PCV Map For Jaws Big Shark, 16' M8000

crete68s

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I'm looking for a high altitude PCV Map for the Jaws Big Shark Exhaust System. I received the high altitude boondocker map from Jaws and converted that to the PCV table, but it's not perfect. The sled pulls hard from a dead stop, zero percent throttle, directly to wot. If around 50 percent throttle, then wot, it is very sluggish, sort of like it is loading up. Maybe the map is a tad rich in these areas. I contacted Brent per the forums and the fact that I ride at high elevations, all 9000 plus, but he was reluctant to give out any numbers. One other note is that the big shark is paired with a diamond s lite can, a combination in which has been done before with success, so they say. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

knh208

Reaction score
I have low and high elevation maps. I'll send a PM.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

crete68s

Reaction score
I had actually called him before I posted and he was not very enthused to help me out for whatever reason. I told him most of my riding was about 10k ft and he said he wouldn't really have anything. Thanks for the help.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend putting a set of EGT's or an A/F gauge on, and building your own map with a tablet or laptop, or having a map built on a dyno The reason Racin Station or Linderman may not have a spot on map for you is they haven't tested at those elevations with the PCV, with the Diamond S can, and they don't want you to burn down if air density or temps change... You may have better luck talking to VOHK in Colorado, or presenting this inquiry on SnoWest's forum, as there really isn't much in Canada at that elevation - most riding in BC is between 5-8000'. Another consideration is use an air density / temperature table to correct the fuel table from a known good map at say 6000' - but I wouldn't do either without EGT's or an A/F guage, you'd be flirting with disaster, especially in the mid range (cruising), as the cat mapping is a little lean when the power valves open.
On my personal setup (Linderman 925 with Jaws Big Shark setup & timing key), I run EGT's, and a BD box in 13 RPM mode, and have it pretty dialed for elevation, but it's a bit too crisp for the trail up to the alpine, so I vary the throttle a lot and run a bit of AV gas to keep EGT's down. I prefer the BD box because I can alter the mapping on the hill at will, with no need for a laptop or tablet. I know this isn't what you are looking for, but try a local shop to your area, and follow their recommendations, even if it means buying a different fuel controller. You'll be happier in the long run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom