Looking for a Stihl Saw Carb

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no such thing as crap gas anymore. All comes down to maintenance/storage and additives you use especially when it comes to fuel stabilizers as they are not all compatible with ethanol based fuels. Iv only ever had 1 issue with all my equipment when i put a non compatible stabilizer in ethanol based fuel turned the fuel in the carb to jello. But to each their own if people want to use the high priced alternatives then so be it no right or wrong on this one. Only time i ever bought the high priced stuff is i wanted the can for my atv to transport fuel in since you cannot find the same size fuel cans anymore. Found out my chainsaw will also run of diesel LOL... just a real pain to get it to shut off..

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha this is hilarious to read.. no/never any need to run special fuel. My chain saw sits on the front of my atv and gets abused and no matter how long it sits will start by the 3rd pull, same with my 2 brush saws, leaf blower, pole saw, larger chain saw, and 1/2 dozen other gas powered pc of equipment including my pc of crap lawnmower that will lay buried under 5 feet of snow over the motor and starts the second pull every time after winter.. leave the tanks full and it will take more than a year for it to evaporate. The Op is right and the carb should have been replaced long ago instead of just tossing carb kits in it after the first time.

No way in hell anyone can convince me to use crap gas anymore, i was tired of replacing recoils and rebuilding carbs. It would be interesting to see what every ones mix is on their small engines, i know i am 50 to 1

no such thing as crap gas anymore. All comes down to maintenance/storage and additives you use especially when it comes to fuel stabilizers as they are not all compatible with ethanol based fuels. Iv only ever had 1 issue with all my equipment when i put a non compatible stabilizer in ethanol based fuel turned the fuel in the carb to jello. But to each their own if people want to use the high priced alternatives then so be it no right or wrong on this one. Only time i ever bought the high priced stuff is i wanted the can for my atv to transport fuel in since you cannot find the same size fuel cans anymore. Found out my chainsaw will also run of diesel LOL... just a real pain to get it to shut off..

one word...well, maybe two words....SEAFOAM...just use it...
For many years , I have put it in all my small engine stuff, Stihl Blower, chain saw, string trimmer...lawn tractor, lawn mower, snow blower, pressure washer,, snowmobiles.... etc....all these thing sit for months ....starts up with no issues every time. Just do it.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
haha this is hilarious to read.. no/never any need to run special fuel. My chain saw sits on the front of my atv and gets abused and no matter how long it sits will start by the 3rd pull, same with my 2 brush saws, leaf blower, pole saw, larger chain saw, and 1/2 dozen other gas powered pc of equipment including my pc of crap lawnmower that will lay buried under 5 feet of snow over the motor and starts the second pull every time after winter.. leave the tanks full and it will take more than a year for it to evaporate. The Op is right and the carb should have been replaced long ago instead of just tossing carb kits in it after the first time.
What fuel do you use?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P5290215.jpg

235 husky parts on ebay $28.00 USD

new carb, gasket,fuel line,gas filter, cdi, spark plug, primer bulb, air filter, wire harness, what ever is in pic

3 weeks to get here

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need for Seafoam with aspen, and less wear on you piston and jugs as well...here is the proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zumaW5jc8aA
Lmfao, fuel does not wear the piston

Sh! T oil does, and my saw probably has 50 cords and is 12 plus years old

Never been apart other than one carb kit ( used buddy's gas when group fire wood day, and somehow it was engine oil mix he used not 2 smoke oil)

I've used what ever for mix oil, usually skidoo oil mixed, and sea foam when it sits

You kinda have a boner for this aspen stuff, do ya have some shares in the company???

Reactions: win

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That black residue is Carbon, carbon is abrasive. Is running a saw with more oil better? Just trying to let people know there is a product out there that will make life way easier for them. It is so much nicer knowing the carburetors will not be gummed up, not one puff of smoke in any of my 2 strokes either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPr21IE2A0

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will also add this, some of my engines did not run right at all after switching to aspen fuel until all the crap got cleaned out... what ever that might have been.

Top Bottom