Legal action

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i recently bought a vehicle out of alberta and i am located in sask, the guy told me it had been checked out and was good. took it to get safetied and had alot of stuff wrong and was missing the serial number on the door so now there is no way it can be registered in saskatchewan. the guy is refusing to give me my money back so what sort of legal action can i take?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i recently bought a vehicle out of alberta and i am located in sask, the guy told me it had been checked out and was good. took it to get safetied and had alot of stuff wrong and was missing the serial number on the door so now there is no way it can be registered in saskatchewan. the guy is refusing to give me my money back so what sort of legal action can i take?

3 5 7 magnum......

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you are kinda at fault for not haveing all this looked it before you bought it,

the guy said everything was good on it and told me that it would pass an inspection, the guy who inspected it said i legally have 30 days to get my money back

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have all the emails he sent me saying what good shape it was in and that everything worked and that it ran really well. the speedo doesnt work, the exhaust is illegal and the motor and trans leak. thats misrepresentation is it not?

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have the inspection report that the guy you bought it from supplied? if you have that AND something signed by him stating he would take the vehicle back then .....well, still probably not. you should have had all this done before paying him for it. sorry man but sounds like your stuck.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is a bunch of BS

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is 100% buyer beware, you cannot believe a seller about things you NEED to look at it for yourself, or a mechanic you trust. Most sellers are honest people but there is the odd guy trying to screw you.

However if the VIN was removed that is a HUGE problem, and you could possibly go back on him for that. But even that is tough.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you dragged your self into it, when you goto buy somthing always make sure you get the VIN, vehicle infomation, inspection reports, run searches and all that fun stuff, before your even close to handing the money over

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a lic mechanic, I tell everybody to take the vehicle some place else to get a quick check done before buying. It doesn't help now but you can't beleive alot of people anymore. Good luck with whatever you do.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a new hidden law in bc that even if it is sold as is where is you can get your money back in full with in 30 days of the sale. this law is called the lemon law. it was brought in last year sometime. small claims will fix it but Im not sure about the law in sask. worst case you do small claims and he still has to come to your town.(puts him out of some money that he will put in his counter claim but dont worry) if you do small claims add all your time and gas to go get the item and when you are asked what is your bottom line....you say you just want your money back for the item you bought that was defective. makes you look better that way. I took GM to small claims and kick there a$$ even though they had there big lawyers which small claims really does not like! look into it asap because time is an isue on this.

just my 4 cents lol

what is the guys name and address? lol

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, call a lawyer. The buyer beware principle is largely in effect here, but it seems like such a sad state of affairs when there doesn't seem to be anything you can do when you get screwed-over by some jackazz who is probably trying to support a drug habit or something. Not that it matters but, my morbid curiosity is getting the better of me...what was the vehicle and how much did you pay?. Money seems to be tight all-over but I would be inclined to go to small claims as suggested earlier just to make his life as uncomfortable and inconvenient as I could!...............or go with the 'magnum' approach (wine or gun...you choose):cool:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

The sticker might be missing from the door because the vehicle was in an accident,,,those stickers can't be reproduced..The vin. still should be on the lower left of the windshield.That has to be there.I can't believe you need a sticker on the door to get plates.Being a Autobody tech. myself if we change a door those stickers get tossed with the door,if you try to peel them off,they have lines that go across to make them unreadable.Good luck,i would call a lawyer or may be a cop if you know one good enough..The cop might be able to put a scare into the person........Worked for me at one time:beer:

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys:beer::beer:, the guys name is mark jacobsen, he is from red deer. the vehicle is 86 astro that i should have known better than to buy, it cost 1600, now that may not be much but i kinda need it for a winter vehicle which this was going to be. the guy told me that the vehicle and i have it all in writing, i also have emails from him that contradict other emails he sent me at first so im hoping i can get my money back

Attachments

• 9086b21_20.jpg
    9086b21_20.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 28
  • 4436fj7_20.jpg
    4436fj7_20.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 64514nj_20.jpg
    64514nj_20.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 23

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but i've got to, HOW could you buy something like that omg I wouldn't be caught dead near that thing......And illegal exhaust? Seems like common sense to me that if stacks are functional they ain't legal.

You pretty much screwed though, unless he is willing to take it back. From a legal standpoint you have absolutely nothing to stand on. If you sue someone wrongfully it will cost you in a countersuit.

Top Bottom