Kakwa Riding Area

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come know body wants to hear about the naked native lady I seen geesh she was hot.:eek:

I live in Prince George and work in the ER so I see plenty of those... Nothing new. ;)

On a side note: Just a little fuel for this ridiculous fire... As the vice-president of the Prince George Snowmobile Club I have been sitting in with the Ministry Of Environment hammering out a renewed management resource plan for the Kakwa area. It is very clear that the continued support of our presence in this area is due to user numbers, which are comprised mainly of sledders with red and white plates. If only BC numbers were using the area we would be shut down by now. Also, support for continuing to monitor caribou and goat areas and re-evaluate the possible opening of closed areas is also obtained from strong user numbers. In other words, we either use it or lose it. So, no matter what color your license plate is, it is in everyone's best interest to learn to get along, promote user responsibility in these areas, and present a united front...

There will always be bad apples, but we all just have to be thankful for the areas we do have and play nice! ;)

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Prince George and work in the ER so I see plenty of those... Nothing new. ;)

On a side note: Just a little fuel for this ridiculous fire... As the vice-president of the Prince George Snowmobile Club I have been sitting in with the Ministry Of Environment hammering out a renewed management resource plan for the Kakwa area. It is very clear that the continued support of our presence in this area is due to user numbers, which are comprised mainly of sledders with red and white plates. If only BC numbers were using the area we would be shut down by now. Also, support for continuing to monitor caribou and goat areas and re-evaluate the possible opening of closed areas is also obtained from strong user numbers. In other words, we either use it or lose it. So, no matter what color your license plate is, it is in everyone's best interest to learn to get along, promote user responsibility in these areas, and present a united front...

There will always be bad apples, but we all just have to be thankful for the areas we do have and play nice! ;)
E.R In P.G yep you've probly have.Lol I was trying to change the subject tired of reading about B.C and Alberta PEE PEE fights Cheers Lets hope for early snow

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E.R In P.G ya you've probly have.Lol I was trying to change the subject tired of reading about B.C and Alberta PEE PEE fights Cheers Lets hope for early snow

Me too... I think it's pointless! Naked natives are definitely more interesting ;)

Top of the Torpy Mountain on Sunday: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380691888.621413.jpg

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
um 2 036 (800x600).jpg
Great meeting with a great club. Surprise surprise. No steve on the attendance sheet
If your not gonna be part of the soiution then STFU
Yep we head up at the end of year to clean cabin and parking lot every year love are riding area .Lets all work together and keep what we have .Cheers Sledmamma my wife would love to go riding with ya.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 160017Yep we head up at the end of year to clean cabin and parking lot every year love are riding area .Lets all work together and keep what we have .Cheers Sledmamma my wife would love to go riding with ya.

With any luck, I will get that chance... I never pass up an opportunity to sled with people who get the bigger picture :)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes us Alberta's are deff. The problem.... Are you upset about your hockey team?? Gas prices??? Taxes??

I'm not even a true blue Albertan I'm a maritimer. But since I've come to Ab I'm pretty sure it's not the Albertan in people that makes them douches. More the attitudes of the people like you who just can't be open minded and feel the need to attack other based on a province.....

Your are a true attribute to the BC sledding community and will surely make BC a better place by spreading your animosity to the masses by way of a public forum that is overly populate with people from the province you hate...... If you want to preach your holier than thou art propaganda take it else where.

If I didn't know too many awesome people from BC I guess based on your attitude all BCers would be pompous, over compensating, tree humping douches who have nothing better to do with their time than try to bash others to make themselves feel better about the fact that their province rapes them on a daily basis and that must be everyone else's fault...

Still beating this dead horse I see.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
I ride Kakwa every year, countless times. And I have since before the groomer was operative out there. 15 years I have been out there and there is the sassholes that go out there and disrespect it, Albertan or BC'er. They are the people who don't understand what kind of work goes into having places like this to ride. I am apart of the Swan City Snowmobile Club and our efforts to make sure everyone is aware to 'TAKE OUT WHAT YOU TAKE IN' are very strong. But, doesn't mean that everyone is going to listen. US Albertans make sure the cabin at the lake always has firewood, US Albertans always make sure the STARS rescue boxes are in safe and reliable areas for EVERYONE'S use in ANY emergency situation. It actually pains me to think that someone wants to try and ridicule and lay blame solely on Albertans. I mean hey if you see someone littering and know they are Albertan out there by all means call them on their bull****, cause I would BC or Albertan if you litter out there you're a sasshole.

My Dad and his brothers had a horrible experience with some BC'ers a few years ago when there was 3 cabins out at the Kakwa Lake, they came in at 2 AM and my Dad and his brothers were happy to share the big cabin with them instead these guys from BC threatened to beat them senseless if they didn't leave THE PUBLIC CABIN. So what happened? My Dad packed his things and left on a journey back to the parking lot on the Alberta side, are you kidding me? It's things like these that make tension between BC'ers and Albertans, if some of us would just swallow our prides we could all get along.

As far as the Prince George cabin goes in Kakwa, I have heard some horror stories of guys not wanting Albertans there, and hey I respect that. I have never been and don't plan to go to that cabin, that's your guys' and I don't look to trample on your area however respect that some people don't know these things.

All I am trying to say is please don't point your fingers at Albertans for making the mess, we clean up after alot of people out there. Last year some of the members of our club pulled a sled that was abandoned and frozen into the ice. Did I mention everything we do is volunteered time? Do I have to mention again that all the sassholes that do disrespect the land have never tried to volunteer a minute of their time?

Take some thought into what you have to say before you say it.

Last edited:

HCR800<3

Reaction score
1378250_760622560630352_927709520_n.jpg

Everyone's thoughts and concerns are more than welcome to be brought up at our upcoming AGM or to any of our monthly meetings which are posted on our FB page and on snow and mud and our website.

swancitysnowmobileclub.org

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad and his brothers had a horrible experience with some BC'ers a few years ago when there was 3 cabins out at the Kakwa Lake, they came in at 2 AM and my Dad and his brothers were happy to share the big cabin with them instead these guys from BC threatened to beat them senseless if they didn't leave THE PUBLIC CABIN. So what happened? My Dad packed his things and left on a journey back to the parking lot on the Alberta side, are you kidding me? It's things like these that make tension between BC'ers and Albertans, if some of us would just swallow our prides we could all get along.
if it came to the point that I felt I had to leave the cabin for my safety, there would have been punctured fuel tanks on some BC sleds. and maybe a small fire.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
if it came to the point that I felt I had to leave the cabin for my safety, there would have been punctured fuel tanks on some BC sleds. and maybe a small fire.

Yeeah, well. That's fighting fire with fire. That's whole other issue on it's own from this thread, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew we all bleed red don't matter what side of the little line on the map we're on.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride Kakwa every year, countless times. And I have since before the groomer was operative out there. 15 years I have been out there and there is the sassholes that go out there and disrespect it, Albertan or BC'er. They are the people who don't understand what kind of work goes into having places like this to ride. I am apart of the Swan City Snowmobile Club and our efforts to make sure everyone is aware to 'TAKE OUT WHAT YOU TAKE IN' are very strong. But, doesn't mean that everyone is going to listen. US Albertans make sure the cabin at the lake always has firewood, US Albertans always make sure the STARS rescue boxes are in safe and reliable areas for EVERYONE'S use in ANY emergency situation. It actually pains me to think that someone wants to try and ridicule and lay blame solely on Albertans. I mean hey if you see someone littering and know they are Albertan out there by all means call them on their bull****, cause I would BC or Albertan if you litter out there you're a sasshole.

As far as the Prince George cabin goes in Kakwa, I have heard some horror stories of guys not wanting Albertans there, and hey I respect that. I have never been and don't plan to go to that cabin, that's your guys' and I don't look to trample on your area however respect that some people don't know these things.

All I am trying to say is please don't point your fingers at Albertans for making the mess, we clean up after alot of people out there. Last year some of the members of our club pulled a sled that was abandoned and frozen into the ice. Did I mention everything we do is volunteered time? Do I have to mention again that all the sassholes that do disrespect the land have never tried to volunteer a minute of their time?

Take some thought into what you have to say before you say it.

I find this very sad. As a director of our club, I am embarassed by this story (and others like it) am working very hard alongside the new directors to change some of the misperception out there regarding cabin use and "BC vs. Alberta" attitudes. Here's to change and going forward :beer:

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the tight ties our Albertan club has with BC Parks and how they back us to be in there.

I’m a little late to the game on this thread but, Sam you forgot to mention the fact that BC parks hauled an award alllllll the way in from the BC side to present the Swan City Snowmobile at the cabin for our efforts in Kakwa Wildlife Park.;)

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find this very sad. As a director of our club, I am embarassed by this story (and others like it) am working very hard alongside the new directors to change some of the misperception out there regarding cabin use and "BC vs. Alberta" attitudes. Here's to change and going forward :beer:

Sledmamma

Thanks for your efforts as a director with the Prince George club and in trying to influence the attitudes of some folks.

I run into a number of PG folks in the area of Kakwa that I ride and most are good to chat it up with, some you can tell don’t really like to see Albertains out there but they are still respectful when talking with them. Only once did I run into a guy that was what I’ll call abrasive, we got to talking about safety and avalanche conditions then he started to poke fun of me for taking an avalanche course… Instead of taking offence me and my buddies just laugh it off and keep it as good sledding story to tell from time-to-time.

Thanks again! And Maybe one day we will run into you folks in Kakwa.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledmamma

Thanks for your efforts as a director with the Prince George club and in trying to influence the attitudes of some folks.

I run into a number of PG folks in the area of Kakwa that I ride and most are good to chat it up with, some you can tell don’t really like to see Albertains out there but they are still respectful when talking with them. Only once did I run into a guy that was what I’ll call abrasive, we got to talking about safety and avalanche conditions then he started to poke fun of me for taking an avalanche course… Instead of taking offence me and my buddies just laugh it off and keep it as good sledding story to tell from time-to-time.

Thanks again! And Maybe one day we will run into you folks in Kakwa.

Well, the fact that he would laugh at you about taking an avalanche course tells you just how credible the guy is. My gawd some people are stupid. I think it would be awesome to run into you guys in Kakwa-- some planned meetups might go a long way to showing everyone that people are just people no matter which side of the border they are from. Its always easy to villainize people you don't know, but 99% of the time familiarity breeds respect and we could use alot of that.

I'm curious what work the Swan City Snowmobile Club did to impress the BC Parks guys so much. Our little club could use this kind of good rapport with them. We have started helping them with trail maintenance etc., in the off season but I am wondering what else we could be doing...

Say hi to the wifey for me :) I see she is signed up for a SheShreds Clinic: awesome!!

Top Bottom