Long Lake area

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys remember only 25 ? more days untill snowmobiling at the Lake
Well guys winter storm warnings for Boyle and Caslan, here we go!!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Went for a quad ride to Cricket Lake today, we are all going to need our chain saws for the first part of the snowmobile season, the dead fall due to the fire eight years ago is pluging up the trails. The leaves will be changing in a few weeks, Long Lake is the most beautiful place to be at.
The trails are dry and you can quad anywhere, bring the family out and see some country
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks, we had our first snow of the year last night and that is rare for the first week of October at LLake . This could be the start of a beautiful snow season . 50 more days until we are snowmobiling at the lake.

Happy Thanksgiving
Don

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don, I'll be up there most of the winter. I have a cottage at skeleton so lets keep in touch. I usually ride with my boy down the pipeline as this will be his second year on the sled.

Tom

sled

Reaction score
Also have cabin at skeleton lake.will be there more this winter then last year.
CATPRIDE what side of the lake you on I am on the north side harnaha beach.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys the weather just keeps on getting better. We got another 2 inches last night and its still here. Had the old phazer out today and gave it a rip. The first time I ever drove a sled at LL ON SNOW on the 8th of Oct.
Keep on dreaming
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Well it's time to put all your energy into the Snow Dance, hope to have another year at Long Lake like the last few.
I will give snow and ice depth reports again this year, remember the ice depths will be where I take them and not everywhere on the lake.
I was involved in two personal injury wrecks last year, a broken wrist and a smashed mouth, being the safety guy there was no problem, a good first aid kit goes a long way, make sure yours is up todate and if not please look after that.
I picked up a SPOT locator this year and have been having fun learning how to use it.

Well, have a great fall and I will see you on the trail at Long Lake this winter

Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks the lake has started to tighten up, the north end is frozen and one good night and the big end will be the same. The trails are dry and the all the small water holes have approx one inch of ice.

Keep thinking cold guys, it's working

Don

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been up to Long Lake camping, but never to sled. Nice riding up there???

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been riding at the lake since 1982 and it is a hidden gem. approx 1000 km of ungroomed trails, very few fences and very good snow.
Don

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May have to check it out, do they hold events there? or do you post on here when ur goin in advance and inviting S&M members along? I'm always looking to ride new areas and meet folks along the way, even if theres a bit of a drive.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is alot of places to play off the trails or if it is frowned at:(. Live a couple of hours away and am looking to find some new places to ride got a trailer this year so going to broaden the horizons.:beer:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klswine and Worktoride the only issue is, if you pound the snow down before I get there. The Long Lake area as I refer to it is about 30 miles east to west and 50 miles north to south, there is several prov. grazing leases, a Metis settlement, Long Lake Prov. Park and cabin area and the rest is crown land. There is some fencing so you have to be cautious like you would anywhere, You should go with a friend that knows the trails or a good GPS there's lots of trails and on a grey day they are all the same. Come and explore.
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys the big lake froze over last night, and the north end narrows has about 1 inch of ice, it will go fast now but please stay off for at least 2 weeks to be safe.
Don

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klswine and Worktoride the only issue is, if you pound the snow down before I get there. The Long Lake area as I refer to it is about 30 miles east to west and 50 miles north to south, there is several prov. grazing leases, a Metis settlement, Long Lake Prov. Park and cabin area and the rest is crown land. There is some fencing so you have to be cautious like you would anywhere, You should go with a friend that knows the trails or a good GPS there's lots of trails and on a grey day they are all the same. Come and explore.
Don

Thanks Don, we might just try to get up there. Chances are you'll have snow berfore we do, might need a guide while we are up there:d:beer:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem I usually leave by 10:30 on saturday and around noon on sunday. Most of the time you will be back on the trailer by 4:00 - 4:30.

Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a few pictures of the riding areas at the lake.

Attachments

• 001 [1280x768].jpg
    001 [1280x768].jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 010 [1280x768].jpg
    010 [1280x768].jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 011 [1280x768].jpg
    011 [1280x768].jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom