Looking for best riding area in bc for beginners

Summit806

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm trying to get the old lady into mountain riding. What would be the best area to start?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clemina in valemount is a good area as well for newbies, nice big new cabin and lots of low elevation riding around the creek and meadow

NZjosh

Reaction score
Quartz creek in golden is good, 15km to cabin lots of flat places to learn

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boulder at Revy, nice groomed trail nice cabin and easy groomed access to the alpine.
All the popular areas should be great to start out

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crowfoot is a great beginner area but a bit on the far side from Edmonton. Allen Creek has a nice short ride in and some good simple terrain around the cabin.

Summit806

Reaction score
Awesome thank you everyone that replied so quickly. Probably plan a trip mid December to valemount/mcbride area!! Thanks again!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe don’t say dumb stuff to a guy asking a serious question. Especially a beginner.

like sking, yer buds always take ya to the black diamond runs. a few easy area's before and around the lake. best to stay out on an overcast or snowy day, as the snow definition is bad,

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
otherwise, silent pass is good, quartz creek, lots of family friendly riding area's.

Quattroman

Reaction score
Yep, another vote for Clemina. The wife an I usually head there, nice cabin, a variety of easy terrain to learn and explore

Top Bottom