kinda dumb question...but I have tried everything!

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
Ya so before i even post this I know its a dumb question, but I seriously tried everything and had no sucess!!

My skid plate for my ltr rattles like a son of a beach*...I have tried everything possible that I can think of to get ride of this rattle, and have had no luck.....ended up removing it, and now its a nice ornament hanging in my garage!! Any input would be great and I will see how it goes...and if in the end nothing works....I will just leave it off! My brother has the ltr450 limited edition same skid plate and his doesn't do this at all.....wtf?

So thats my dumb question for the day! thing drives me nutz! lol

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
thanks guys.....but I have tried both...and even just a chunk square thicker rubber....nothing stops it from rattling!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be hitting somewhere else, keep digging you will eventually find it:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cut a piece of rubber, from an inner tube or a thin mudflap the exact shape of your skidplate and mount it between the plate and the case.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take that thick piece of rubber and glue a washer on each side for each bolt, drill out the hole in the middle and trim the rubber from the outside. Take these rubber/washer sandwich's and put them between the quad and the plate at each bolt hole, this will act as a spacer as well as rubber bushings. You can buy these I just don't know where.

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bolts you are hanging that thing with haven't been replaced have they?If so what you are using could be bottoming out and not tightening all the way.If that isn't it I would be making damn sure there is nothing that is toutching the plate as it will cause it. :beer::beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go and get a Heli coil kit. Bore out the old holes, insert the heli coils & put new bolts in.

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
thank you everyone for the tips! Im gonna give it a try again....and if it still rattles, its going back on the garage wall lol

ear plugs are only a temp solution lol....but made me chuckle!

and no its nothing with the exhaust....only time i get this rattle is with the skid plate on....once i removed it, it was gone

Thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom