2015 arctic cat xf high country gearing

kganch

Reaction score
So stock comes with the 19/50 gearing. It has the 2.25 powder claw. I just put the jaws big shark kit and on and I can't even shake my buddy off with his 2013 m8000. Was reving 7900 to 8000 before the kit with 75 gram weights. Now I'm reving high 8200 hit 8300 once. Just a little confused as I'm not really hitting the recommended rpm with even lighter weights then they recommend. They call for 76 to 78. And back to the gearing. I might get to the mountains twice a year if that. Seems the seld hits a wall around 75. I do probably 50 off trail 50 on. Like playing in the powder and ripping across fields in the prairies. Any recommendations what I should change the gearing to?

gforce_15

Reaction score
maybe i'm misinterpreting your post but you'll need heavier weights to bring RPM down (not sure what recommended rpm is for the big shark kit). I put 20/49 in my '13 high country and it was a great mix for bottom end pull and not hitting such a wall at 75 like you're experiencing.

kganch

Reaction score
I need to bring the rpm up. But according to them I should be 76 to 78 grams in weights. And right now I'm at 75 grams. Was expecting the rpm to be way higher. Not making the 8300 to 8500rpm they call for

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off you may get more help posting in the Cat section. The gearing change wont change your rpm. Drop weight, one gram for one hundred rpm is a guide line. You need to get the Jaws pipe to the recommended 8300-8500. I have seen to rich of a fuel maps keep the rpm down also, mine was done by Linderman and it worked good. Make sure the primary and secondary clutches are in good condition, clean and have a new and/or properly adjusted belt. The wall at 75 is most likely due to the clutching and gearing combo. Go to Country Cat home page and there is service manuals at the bottom of the page under technical info. You will find gearing charts that tell you the speed difference.

Top Bottom