Jaws big shark kit

kganch

Reaction score
Who has installed a jaws big shark kit on their 2012-2017 arctic cat 800. I have a 2015xf highcountry. Was the pipe touching the plastic just about the shock'? I have tippled up the heat tape around this area but i think it will still get hot. Did you guys need to wrap your pipe? Also what are your clutch set ups. Right now I am reving around 8000 at 75gram of weight without the pipe . Riding at 480m elevation. Still need to test it with the pipe. Jaws site calls for 8300 to 8500 will I be close?

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has installed a jaws big shark kit on their 2012-2017 arctic cat 800. I have a 2015xf highcountry. Was the pipe touching the plastic just about the shock'? I have tippled up the heat tape around this area but i think it will still get hot. Did you guys need to wrap your pipe? Also what are your clutch set ups. Right now I am reving around 8000 at 75gram of weight without the pipe . Riding at 480m elevation. Still need to test it with the pipe. Jaws site calls for 8300 to 8500 will I be close?
my son has the big shark kit on his 800 2015 cat. He is running 8200 with 72 grams. His kit works well. He also has Linderman numbers in his boondocker box

kganch

Reaction score
What elevation is he running at? I have the dyno jet programmed from jaws. Did he have any issues with the pipe close to the plastic? Did he wrap it ?

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would wrap the area that is close mine did melt some plastic on my 14. I was in extreme conditions and the sled was working hard that day but I believe it was just too close. As for the weights your best bet is to get adjustable ones. You should be close with your set up but you want it right for peak performance. Mine gained about 300 rpm. I also had Linderman numbers and it worked good.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran that system on my cat and many others. It won’t melt the plastic too bad but it will enough to make the pipe ugly lol.
One layer of header wrap in that particular area works well.
Dalton AQ/BK primary, GR/GD secondary you can keep stock 36 helix or run a 38 like Jaws suggests, or 42/38. Will have to adjust weights to get proper RPM. Typically around 68G at 6000’

Top Bottom