Kootenay Pass Area

braapin

Reaction score
With Sandpoint and Bonners Ferry getting hammered with snow, I assume Kootenay Pass is also. I was wondering if anyone has been riding up there yet and how the coverage was.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding Summit......Cough Cough!!

Hay Treeboy, that Chute at the Mother load has it let go with all this snow?

bigneily

Reaction score
I've ridden the pass area before , Not at the top tho. Some good riding, Will definitely be going again this year.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to even unload the quad in the summer and head into Boundary lake area, silly park rules. :D

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading over the pass today, Ya still some good riding in this area for sure outside the NCC.
Boundary Lk is that South side Char area? Some of the old roads around are grown over so much getting tough with the Jeep for summer exploring now. Sledding in the area a few years back, spring the snow was set up good and we covered a lot of ground found a few areas in and out you would normally never get in to.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading over the pass today, Ya still some good riding in this area for sure outside the NCC.
Boundary Lk is that South side Char area? Some of the old roads around are grown over so much getting tough with the Jeep for summer exploring now. Sledding in the area a few years back, spring the snow was set up good and we covered a lot of ground found a few areas in and out you would normally never get in to.

I would like to know how the snow is up behind your place. I doubt we will be making it out there over the holidays but will be for a week in Feb. Maybe earlier, hard to say.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup, Boundary lake is south side of highway closer to Creston, pretty sure it's all tied together in winter but not sure if you can get a quad from Char to Boundary in the summer. First time this fall for me on a quad up there, some good trails and a brand new cabin was under construction, must belong to the Creston club?

matm8snopro

Reaction score
Yup, Boundary lake is south side of highway closer to Creston, pretty sure it's all tied together in winter but not sure if you can get a quad from Char to Boundary in the summer. First time this fall for me on a quad up there, some good trails and a brand new cabin was under construction, must belong to the Creston club?
The new cabin was built by members of the kokanee snowmobile club in creston, I was back there 4 weeks ago and boundary lake was still open. Lots of creek crossing if you head up to the cabin from the lake. Snow was thin then, but its been snowing for a while now. I

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new cabin was built by members of the kokanee snowmobile club in creston, I was back there 4 weeks ago and boundary lake was still open. Lots of creek crossing if you head up to the cabin from the lake. Snow was thin then, but its been snowing for a while now. I

Thanks for the info! I figured it must be a club cabin, way too close to the main trail for someone's private shack! :D

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know how the snow is up behind your place. I doubt we will be making it out there over the holidays but will be for a week in Feb. Maybe earlier, hard to say.

Over the pass looks to be good! We could use some more snow, some areas are loaded up lot more then others just the way the storms have been blowin in. May go into Lost Lk today check it out. Give me a shout in Feb be great riding that time of season, have a good one.

Top Bottom