looking for a shop to paint my 1969 Mustang

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there are some awesome shops out there that do beautiful but with their prices in the $15 to $25 k it just wont happen. Maybe I out to lunch I would like to spend about $5k and anyone knows a good shop I would really appreciate it

Attachments

• 1969 mustang.jpg
    1969 mustang.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 164

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Call brothers autobody...... He's done lots of restos and hot rods and he'll conform to your budget....... 780- 468-4284 ...... He's done lots of work for us and family and friends and customers of our shop. Ask for ron........ Another foot tall and he'd be round....... Jus' sayin' :) lol

cobraclone

Reaction score
Talk to Murray at So-Cal in Spruce. They do awesome work there and cater to classic cars.
You have a good looking car there, a $5000 paint job might look like a $5000 paint job. Something to consider.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u arnt going to find anything for $5000 u could go to macco and get there $299 paint special ;)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Spend the extra cash and get er done right. It's much too nice a car to throw a cheap paint job at.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think of it as THE LAST PAINT JOB THIS CAR WILL EVER NEED...

Appraise it, and compare it to one with good paint....because it will show, and you shouldn't skimp IMO.

How is the body?

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the body is pretty good, just a bit of rust on the rear fenders.

Is it just me or what, but why is there really not any options between cheap and $20k?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not go to maaco, their work is absolute crap and they don't stand behind it.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since you are in Spruce have you been to Adams autobody? Straight shooters, not cheap but at least they won't BS you. Was shocked a few days ago-took wife's car in for appraisal and it was half of what I thought.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there are some awesome shops out there that do beautiful but with their prices in the $15 to $25 k it just wont happen. Maybe I out to lunch I would like to spend about $5k and anyone knows a good shop I would really appreciate it

Nice Stang!

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the body is pretty good, just a bit of rust on the rear fenders.

Is it just me or what, but why is there really not any options between cheap and $20k?

There is, but probably not in this province anymore. If it has rust on the rears you may be looking at new quarter panels and that is where the money really starts adding up. It's more the labor of the bodywork than the blowing of paint on it. I know of a guy that is out by Legal that works from home and is very reasonable and can do pretty nice work. PM me if you are interested.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well since you are in Spruce have you been to Adams autobody? Straight shooters, not cheap but at least they won't BS you. Was shocked a few days ago-took wife's car in for appraisal and it was half of what I thought.

i did talk to them, they said they are not doing any cars right now because they cant find qualified guys and there is way more money in collision repair

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did talk to them, they said they are not doing any cars right now because they cant find qualified guys and there is way more money in collision repair
I have been told this many times more money in insurance work then completes.
I am in the same situation you are in i am stalled on my project with the body am currently looking into hauling it state side good luck if you find someone post him up would like to keep my money in the province but find it hard to justify paying what they are asking.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe get it done at NAIT or SAIT you pay for the supplies and have some young people with there teacher fixer up just a thought

Top Bottom