Long Lake area

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys
LLake does it again, it's been snowing all day and we picked up another 4 inches, not alot but it all helps
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Merry Christmas to all

Well got back from 3 lovely days in Ft Mc, They don't have a lot of snow this year, quite a surprise, makes it easy to do freeze down but no snow to make snert, which will make for rough winter roads.

Well we got the snow here at the lake, not tons but you will go for a great ride and not burn the sliders off your sled. I hope the graders didn't get to the roads on the east side of the lake that will make for some fun on the Oil field roads.
I see the trucks are on the lake, seems to be about 10 to 12 inches of ice.
Please stay off the north creek, the south end of the creek is still open, I know where to look you probably don't please believe me, I was there last sunday, skirted the the west side of it and you can smell it and see the depressions in the snow. And for those who do fall in, call me and I'll help with the rescue.

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday

See you on the trails

Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks just a few snaps from todays ride. The last one is what we call a "Long Lake Nugget" I was only crawling when I came over a a little hill a smoked that thing. Good thing Yamaha builds them tough.
The pipe line is poor, there is't quite enough snow.
There seems to be more snow closer to the lake. I guess it doesn't matter we are still riding.
The Long Lake Ski hill Is open through the xmas break.
See you on the trail
Don

Attachments

• dec 26 09 001 [1280x768].jpg
    dec 26 09 001 [1280x768].jpg
    97 KB · Views: 58
  • dec 26 09 004 [1280x768].jpg
    dec 26 09 004 [1280x768].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 60
  • dec 26 09 005 [1280x768].jpg
    dec 26 09 005 [1280x768].jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 59

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Sorry we are having a bit of a snow drought, I was down towards the southend of the lake and it was ok but don`t get off the beaten track, land mines everywhere. It is just a bit to coool to ride so Iàm wearing out the DVD and the internet.
See you on the trail
Happy New Year
Don

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-30 this am and wind gusting 20km/hr making it feel like below -40 Not a nice morning at all. What snow was around has now blown away. (&(*(*))()_.

redeye

Reaction score
Heading out to the lot at Amisk on Sunday, was going to take the sled but it sounds like it might be better off taking the quad for a rip.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Put 50 k on today, but dam it's cold, the wind was from the south east and you would think it's right from the artic.
We are riding but it's thin.
see you
Don:snowmobilers_wave:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode from Block 1 on Jan 2 and it was OK . Need more snow for the deep lug machines. It was cool in the morning (-18 C) but no wind and it was a great day of riding. We had one guy drop his leg thru the ice on the creek when we stopped but no issues. Just need a few more inches to avoid the odd rock in the community pasture. Also need to find the right trail to get us to the main pipeline that takes us to the Iron Horse Trail to Smoky Lake ( I guess we needed to travel further east ). Switch will post pictures.

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi ZAR

If you can find the main pipe line you will travel south east until you reach hwy 855, back up about 200 meters and you will see a trail on your right side (south west ) if you get on that trail you will know your on the right trail because you are following a fence line due south, it will take you to the road that circles Hanmore lake, stay on that road or go onto the lake go south east to the cabin area then back on the road to hwy 855. You will be approx 10 km north of hwy 28 and the Iron Horse trail , you will have to ditch ride unless you know the back country.
If it sounds Greek I'm sorry but thats one way to get you there from Long Lake.

Don

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Zar said here's some pic's from Saturday's adventure, good time was had by all and as someone said life is what you make it.

Attachments

• DSC00434.JPG
    DSC00434.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00435.JPG
    DSC00435.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00441.JPG
    DSC00441.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00442.JPG
    DSC00442.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 48

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see you guys had a good time, Long Lake is vast area and there's nothing but fun to be had.
I have been riding this area since 1982 and still have not hit all the trails.
Don

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with the updates and knowing the snow ain't the greatest. But we are heading to the cottage at skeleton and will be touring around. If anyone is going up or wants to meet up with us let me know. We will be riding sat and sun and east of Long Lake and south of Amisk- near the reserve.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be riding more south of Long Lake Sunday. Close to Brier and White Earth.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to be pulling on the rope on sunday getting the old machines going. Sorry to be the jinx but with my luck after they are going the snow will be gone within a week or 2
:)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride at the farm and in the White Earth Valley. Pretty skinny on the snow for this time of year but enough for a good ride. Kids had a blast driving and at the toboggan hill. Sixteen of us all together. The 550 Super Sport is the new favorite sled for my girls, sled never stopped until it was time to go home.:d:d

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride at the farm and in the White Earth Valley. Pretty skinny on the snow for this time of year but enough for a good ride. Kids had a blast driving and at the toboggan hill. Sixteen of us all together. The 550 Super Sport is the new favorite sled for my girls, sled never stopped until it was time to go home.:d:d

5 of use were out there saturday , sketchy but still a good day

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
This year's snow conditions reminds me of the 90's when we had a a skinny foot of snow. We then loaded up and went to the Wandering river May tower area, this year it's even thin there. So I guess we stop whining, come out to the lake and enjoy the warm weather and go for a ride on the sled or the quads.

Have a great safe weekend
Don

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be back out there on Saturday, kids want to try wear out their Super Sport!!!:d

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Went for a ride on the Rhino yesterday, good thing I didn't take the sled, the snow is hard and thin after last weeks higher temps. The roads on the east side of LL have been plowed down to the dirt, its making for tough sledding. Saw a few quads and the odd sled. OK guys start banging the snow drums.

See you on the trails
Don

Top Bottom