**HELP** M8000 Only pulling 6800 RPM.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
2014 M8000 with Bikeman 900 Big Bore Kit only pulling 6800 rpm.
Except, when you can get on a straight stretch long enough to keep the throttle to the bars. After a few seconds it'll start to burp and fart and then it hits full RPM (Or at the very least it jumps 1000 RPM) and pulls like savage! but ive gotta get out of the throttle as I run out of open trail ahead of me.

Im down in Revy for a test and tune trip and I cant get this issue figured out.

Starts first pull.
Bikeman clutch kit installed. Orange primary spring installed in 5th position in torsion secondary (reverse functions perfect) primary has blue spring, Bikeman Goldstar adjustable weights with 81 grams of weight distributed evenly (dropped to 75 grams while trouble shooting with no effect on RPM)
I changed my plugs this morning with no effect.

Any thoughts???
Im thinking power valves but I've got them adjusted to the point where I have no where left to go on the adjustment bail. There's stilll a little slack left on the cables but not too much.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you have for fuel controller? sounds like its loaded up on fuel. What do your plugs look like?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not sure if its just how i read your powervalve adjustment details... but to me it sounds like your doing the measuring/adjusting wrong! get your manual out for proper power valve adjustment

JONSHOW

Reaction score
im not sure if its just how i read your powervalve adjustment details... but to me it sounds like your doing the measuring/adjusting wrong! get your manual out for proper power valve adjustment[/QUOTE

Im pretty sure i've got the cables set up right.
the stock cable adjustmnet is set.
I've got a 2013 service manual, i've measured the cable length.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
2014 M8000 with Bikeman 900 Big Bore Kit only pulling 6800 rpm.

Its definitely the fuel map.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Now I have to figure out what map is going to work with out leaning it out too much.

Top Bottom