HELP! PCV map req'd for Bikeman 900 BB kit

JONSHOW

Reaction score
HELP!! I need a PCV map that actually works for my 2014 M8000.
I've tried the map from the Bikeman site,
But its way over fueling.
There's another map, that I haven't tried.
On the 2010-2011 map the fuel add percentages are WAY lower. I actually cant figure out why they'd even be different. A 2010 and 2014 motor are the same motor are they not? I'm worried about even trying this map as I don't want to lean this thing out and melt it down. (I have tried removing my PCV and running the sled for a few minutes, it rips, but it's running super lean)
I don't have an EGT or a AFR gauge so I cant determine if its running right except by feel and checking the plugs. (Which, on a proclimb is a HUGE pain in the ass)
I'm running the following kit, is there anyone else running the same with a map they can email me?
Here's the Bikeman kit I'm running:

- 900 Big Bore pistons and Jugs w/trail porting
- Bikeman head with low altitude inserts
- Y-pipe, Fatt-azz single pipe, powder lite can (all ceramic coated, idk if it make s a difference for the map required)
- Boyesson rage cages (M1000)
- 50mm Throttle bodies
- 2.5 degree advance timing key
- Torsional clutch kit 41/36 helix, Goldstar weights w/ 81 grams

Thanks everyone who read this.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on Mad Motorsports....
I still haven't called them, trying to figure it out on my own.
I'm not a big fan of burdening someone else with my problems when I haven't bought from them.
I dont mind asking the forum members and sorting through the responses, I appreciate all the help....

What is a guy supposed to do, just call a shop up and say: "Hey, I never bought anything from you guys, but my bikeman kit isnt running worth a crap, can you help?"

Sledzepplin

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on Mad Motorsports....
I still haven't called them, trying to figure it out on my own.
I'm not a big fan of burdening someone else with my problems when I haven't bought from them.
I dont mind asking the forum members and sorting through the responses, I appreciate all the help....

What is a guy supposed to do, just call a shop up and say: "Hey, I never bought anything from you guys, but my bikeman kit isnt running worth a crap, can you help?"
Call Bikeman directly there awesome to deal with. I found the map I uploaded from there site was garabage to for my bmp stage 2 clutch kit with high alt head. So I had a new map built on the dyno here in Edmonton. Then we installed a dyno jet auto tuner piggy backing on the pv5 with a 5% learn correction. I took er up to the hills rode it for a day then hooked it into
the laptop accepted the trims it's offered. Did that a few times and the thing seems to work great!!! What alt are you running at?? Again call Bikeman directly. There really good to chat up there

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Call Bikeman directly there awesome to deal with. I found the map I uploaded from there site was garabage to for my bmp stage 2 clutch kit with high alt head. So I had a new map built on the dyno here in Edmonton. Then we installed a dyno jet auto tuner piggy backing on the pv5 with a 5% learn correction. I took er up to the hills rode it for a day then hooked it into
the laptop accepted the trims it's offered. Did that a few times and the thing seems to work great!!! What alt are you running at?? Again call Bikeman directly. There really good to chat up there

I appreciate the input, but you started off telling me they were awesome to deal with and then, that you had to take your sled to a dyno shop in Edmonton to have it dialed. Then, after that, you had an auto-tune module installed.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound awesome, that sounds like Bikeman doesn't know what map to provide somebody with, based on the kit that was sold and the elevation they are riding...

Last edited:

thekrust

Reaction score
Then just call them and bitch them out... At least you'll feel better. Maybe by venting some frustration at them your sled will work better too!

Sledzepplin

Reaction score
I appreciate the input, but you started off telling me they were awesome to deal with and then, that you had to take your sled to a dyno shop in Edmonton to have it dialed. Then, after that, you had an auto-tune module installed.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound awesome, that sounds like Bikeman doesn't know what map to provide somebody with, based on the kit that was sold and the elevation they are riding...
the map was running lean so i had a new map built on the dyno the auto tuner was 230$$ touch not really the end of the world!! with that timing key advance shouldn t you be running race fuel mix with that?? perhaps sunoco standard?? i never said you had to dyno yours i just like blowing money on sleds according to the old lady! lol call neil at bike man he should be able to help i have a couple maps on my other laptop but they were off a 2011 m8 might work for ya though

JONSHOW

Reaction score
the map was running lean so i had a new map built on the dyno the auto tuner was 230$$ touch not really the end of the world!! with that timing key advance shouldn t you be running race fuel mix with that?? perhaps sunoco standard?? i never said you had to dyno yours i just like blowing money on sleds according to the old lady! lol call neil at bike man he should be able to help i have a couple maps on my other laptop but they were off a 2011 m8 might work for ya though

Hmm, I dont know about the race fuel mix with the timing key, we talked pump gas the whole time I was building the package up.
I may throw an auto tune in, but I was told specifically when I bought it that I didnt need it. I actually requested one and they said I didnt need it.
I've decided to take it back to the shop and have them tune it, kinda pissed, but thats the way she rolls I guess.

Sledzepplin

Reaction score
I was told to run a race mix if your gonna install the timing key advance. I chose not to install the timing key and still some low end torque gains. But overall lost hps from stock. Or at least that's what we measured on the dyno. IMO the auto tune s a good way to go, that way you can make your own adjustments. Running bmp kit in the passes I would say now it wasn't worth what little gains I seen for the amount of money spent. I hear good things about the slp kits though. I'm interested to hear how your sled runs after they install the auto tune.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Thanks Sledzepplin.
I installed the low compression domes and the thought was that it would be set up to run between 3000-6000 feet on pump gas all day long. (With timing advance)
Now that the holidays are over Im hoping to be able to get a hold of someone over at Bikeman and see whats going on with the map.
I've had a few guys PM me on this and other forums who are having the exact same problem so theres got to be fix out there.
some guys are running the auto-tune, others are running dual egt's and an afr gauge and tuning it themselves.
I'll let you know how it works out.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
OK, so I got a new map from Bikeman.
This one is WAAAY leaner than either of the maps they have available for download on their site.
And as I said, I've been e-mailing back and forth with a few people who are having the exact same issue as me.
So while I'm in camp, I emailed the new map to a fellow in Washington to try out.
Here is his latest response....

"... loaded your map as map #2 (after installing the toggle switch). Then re-calibrated the TPS in the Dynojet program per instructions. The outcome... you'd better hold on. He said it was almost uncontrollable like a turbo with instant full boost. EGT's stayed around 1150. "

So I'm headed home tonight and tomorrow I'll be working on the sled. I'll post my results and a quick vid, if, I'm wheely-ing everywhere!
BRAAAP!

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Sooo....
She's running better, but she's not tuned yet. She's topping out at 8400 rpm but hitting a peak of 8250 at WOT on the trail.
The new map definitely made a huge difference but I had to drop a bunch of weight out of the primary as well. Bikeman had suggested 81g and I'm currently running 76.4g. I'll end up putting another weight back in today, probably in the 2nd spot from the heel to improve the backshift. (What a pain in the *** these Bikeman Goldstar weights are. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But I'll write more on those later in a product review)
Now I have a major midrange bog. If I mash the throttle from a dead stop she wails, and, when you're running at a good clip and push the flipper to the bars she gets in to the powerband right away. But, if I'm putting around at low speed and give her some throttle she bogs right down. No good in the trees or through creek chutes.
I'm thinking that the secondary is shifting to a higher gear too quickly due to a spring pressure which is too light.
I'm going to try and clock the secondary spring in to the last position (currently the spring is clocked to the 5th spot of 6) but I've got a feeling that I'm going to need a stiffer secondary spring...

Top Bottom