Lost in the West

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good plan Wild, that and I'm thinking of doing a high mount air tube since this fluffy snow thing is a constant, Ha,,, "only in the higher gears that is."

Air box doesn't pick-up snow at slow speeds as it doesn't kick up which is good.

Planning under-way for next ride.

Thanks again Bro

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slugging snow in Alberta versus BC.

Weather conditions play a role across Canada, and the stuff that I encountered out there compared too the local area I venture into is very different.

The thing that helped my unit slug it out on this ride was "sledders."

They packed it down at some point before I got there, this made a huge difference as my unit would perform better on this older packed down tracks a-possed too plowing my own in the un-touched stuff,,, "had it not been for these sled tracks, then it would of been hard for the UTV tracks too get back there.

A few times I tried too take the odd upward spur lines with out luck as the unit would dig down as it wanted too go, but no as gravity took over, Ha.

So 2 ideas come too mind on other Mountain rides.

1- Find areas that have had sled traffic
2- Hit areas up where the snow has had time too crunch/ settle.

I knew all along that UTV tracks have their limits, and expected that snow-pack and conditions of it play a big role in where they go.

A unit with lots of power would do much better than my little unit, but I'm using what I have since its bought and paided for. LOL.

I'm just happy getting off the porch, so it all works out, and going beyond my abilities is not in the plan at my young age,,, Ha.

Riding when I can is good, always finding frugal ways too do it with or with-out distance too keep it interesting.

Lem

PS: This 3 day outting was 856 kms with fuel, cooler of grocery store lunches that came in at $150 ish.
Not bad considering the comfort level and adventure.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 2009/10 my pal and I ran into 3 hard working young men that put up a small down hill ski hut, and what a awesome job as they truly have Hart-spark for the great out-doors. Hiking, skiing and living in the wilds when they can.

A hut for all too share in and super nice men that are always willing to share on the history and tails of the Mountain secrets.
And the hut looks out over one kool area.

And the hut offers this view from in-side.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the Valley of good times and dreams that come true on every return.

And another part of extended valley beyond.

Some folks find the area bland, that's ok as we each find what fits our Grove,,, mine happens to be sight seeing and relaxed 8/25-366 days since I need extra time in my lifetime. Ha.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knock on plastic as Onda is 1 + years old with numbers I'll not see again.

Kms too hours work out the 13 kph over all.

This is a shy slower than the past 7 units I've owned, and the 14 in the farm life.
Most of them came in at 14 too 17 kph.

Another plus too this outting was rolling back into Cow Town too top off the rig for the next outting.

Plan ahead for this stuff makes it worth its while as frugal allows distance.

Hope all enjoy the posts as BC UTV/OHV stuff is getting going,,, another month and a bit and we can spin those tires that await good times ahead.

Bro Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, your welcome as I darn near bailed as my thumbs were not game for the cold morning start, LOL.

I soon remembered I have heated grips, so I buckle down to get at it. I too at times need remember my gramps hooking up the horses too feed and bed the cattle every morning all the time.

It remains in my mind that I have force my self too get moving inspite of my cold morning starts,,, once in route my mind switches over too good times.

I/we do it for work, so it needs to remain easy to do it for ourselves in passion of adventures.

Appreciation of each day no matter what.

"""Not""" hard core Lem, HA

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wandering tracks will travel !!!
Today's 1 day out was same area as normal, but going to a spot never seen.

And 1 heck of a nice day on top of that.

Finally after all these years I get a chance to see what I've been missing in this 12 X 20 ish km block.

Massive distance on this side of the world.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure don't look like any ride able snow there at all, Don?

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knowing what I know now means that there will be many more adventurs into this area. Lots of hidden cut-blocks, cut-lines, slash & pipe trails in many directions.

The limiting factor that is good is its divided by a river.

Too funny, the day that the snow is set-up is the time that I suit up for flying snow. Ha.

It worked out good as the winds whipped up Any-who.
And I look good in green,,, reminds me of the planet I came from before landing here as an alien refugee.
. LOL.

Had too start early this morning, so bon-fire lunch came early. Yum Yum.

After lunch was river bank adventure of awesome, and a chance to see more on the other outtings.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many spur trails to and from the main that I spent part of the day exploring the cut-blocks and furry critter tracks.

And Always in sight of the river from many vantage points.

Beautiful area that I would of missed had I not said too my self,,, "Lem, you need too check out spots in the block that you normally drive past."

Yuppers as Kow & Donkey are game too see this area for sure.
They would of come, but Donkey had some school home-work too catch up on, and Kow attended a Birthday party with all the other Kows at the farm. Ha.

Even plastic critters have things that come-up. Responsibilities for all living the farm life style.

I wanted too stay longer, but there is chance on the next outting too expand this area with more time and fuel.

Tracks rocked today as the snow has crunched, and the warm temps will get the rubber tire units moving soon.

OHV/UTV grand opening 2017 is darn near here.
Get ready boys & girls as I'll post more next week if long shift work dosen't get in the way.

Lem chasing David Thompson's dream.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Ryan Jesperson was talking about Lem Lamb on the air this morning.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ryan Jesperson was talking about Lem Lamb on the air this morning.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
So what was the deal with this? Like we all know lem lamb is awesome but what was he saying?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lem Lamb is just a normal dude that enjoys all kinds of out door activities. Ha.

Today for example is another top of a mountain trip that I've been to many a times.

It is my office too the world, and for all users alike as I expressed too Ryan Jespersen.

Snowmobile and OHV is a way of life now days as it allows those of us with disabilities too keep getting out with ease.

Might be -20 c with 50 mpr wind gust up here. But that's just part of staying fit and wize too the elements that Pappa Earth throws our way

Crown land is for all, and respecting this privilege is a true houner.

More too come as I dream what we can all contribute to too keep all of our dreams and passions alive in days forward.

Frozen pal Lem above the 6000 foot mark of awesome

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had too duck down into the trees for survival mode, nice to have packed down trail that makes for easy travel and non frozen thumbs too post.

Always nice too find a fire for dinner time, and no better place for this then the top of a mountain.

As I sit here thinking my thoughts threw I wonder if Rachel Notley and Shannon Phillips would like to go for a OHV ride in Alberta's home land.
I could share stories about the Americas, and how OHV along with many other means of travel builds tourism that feeds cities and the people that live in them.

I bet 10 too 1 that they would have stories too tell for the rest of their lives as I share the passion of easy good times that many of us share in.
And it would give them a chance to ride and explore beyond the walking way of doing things.

Life is grand if one shows the way it is that so many of us dream and live.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, I would of loved too do the Leithbridge rally today, but it was time too do the Camoplast ride for pumpkin.

Sponsored by Little red useless Onda farm UTV.

Most of my thanks goes to crown land mountain tops that support our needs. With out them we'd have to hang out in the cities and let life dwindle away.

Life is grand at 6000 feet, even more fun at 14.000 from Pikes Peak West of Colorado Springs.
She's some Sweeeeet up there.

Lem

Top Bottom