, then here come the snow and fog off the Great Lakes. Ha.

Seems that Pappa Earth changed its mine and sent in the rain with +10 to +15c temps to take out the snow and replace it with green grasses that were waiting for spring,,, photos soon too follow.

Snowmobile trails area now closed as they melted and washed away, LOL. Looking like a back-up storm is waiting on the other side of the big lakes,,, who unknowns as we bunker down in spring like weather.

Pan Handle/ Banana Belt sees it all, as its in-line with Northern California less the coast weather patterns.

One minute its Snowmen, the next minute it's green lawns and dandy-lions, LOL.
We've seen + 20's to -20c give or take over the years out this way,,, so we blame it on climate change caused by gravity of Mars, Ha.

Reporting from land up-over right left of center beside the middle of no where some where !!!

Photos too follow Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pops is mostly farm Ag, its always been part of his workings growing up, and sharing the history of it from generations of long ago.

Heavy rains did most of the snow in last night.

Winter wheat crops will fair good as long as they don't get extended lengths of -20c

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Relatives jumped on board with Ethanol plants since they grow lots of corn out here. Wize to have secondary plan in farming.

Then off too the farm tours.
Holstein beef cattle too feed the towns and cities.

Just getting into the big stuff towmorow, very busy family.
Their hard work helps all of us here in the Americas at living a quality life style.

Kinda like industrial operations but in a much smaller scale.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Sun had too work double over time too catch us on rewind from the Hammer/Hamilton, Ha

More photos too post when we get back to mission control.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for the warning, calling RCMP, CSIS, FBI, CIA now. should be a big meet n greet when you touch down;):party:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish at times that we have weather like this in our winters, +10c is pretty nice at times

This was my cousins first build 30 years ago.
Flat deck trailer made into a hopper bottom corn trailer, $800 to buy and $400 in iron too fab.
Truck cost about $1000 ish.

Much different story today.

Sold his first trailer and bought a break and shear,,, rotated the funds too build an adventure.

Steel fab days are rapping up as aluminum leads the way.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One day he woke up and realized that 1 tool make you funds, so he started buying bulk and never looked back. Ha

Grab onto your rocket, and hold on for the ride he says. LOL.

Go big or go home, think out side the box, and put in the hours.

All folks need a hobby, and cousins is pretty big adventure as its all about the trucks that got the Americas up and running.

And he has collected many of them close and abroad.

Make a shop for the passion as it fuels the dream.

Top Bottom