Jaws big shark kit

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're a lot leaner then Greggs that's for sure. My buddy is running Greggs so far no issues. Haven't been too high yet though.

mAXm

Reaction score
ya i bought my pipe right from jaws at the beginning of the season so it should be the updated one. I just have the dalton adjustables and I'm at 67.5 grams which gets me to 8500 rpm give or take. Just the bottom third of the mountain going up to frisby i had a bog. It seems it was loading up as i would go from half throttle to full it would bog every once in a while. Rips though I can defiantly tell the difference. What size was is the bushing in the end of yours slededjr?

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i bought my pipe right from jaws at the beginning of the season so it should be the updated one. I just have the dalton adjustables and I'm at 67.5 grams which gets me to 8500 rpm give or take. Just the bottom third of the mountain going up to frisby i had a bog. It seems it was loading up as i would go from half throttle to full it would bog every once in a while. Rips though I can defiantly tell the difference. What size was is the bushing in the end of yours slededjr?

Mine was a little finicky last year when I tried the epi (both 66 and 68 gram weights) I found the best weights were the stock cat 68 grams
If You could load your daltons to match the stockers it might clear it up if the profile is the same. If the profile is a bit different. Try a set of stock weights if you have them.

I would pull my revs with the Epi's but my sled pulled way harder once I got my clutching right.

What are you running for springs and helix?

mAXm

Reaction score
Thanks, Im reading the forum about inconsistent rpm and I'm thinking it might be something with my oil pump to throttle body connection too...Maybe not the pipe at all.. Ill have too look at that.

kooteanykid

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems. First time out with this set up. Riding 700-2200 meters. Sled was bogging and spitting all day. No temp lights coming on or any alarms. Sled was running about 8400 rpm. Once the temperature dropped outside the sled seemed to run good. I called jaws and he said it's running too hot, but like I said no alarms. I don't remember anything in the instructions about relocating the temp sensor. And unsure about the reducing pipe out referring to? Once the sled seemed to be running cooler it rocked. Lots of power but most of my day consisted of bogging and spitting.

kooteanykid

Reaction score
I was on the side of the moutian and called Greg at jaws. He ran through all the mapping for me. Very helpful. I'm bringing my sled in today to have valley motosport in kelowna plug into it and see what then problems are. I'll let you know what they say.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one I installed is a 38.5 mm end. It's actually my buddies sled.
The short drive I had it on after the install it seemed to work great. Huge difference in power. We're taking it out this weekend for a good rip in the Edson area. If I end up with any issues or changing the mapping from Greg's or Brent's I'll let you know. As far as clutching goes I used Glen Daykin's set up. My opinion is that I know and have dealt with Greg since '97. He is a stand up guy and he does back his product. Can say the exact same for Brent Linderman. Both those guys have a very good relationship also. If you're going to be in high altitude that's where Brent's numbers are going to work best, and Greg's will work better in low altitude. Having said that I'm pretty sure Daykin is running with Greg's numbers for his riding.

kooteanykid

Reaction score
where are you riding and is the mapping numnber different from what is set with the kits, im having problems with the sled bogging and spitting, how to i get ahold of brent for questions?

mAXm

Reaction score
Brent numbers are a page or two back and they work a lot better, just bogged a bit in the lower elevation but definetly much closer than the ones from jaws

mAXm

Reaction score
ya i have the newer box too and it does bot the 13 rpm and the 5, brent suggested just using the rpm

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new 13 box does both. Greg's numbers or Brent's. Did some more research on this the past couple days as well. Basically the pipe bushing has changed from original design sometime last season. The ecm on these sleds are quite different from one another, gor some reason there's a few different programs from Cat installed especially from year to year. Verified this with Brent, Greg, and a Cat dealer I know. So basically, put Greggs numbers in and run it, if it doesn't work right (too rich) use Brent's numbers or visa versa. Brent's first if don't work us Greggs numbers. Sounds kind of stupid but that's the way it is.

kooteanykid

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I'm going riding today so I'll try giving Brent a call and getting the number, still
Unfamiliar with this box it's the first time I've modded a sled so big learning curve but looking forward to having this machine dialed in

justified

Reaction score
How about for clutching? I have a x3, ported, jaws pipe but did not have the drivers changed to the 7 tooth. Looking for tips! Thanks

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we finally took my buddies out today. we ran it all day with Brent's #'s and had no issues. worked really well, huge difference compared to stock. we were in edson area.

Top Bottom