Lost in the West

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a good lookin view here lem. glad to see the tracks working for you

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moved in land due to high wind forecast.
UTV tracks take some power to slug threw this sticky snow, but so would an Elan 250 wide track, Ha.

Lots of Punch it too day.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't tell from pic, but that looks like snow blowing around near the ground? :dontknow:

looks like you are on top of snow from what i can see of tracks!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was nasty on East bound hwy night run as it was covered in snow.

So inland move too thick bush cover incase the winds show up. Tight fit cut-lines if one plans ahead.

So far so good as the sun temps are in the +'s, open valley leads to some awesome trails between the 2 rivers.

Took the time too do some tree limb removal.

Old hill don't look step, but one only needs to stand at the base and look up thinking of plan B. Donkey doesn't like plan B. Ha

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 rollys hills leads too thin side of the main/main River that no-one travels in the summer time as its boggy in many parts. Best time too see it,,, ok,,, only time too see it is winter time.
Ain't frozen it's alot of work to not go the full length.

Big Beaver house back here, and river locked from UTV's allows critters too hang calm and relaxed.

Seen lot's of critter tracks, so scouting for 3 hours paided off.

Kow Moose and Kalf come too check the 3 of us. Awesome too see them holding up after the harvest season.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And more of the closed in trails too fill the day, down tree removal, branch timing and general IGS "Indian Guiding System mapping for latter date rides.

Lots of snowmobiles on the main cut-lines, and only one trapper sled here in the thick stuff.

Lem

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been tinkering in the West country as the temps are warm out there, snowmobile trails are taking a bett'en.

A few more days of this and sled season will be done, any fluffy fluff we had is now caption crunch, and them there hills will be skating rinks,,, Ha,,, nothing like a rink on a 45 degree angle.

Winter ain't over by a long shot as more will follow in the weeks too follow, "We hope".

Unit is ready to rock for up and coming weekend as good times await.

Lost is the best, Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been tinkering in the West country as the temps are warm out there, snowmobile trails are taking a bett'en.

A few more days of this and sled season will be done, any fluffy fluff we had is now caption crunch, and them there hills will be skating rinks,,, Ha,,, nothing like a rink on a 45 degree angle.

Winter ain't over by a long shot as more will follow in the weeks too follow, "We hope".

Unit is ready to rock for up and coming weekend as good times await.

Lost is the best, Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the chance today too give my old rock a big hello, Ha.
This is 1 of the many areas I enjoy too visit, chimney rock is the highest in its range, and well worth seeing it for those of us that enjoy to out-doors.

And its easy too get too once one learns the trails by sled or UTV/OHV,,, useless farm quad with tracks can get up close too it too.

Snow Shoes help, Ha.

More too come as I spent the best part of the day riding, and did I log on the crazy miles with lots of fuel.

Stay tuned as there's more to come in Lost in the West.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the night under the stars, and taking in the sun rise with coffee in hand,,, from the frugal cabin on wheels that is.

Darn chilly up against these rocks this time of year,,, cold snap rolled through last week. Good thing the little 1000 Wat gen-set powered up the cab heater for a warn and cozy sleep.

It's along ways back too the old play ground that buddy and I started doing in 1994 or 8 by sled,,, followed by years of using an old Onda farm quad too.

One can zip the "MAIN" trail in a 1/2 hour, but one would miss the awesome views along the way. "So much too take in as life slows down when surrounded by spectacular mountain and river views at every turn."

So the plan was set long ago too drive slow, save on fuel for distance, and stop many times for coffee breaks and take pictures.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Limited for words when the view is awesome on the main,,, and it only gets better when climbing the heights of the many spur lines.

Looks close on zoom, but this mountain is the better part of a long days walk,,, lucky I'm packing a unit with tracks too idle along at my own pace.

We brought the kids along 3 too 4 times, but they wanted to ride the area at a faster pace, so we had too fit in the best we could,,, after a few test runs with them it was easier to send them ahead with "marker tape" in hand so they could mark the spur they we're on. Ha.

All family and friends know this land mark since its not going anywhere. Past it is where the trail really begins.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if any-one has a spare motor kicking around, this old school hoe is yours for the taking, Ha.

No shortage of creek crossing

And every time I adventure I spot other valleys worth traveling into.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good too have super zoom since it cuts the miles in half, Ha.

There are a few spots that need throttle as one dose not want to hang out in slide areas,,, "Stop, get a good look, and giver."

8 of them too be wize too.

Then it's all safe going after that.
Lots of rock giants too take in, spur lines in many directions too.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little UTV farm Onda is getting a work out, and its packing extra extras of everything plus extra fuel and supplies.

Lots of twists and turns too close in on the Chimney Rock.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These bowls are "South ish of the Chimney Rock. Sled folks do the lower basins as heli ski folks do the top sections.

She's one massive area.

Now it's time too return too the North Y too close the gap on the tower.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was the original hut back in the day, sad to see it fading away as it was a grand warming up spot on flat light days, but that's the way it gose as times change.

Took a stab at another awesome spot, but no sleds have packed it down for easy going, so I'll check it out later in the year,,, it has its own story too tell from the old times.

Another day I'll share in its value too us that enjoy being in the loop.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few things to note about UTV TRACKS.

Medium too Hard pack is easy too get around on with tracks, but this un-set and light fluffy fluff snow is tuff going.
The air box on my unit needs some modding too that will prevent this snow from plugging off the air filter.

Pack lots of gas as this sugar snow needs lots of throttle, Ha. All 16hp was getting used in some spots,,, wasn't worth burning large amounts of fuel when I can view this areas once the snow settles.

PS: more too come later tonight as its worth sharing small peaces of our America.

Lem

Top Bottom